PDA

View Full Version : Here I Am.

Sew Perfect
October 11th, 2013, 11:28 PM
It seems like a lifetime ago since I've left to drive down to Florida for my Grandpa's funeral (89), but it's only been 2 weeks. It was actually a fast trip if I think about it. My DH and DS took turns driving and we drove straight through to Orange Park, Fl., arriving at 4:30 a.m. (Eastern Time) - we left our house at 7:00 a.m.(Central Time), so that tells you how long the drive was. We stayed at my dad's for the day and the next day, drove another 3 hours to Melbourne. Gotta love that Florida traffic on I-95.

That afternoon, I went and picked my 84 year old step dad up from the hospital and took him to the base to turn in his prescriptions. My mom has changed much and can no longer drive. She was such a mess with her dad (my grandpa) passing away, and her husband being in the hospital. Not to mention all her ailments and issues.

I finally gave her and my step dad their quilt and they really love it. I pray they will be able to enjoy it for a few more years.

The day after driving the 3 hours to Melbourne, we drove back up state for another 3 hours (this time to Central Fl.) for the funeral. Of course, we drove back to Melbourne the same day because DH and I needed to bring my mother back home. We stayed 2 nights in total in Melbourne, then drove 1 hour to Orlando to my sister's then came back home. I was relieved when I got to use my rewards points for a free nights stay at the hotel in Nashville, then drive the last leg home the day after.

We arrived home last Thursday, but then I had to get back in my car and drive 2 1/2 - 3 hours down to Wichita on Friday because I promised my Aunt I would come see her, as she's also been in and out of the hospital this year. My cousin and I took her to 5 shops due to the Central KS. Shop Hop. She had so much fun, but man was I tired! I was happy that my cousin did the driving. We had a sew in on Saturday and Sunday and I was also able to pick my sister's quilt up from my Aunt's quilter. It turned out so beautiful and I am so proud of it. I need to put the binding on it, but want to find some thread that will match.

On Monday, I drove back to KC and that night I slept like a rock. I pretty much have slept this whole week away due to exhaustion. DH has gone into work early tonight, so I thought I would write a post on my happenings and maybe I will try to sew a bit before I go back to bed. I think I am finally rested up, or at least I hope so.

I wanted to say thank you to those of you who have sent me a private message to check on my. You are all so good and kind and it sure did lift up my spirits to know you've thought of me.

Misa (Sew Perfect)

P.S. Would you all believe me if I told you that I slept right through Paducah?

PeggyM
October 12th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Wow, that's a lot of driving. I'm glad you're safely back to your beddy bye.

easyquilts
October 12th, 2013, 12:28 AM
You slept through Paducah?

I got tired just reading about all the traveling you did.... You deserve to sleep all week.... Glad you are safe, and at home.

pcbatiks
October 12th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Hi Misa, glad you made it home safely. We missed seeing you here on the forum.

Musical_Starling
October 12th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Holy cow woman, you're not going to want to see another car for a month! lol I'm glad your trips went well and even more glad you were able to get some much needed REST after all those travels!

ilive2craft2
October 12th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Wow, that was a lot of hours in the car - I am tired just reading about it! Glad you are safe at home.

I am sure your mom and step dad will treasure the quilt that you made for them. I pray that they have many years to enjoy it.

Did you get much stuff during the shop hop, since you slept through Paducah?

nyscpa2be
October 12th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Wow - that was some trip, followed up by a big quilting trip! Take some time to rest and enjoy some time at home!

Edit to add: So sorry, I forgot to add my condolences for your grandfathers passing.

kensington
October 12th, 2013, 01:28 AM
We missed you at the retreat. So glad you had safe travels. I pray your memories are a comfort to you during this time of letting go. God Bless.

Sandy Navas
October 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I'll echo kensington! You were missed at the retreat. Sounds like a very hectic, bitter-sweet time. I doubt I could have kept up with you!!!!

MayinJerset
October 12th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Glad you are back home and have rested up a bit, you traveled so many miles but you helped your family in so many ways so it was worth it. You must be happy to hear that your Mom and stepdad are enjoying the quilt you made them and also hope they enjoy it for many, many years. Take it easy for a while longer. May

Sew Perfect
October 12th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Thank you all very, very much! Last nght was the first time I've sewn since my return home. It felt so good because my mind was at peace.