PDA

View Full Version : Home sick so just blabbering about nothing

Breezed
October 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Well, I am home sick again today. It's nothing to see the doctor about. I have a severe cough and mucus build up in my chest and a pounding headache to go with it. No fever but sick to my stomach too. There is just no way to be in a class for 8 hours with 14 three year olds! I know work isn't happy but oh well. I have to get better, we leave for vacation next week. We are going to Georgia for a Geocaching camping event! Can't wait. We bought a new Runaway Camper, which is just a sleeper camper and this will be our first time using it. We are bringing the dogs too, so we are super excited. I made curtains from the Camp-a-lot line that I bought from M*.

57817 57818

57819 57820

Yesterday was an exciting day even though I spent most of it lying down watching TV or on the internet from my tablet.
We started having our pavers repaired and much more added earlier this year. It's been a nightmare but as of today it is officially complete and I can now use my driveway and garage for the first time in many months. The pool patio pavers were all repaired and cleaned and wow it is amazing. We bought this house about a year and half ago and so much was neglected, like the pavers. Glad this is one of the huge financial burdens off our list.

We also had a cat door installed in the pool bathroom, and we had a dog/cat door installed in the pool cage. Now to get the cats to actually use the doors! So far each has used it once without help but no more. The dogs are fine using the big one, they just can't remember and keep coming around to the door we usually use. They'll get it though.

AND we had a brand new washing machine and dryer delivered and installed yesterday. I had a front loader and hated it. The thing smelled no matter how much we cleaned it and had it maintained. It also jumped across the floor, and sounded like a jackhammer in the house. It was awful. We spent more money trying to fix the problems and just never could. We sold it for a darn good price to a lady that has no concerns about our issues with it. We were upfront and she still wanted it. She paid already and is coming pick it up on Sunday. Goodbye and I will not miss you! My new machine is standard top loader but without the large agitator in the middle. I washed my bed linens last night and wow I haven't slept in such refreshment in over a year. My sheets smelled and looked so much cleaner. I've never been more excited to do laundry!

Going take some nasty medicine and rest a bit. Have a good day everyone. :)

ksap
October 11th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Sure hope you feel better soon Donelle! I agree, it is a nice feeling to have those home improvements taken care of. Enjoy your new washer and dryer. We women spend so much time doing laundry, you might as well have machines that you like.

Your camping trip sounds like fun, although I am curious as to what "geocaching" is?? What fun bringing the dogs along, they sure are cute! I love the fabric you used for your curtains. Perfect for the camper.

bubba
October 11th, 2013, 05:05 PM
When you go to bed tonight, slather a thick layer of vicks on the bottom of your feet as you get into bed and put on a heavy pair of socks. Believe me, you will wake up feeling better. It sounds crazy, but it works!

HdWench
October 11th, 2013, 05:35 PM
What a fun trip you have planned!!! Geo-Caching is like hunt and find game where you search for an item listed "near" somewhere, then add or take something and make a note in a notebook that you add to certain websites that do this. It's really fun and get's you out and about searching for that special item ;-)

LOVE the Camp-A-Lot line!!! Do feel better so you can have a blast on your trip!

Debbie *thanks for the tip about Vicks on your feet!*

PeggyM
October 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Feel better. Happy "glamping"!