PDA

View Full Version : Table is set -- I'm almost ready!

Joan@DebtofGratitude
October 12th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Been cooking since 5 am! I'm almost ready -- just three more dishes to prepare and DH has to light up the grill.

Here's a peek at my table and my Brown Butter Pumpkin Cake

I know what you're thinking . . . what's she doing with a non-quilted table runner? I need to remedy that, huh? (I've made a couple since I started quilting a few months ago, but neither of them are the right color scheme for this fall table.)

By the way, if you are interested in the cake recipe, here's the link:

Brown Butter Pumpkin Layer Cake (http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/brown-butter-pumpkin-layer-cake.aspx)

I have made it many times and it's scrumptious.

Klasien
October 12th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Looking good!!!!!!!!

Have fun :)

Sandy Navas
October 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM
See, Joan, I told you miss-matched was great. No one would have noticed the table runner wasn't quilted though. You just had to share that so we wouldn't kick you off the forum? Oh, and I never did get my invite for the right time to show up bringing hostess gifts, so I guess you will just have to eat my share of that beautiful cake. Thanks for the recipe!!!

Andrea F
October 12th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I just showed my hubby the picture of your cake and he asked me "Why havenīt we been there?"

bec
October 12th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Your table looks fantastic and so does your cake! My families favorite cake is a toss up between home-made carrot cake or Italian Cream Cake. I'll be making one when my kids come home for the holidays.

So what is your special occasion?

Lisapc
October 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Table is lovely and the cake? Well I am thankful for the recipe because it looks just wonderful!

SallyO'Sews
October 12th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I'm on my way... save me a piece of that cake!! :D

bkthomas
October 12th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Your table is Beautiful!!!! ....and I sent that link to my DD...hope she will make it for us!

Bubby
October 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Your cake and your table look great! Enjoy!!

MRoy
October 12th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Your table looks great and a piece of that cake would be yummy!

Joan@DebtofGratitude
October 12th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Your table looks fantastic and so does your cake! My families favorite cake is a toss up between home-made carrot cake or Italian Cream Cake. I'll be making one when my kids come home for the holidays.

So what is your special occasion?

I am part of a "dinner club." There are seven couples and we rotate hosting dinner at our homes, one about every 6 weeks until everybody has a turn. Two of the couples are Indians (vegetarians) and one is Turkish, so we always have great food and great variety. My mother was a fantastic Southern cook, so I tend to make my own brand of "New American" comfort food -- kind of like Mom's cooking but with a twist.

Carol336
October 12th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Your table is beautiful and wow that cake looks fantastic. Have a wonderful evening