PDA

View Full Version : My head is spinning!!!!

bubba
October 11th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I have worked w/a gal for at least 25 years. Her aunt recently died, and my friend is the executor of the estate. The aunt lived in a HUGE house overlooking the water, filled to the brim w/her belongings. Back in June when she first died, my friend was having quite the time going thru all her things. I asked her if she had any sewing machines and she told me no. I have asked on and off for the past couple months, and tonight she mentioned she would be having an estate sale over Veterans Day weekend. Again I asked her if she had found any sewing or quilting machines, mostly just joking.

Well.....I nearly dropped dead when she told me that she had brought home a case this past summer and has been driving around with it in her trunk. She looked in the case the other day and she said she found a sewing machine. Well, my palms began to sweat, my eyes got large, and I'm pretty sure I was drooling! She has a featherweight that I don't think has ever been used!!!!!!! Soon to be mine, all mine! :D She just got home and sent me pictures of all the things....the manual looks brand spanking new!!! Can't hardly wait for Sunday to get here!!!!

Lisapc
October 11th, 2013, 07:45 AM
I would be begging to get her today. Congratulations!

MRoy
October 11th, 2013, 08:03 AM
See if she'll price it to you now. If she doesn't know about Featherweights, she might offer it to you at a bargain!

easyquilts
October 11th, 2013, 09:55 AM
You hit the jackpot! It 's almost unheard if to find an Unused Festherweight.... congratulations.... Don't forget to post pics!

MayinJerset
October 11th, 2013, 09:57 AM
And to think she's been driving around with that treasure in her car.....Glad it is going to be yours.

Mom23
October 11th, 2013, 10:25 AM
WOW! Ever since seeing Bernice's Featherweight at the retreat I have had the fever to get one. I can't wait to see pictures of your new treasure!

Hulamoon
October 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
You are one lucky girl that she looked in the case before she had the sale! Congrats on your new baby!

Andrea F
October 11th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Congratulations! Seems like you are a lucky girl. I have to admit I have no idea what makes this machine special but I am excited to see a picture of it.

TeresaJean
October 11th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Wow, great find - Congratulatons, hope the price is reasonable...

PeggyM
October 11th, 2013, 05:24 PM
That's awesome. Tell your friend to inspect the house carefully. I work in the probate field, and have heard stories of stock certificates in sock drawers, cash in the freezer disguised as frozen peas, cash in the rusted old Maytag on the back porch and hidden under floorboards in the attic, and wrapped in linens in the back of the closet. People that lived through the depression were often distrustful of banks, so they hid cash and valuables in the house.

HdWench
October 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
oh yes Bernice brought her's into the retreat in the cabinet and WOW! I did not know previous why they were so desire, but I know now lol Can't wait to see photo's

my gosh driving around with it in her Trunk like an unloved piece of.... booo hoooo!

janluna
October 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM
​Congratulations!!!! So happy for you. What a find! Hugs, Jan L.

bubba
October 11th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Believe me, she has been thru that house w/a fine toothed comb!!! She just didn't know what that little black case held!

stitching woman
October 11th, 2013, 08:16 PM
You are going to love your new baby. Can't wait to see her. Congratulations

Gayle8675309
October 11th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Congratulations on your new "baby"! :)

bkthomas
October 11th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Very happy for you! Congrats!!!

RFREE
October 11th, 2013, 09:25 PM
OMG How great! You will love it! They are such amazing,surprising little machines. Lucky Lucky you! Can't wait to see it!