PDA

View Full Version : National Geographics . . a MUST watch movie - Oct 27th .. be prepared

CountryHut
October 12th, 2013, 06:35 AM
- ok folks - this gives me the chills -

those of you that are preppers - you will understand this -- those that are not - be prepared for the
--black out-- that is suppose to take place in November -- this is suppose to start in -- what FEMA is calling
region 3 --- NJ-Delaware-PA - DC . . etc . . . .
BUT could travel throughout the US

with fall in the air and winter knocking on some doors already
- time to rotate and restock - water on hand - refill all those propane tanks

mark your calendar for this movie -- showing only 2 weeks before -- off the grid black out is suppose to take place

American Blackout - YouTube (http://youtu.be/Vi_Rz9mCTjM)

Sheena
October 12th, 2013, 06:43 AM
I'm sure that sooner or later something like this will happen either by natural disaster or terrorism.

Why do you think it will start in region 3?

CountryHut
October 12th, 2013, 07:03 AM
one of the core routers for the internet is in Virginia -- which is "Hosted" (controlled) by the government

kind of like a fire drill *so to speak*~ to Declare Martial Law

Why do you think it will start in region 3?

Granny Judy
October 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Wow, got my attention.. Tho this is Only a MOVIE... it makes you stop and think about the What If's and What Would YOU do.. Could this really happen?? Yes, and that is scary for me.

But I am prepared.. Could you survive an event like this??

Roxanne
October 12th, 2013, 08:56 AM
If they know it is going to happen, why don't they do something to prevent it? Sounds like Y2K and we all know how that one ended.

quiltsRfun
October 12th, 2013, 09:00 AM
If they know it is going to happen, why don't they do something to prevent it? Sounds like Y2K and we all know how that one ended.
That's what I was thinking.

Suzette
October 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Yep, if I can't control it, I can't worry about it. It's not burying my head in the sand, it's choosing to NOT live my life in fear over what "might" happen. But if you like scary movies, this sounds like a good one!

CrazyMtnLady
October 12th, 2013, 12:29 PM
There is a lot of talk out there that this is going to be "a drill" for training. My neighbors listens to a ham radio and tells me all the things the government is doing that does not get told over the mainstream media. The government has been buying TONS of ammo, MREs ( army food) and water as well as weapons and stuff.
Also did you know that right before the Oklahoma City bombing, Boston Marathon bombing, Sandy Hook school shooting and others that the forces were nearby for "training drills"?
I never hurts to be prepared.

Lisapc
October 12th, 2013, 02:07 PM
For the fall we prepare for long power outages. I say long meaning 7-10 days with plans of driving a few hours to find supplies we may need after that for my parents and us and the kids.

I actually have a friend that believes the Mosquito's are controlled by the military to take our blood samples and bring them back to the government. Some people will believe anything and some won't believe anything.

Hulamoon
October 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I actually have a friend that believes the Mosquito's are controlled by the military to take our blood samples and bring them back to the government. Some people will believe anything and some won't believe anything.

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Okay don't tell your friend that I laughed:)

Hulamoon
October 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Well the earth will survive.

Life After People | Watch Free Documentary Online (http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/life-after-people/)

Musical_Starling
October 13th, 2013, 02:36 AM
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Okay don't tell your friend that I laughed:)

I laughed too... But then I realized why my student loan bills are so high... They're making me pay back the cost of their "equipment" that I've either squashed or my cats ate! Dang flies! :icon_giggle:

This kinda reminds me of "Live Free or Die Hard" where they have the "fire sale". I remember when we watched the movie, both DH and I agreed that it was a bit of a scary movie because it really could happen. We let so much of our lives these days be computerized, that if it ever goes down we're in BIG trouble! What will all of the teenagers stare at if their cell phones won't work? And what will everyone do when they can't creep their neighbours' Facebook pages? We'll be lost! lol

easyquilts
October 13th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Although I am not a prepper, I follow about three ladies in YouTube who are.,,, they have been talking about Region 3 for a while now... It dies give one pause,,,

PeggyM
October 13th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I was in the grocery store yesterday, and apparently the food stamp system was down. A little old lady was sitting on a bench by the checkout saying, "it's a sign of the end times". We don't realize how much we rely on technology. I later found out that computer problem affected 17 states ALL day.

Mchelem
October 14th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Texas is used to rolling black outs every summer when the temps get 104 with a heat index of 110.

We (Texas) own our own power grid, so I'm not too concerned. We survived before electronics, I'm sure we'd manage after an adjustment period. There's always solar power.
I did read that its a drill.

Power Grid Down Drill To Be Conducted By US Government Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! (http://www.infowars.com/power-grid-down-drill-to-be-conducted-by-us-government/)

HdWench
October 14th, 2013, 08:53 AM
There is a lot of talk out there that this is going to be "a drill" for training. My neighbors listens to a ham radio and tells me all the things the government is doing that does not get told over the mainstream media. The government has been buying TONS of ammo, MREs ( army food) and water as well as weapons and stuff.
Also did you know that right before the Oklahoma City bombing, Boston Marathon bombing, Sandy Hook school shooting and others that the forces were nearby for "training drills"?
I never hurts to be prepared.

I only know about the ammo as my DH and neighbor like to go target shooting and everywhere they are SOLD out of most bullets -- From Arizona store up through Ohio and across to Minnesota we've been! *duh* I forgot to ask DH to check in Missouri where ppl hunt! It "seems" our Tax dollars bought about a million years worth to be put into storage!!!! hmm something in the white house is beginning to smell and they are worried we won't like it?

CountryHut
October 14th, 2013, 10:29 AM
my sister and her hubby work for a trucking company that have a government contract - they haul -- DITS loads - 1.1 explosive and ammo -- there is satellite tracking on their rig and have a panic button in the truck . . and if they get pulled over or stopped at a scale house by DOT for any long length of time . . the Military in the area is there with a snap of a finger -- one of their trips - they were coming out of nova scotia -- border/custom held them up for over an hour -- one customs officer was giving the BIL a hand full of crap and wanted him to break the seal on the trailer . .BIL told him NO WAY . . if you want to inspect the load . . you break the seal . . . he told the sister to hit the panic button . . . man o man . . . they told me that there were military vehicle and helicopters all over the place with guns pulled -- military police took the custom dude in handcuffs . . of course they never seen that officer at the border again . . .
then when they haul 1.1 explosives -- they have undercover/spotters peeps following them -- of course they don't know it . . BUT if they *the truck driver*~ . . spots the spotters and report back to their dispatcher within 1 hour of leaving the terminal they get a bonus . .
--
now I can tell you . . where I live . . the government shut down one of military base -- if I travel through the woods its about 5 miles away . . . . when large military planes are coming in to that CLOSED base . . the planes are -- what we call -- tree top high . .
thats how low they are flying . . . and there has been ALOT of funky looking planes coming in of late . . . .
for the pass few years . . the only planes that would land there were jets off the aircraft carrier during hurricane season . .
or the Blue Angels . . . .

for OUR Land of the FREE -- we've already lost our 1st Amendment and with Russian soldiers *ugh*~ training in the US
-- we are about to lose our 2nd Amendment . . . . and if you live within 100 miles of a border be it land or sea --
you lost your 4th Amendent

as with the Movie/documentary "2016" --- this movie American Blackout - should be a reality check

toggpine
October 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Ack!

NO M* FORUM UPDATES!

That is what would be the absolute worst! We could manage here with just about everything else for a while.

Sheena
October 15th, 2013, 04:50 AM
If there's a blackout there'll be public uproar and disorder. Then all those stored bullets will be shot into the people to shut them up. Yikes.

Mchelem
October 15th, 2013, 05:45 AM
my sister and her hubby work for a trucking company that have a government contract - they haul -- DITS loads - 1.1 explosive and ammo -- there is satellite tracking on their rig and have a panic button in the truck . . and if they get pulled over or stopped at a scale house by DOT for any long length of time . . the Military in the area is there with a snap of a finger -- one of their trips - they were coming out of nova scotia -- border/custom held them up for over an hour -- one customs officer was giving the BIL a hand full of crap and wanted him to break the seal on the trailer . .BIL told him NO WAY . . if you want to inspect the load . . you break the seal . . . he told the sister to hit the panic button . . . man o man . . . they told me that there were military vehicle and helicopters all over the place with guns pulled -- military police took the custom dude in handcuffs . . of course they never seen that officer at the border again . . .
then when they haul 1.1 explosives -- they have undercover/spotters peeps following them -- of course they don't know it . . BUT if they *the truck driver*~ . . spots the spotters and report back to their dispatcher within 1 hour of leaving the terminal they get a bonus . .
--
now I can tell you . . where I live . . the government shut down one of military base -- if I travel through the woods its about 5 miles away . . . . when large military planes are coming in to that CLOSED base . . the planes are -- what we call -- tree top high . .
thats how low they are flying . . . and there has been ALOT of funky looking planes coming in of late . . . .
for the pass few years . . the only planes that would land there were jets off the aircraft carrier during hurricane season . .
or the Blue Angels . . . .

for OUR Land of the FREE -- we've already lost our 1st Amendment and with Russian soldiers *ugh*~ training in the US
-- we are about to lose our 2nd Amendment . . . . and if you live within 100 miles of a border be it land or sea --
you lost your 4th Amendent

as with the Movie/documentary "2016" --- this movie American Blackout - should be a reality check
My daughter's an MA in the navy and told me the blue angels have been grounded. I remember seeing them in 1991 at the NAS in Norfolk.

CountryHut
October 15th, 2013, 07:46 AM
yep the Blue Angels have been grounded since April this year - . . . earlier this month - while being ID at the gate *2 get on base* -- they handed out flyers stating that the show scheduled for the end of the month was cancelled

so NO touch and go in my back yard this year . . L*~ . . . .
though it was nice to sit in driveway and watch the air show -- I wonder what I will do with my time this year . .

My daughter's an MA in the navy and told me the blue angels have been grounded. I remember seeing them in 1991 at the NAS in Norfolk.

CountryHut
October 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM
:icon_bump:

just a little reminder :icon_wave: