PDA

View Full Version : The Storm from hell!

mom4him
October 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Here is another very well written article on the storm that hit our area last week end. I can't keep from crying when I read these. I talked to my friends that had counted 70 head lost last Monday and were still counting. She said her husband came in last night, shared a couple of stories about the hurror othe what was happening with neighbors and simply stood there and cried.

Please continue to keep all of these people in prayer. Makes our problems look pretty small.

FRONT PAGE STORY! | Real American Cowboy Magazine (http://realamericancowboymagazine.com/2013/04/17/ryan-mcconnel-on-the-pbr-comeback-trail/)

Bubby
October 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Sandy, I feel so sorry for your community. It's devastating. HUGS....

Lisapc
October 11th, 2013, 10:04 AM
So sad, such a long road ahead for all of those affected.

Mom23
October 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I haven't been paying much attention to the news the past couple of weeks and shamefully admit I had no idea there had been this big storm. Thank you for posting. Such a tragic storm. You and your fellow "North Dakota-ans" are in my prayers.

Robin

nyscpa2be
October 11th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I saw in our local paper (upstate NY) how approximately 70K cattle were lost. I came from a farming family, where we had about 100 head of Holstein stock. I immediately felt my heart go out to all those farmers and ranchers, because we knew that was one huge loss, and could possibly be the end of any small farms or ranches. I also saw it from an insurance perspective, and was very upset that the financial aid needed won't come soon because of the shutdown.

MayinJerset
October 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Really can't imagine the pain the ranchers are feeling seeing their livestock lying dead in the fields.

MRoy
October 11th, 2013, 11:11 AM
We have over 150 beef cows. My heart goes out to the cattle farmers in South Dakota. The emotional and financial toll of this storm will be felt for a long time to come.

SallyO'Sews
October 11th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for posting, Sandy; I can't imagine facing this kind of devastation. It's an honor to pray for you and your community.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

p.s. I've posted the article from the blog you linked to on the forum to my Facebook page, just to let others know what our national "news" organizations won't publish. Hope other East and West coast forum members will do the same. Come on, Americans, we need one another!

mom4him
October 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I haven't been paying much attention to the news the past couple of weeks and shamefully admit I had no idea there had been this big storm. Thank you for posting. Such a tragic storm. You and your fellow "North Dakota-ans" are in my prayers.

Robin

Robin, the sad thing is there has been very little news coverage other than some local but not even a lot there. Frustrating to me. They talk about some of the silliest things and when there is something like that that is total life changing for not just a family or two but for a whole reign of families.

mom4him
October 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for posting, Sandy; I can't imagine facing this kind of devastation. It's an honor to pray for you and your community.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

p.s. I've posted the article from the blog you linked to on the forum to my Facebook page, just to let others know what our national "news" organizations won't publish. Hope other East and West coast forum members will do the same. Come on, Americans, we need one another!

I so agree. It is wonderful to get the dollar support where/when possible but just to know there are people out there that truly care, understand and are praying for you is so hugh! Thank you for reposting.

Mom23
October 11th, 2013, 05:53 PM
FINALLY! This was on foxnews.com this afternoon. Hopefully some aid will come to these cattle farmers.

South Dakota ranchers reel after 'catastrophic' storm leaves up to 100,000 cattle dead | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/11/south-dakota-ranchers-reel-after-catastrophic-storm-leaves-up-to-100000-cattle/)