PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

Mchelem
October 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM
I admit that I am a Halloween freak. Usually I start planning my Halloween a year in advance. I take down this years decor and plan for next years. I am not decorating this year, so all my plans will go to next years design (think graveyards, tunnels, Michael Myers, Jason voorhees, etc and lots of strobe lights, fog machines and being chased with a chain saw- I have lines waiting to come get their candy!!).

Anyway, since I'm not decorating this year, my daughters friend, who is pregnant, asked me if I could make her a costume. She sent me a picture of what she wanted and after laughing, I agreed. I went to the store and got the things I will need and plan to start on it tomorrow. Here is the picture I got:

I admit its a little odd, maybe a little creepy, but definitely unique!!

Lisapc
October 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Very creepy! I don't think I could make it or wear it. Have fun!

nyscpa2be
October 11th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I think it deserves to be a halloween costume much more than the "here comes baby" cakes.

Lisapc
October 11th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I think it deserves to be a halloween costume much more than the "here comes baby" cakes.

I just googled "here comes baby" cakes. Gross!

Some things should be cherished and not turned tacky and shocking, true or not.

MayinJerset
October 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Thought the Halloween costume was kind of gross but it was nothing compared to those cakes looking like real babies and then someone slicing off pieces, super gross!

Hulamoon
October 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
When I was a baker I had request's for penis cakes, so nothing surprises me. I think the costume is funny. Have fun and good luck with making it

Maybe I would lose the blood. lol

Lisapc
October 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
When I was a baker I had request's for penis cakes, so nothing surprises me. I think the costume is funny. Have fun and good luck with making it

Maybe I would lose the blood. lol

When my brother got divorced my mother was mad at me for weeks because I made him a "sea of boobs" cake and got him a case of condoms for his birthday as well as had every single friend I had call him, I even had a calendar to keep it all straight. I never would have gone to the nether regions for a cake though!

easyquilts
October 11th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Kind of creepy.... I'm not sure I could wear it, either. But... It's very original.. That's for sure!

easyquilts
October 11th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Kind of creepy.... I'm not sure I could wear it, either. But... It's very original.. That's for sure!

Sharyn J
October 11th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Ooohhhh, and I thought the creepy monster finger cookies were gross! Well, it's Halloween and whatever floats your boat ..............

easyquilts
October 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Oh, man.... I Googled "here comes baby "....totally gross... Seriously gross.

Mchelem
October 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I googled too "here comes baby" cakes too. I had never seen those before.

As a midwife student, I don't find them gross- some of them were stupid, others hilarious.

To each their own i guess.

TeresaJean
October 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I think the costume is funny, I must have a twisted sense of humor.

Mchelem
October 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I think the costume is funny, I must have a twisted sense of humor.

Me too.

Of course I chase kids (and adults) around my neighborhood with a chainsaw (with the chain taken off-dont want anyone freaking out thinking I put kids in harms way)

shermur
October 11th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I'll have to watch and make sure no one hurts my dog!

Hulamoon
October 11th, 2013, 05:12 PM
When my brother got divorced my mother was mad at me for weeks because I made him a "sea of boobs" cake and got him a case of condoms for his birthday as well as had every single friend I had call him, I even had a calendar to keep it all straight. I never would have gone to the nether regions for a cake though!

That's funny. The nether regions cakes were carved and I had to stop taking orders for them. The kids were getting a little to curious. lol They were mostly for bachelorette parties.