PDA

View Full Version : We have an appointment!

mom4him
October 10th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I am both relieved and disappointed. LOL Now does that give you an idea of my state of mind? The appointment with Drs is Nov. 22 with possible surgery on the 25th. I am relieved that we have a date and that it is far enough out there for us to get a bit more money gathered together and make better plans all around. I am disappointed that it is so far out there(LOL) and that it is right before Thanksgiving. If we end up having to be there more than 1 or 2 days for the surgery, it will leave my husband and two sons here to cook for themselves. Actually we will probably just put our meal off for a day or two. I had thought that my middle son and his wife would probably come and do the dinner so they would have that celebration anyway but he informed me that they were not planning on coming to our house this year. They have a couple coming that wants to spend Thanksgiving with them.:icon_rolleyes: We have had this couple at our house several time but....... anyway, life goes on, God is good, and it will all work out.

You ladies have all been so great to support and pray for us I wanted to let you know of the appointment.

bkthomas
October 10th, 2013, 09:00 PM
This is a good thing!
A Thanksgiving meal a wee bit late is something to be Thankful for!!!

HdWench
October 10th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I know how you must feel Sandy, trust in the Lord he will never let you down. Kids *sigh* why do they try to disturb Holiday planning!? Praying this appointment helps ease your mind and you get relief from the surgery!

baslp
October 10th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear that you were able to get an appt. scheduled. It will be here before you know it! Will you drive to Minneapolis?

MayinJerset
October 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Thanksgiving dinner can be a week late this year when all is well after the surgery and you all can relax. Mr. Turkey understands.

easyquilts
October 10th, 2013, 09:24 PM
So glad to hear that your appointment is set.... Don't worry about Thanksgiving day... A delayed dinner is fine.... Besides, then your family will truly have something to be thankful for.

Kids... What more can I say?

mom4him
October 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks, ladies. I am glad we have the appointment and we will have our Thanksgiving when ever. It will all work. I am a planner and sometimes I plan myself right into stress mode. LOL The main thing is that she is ok.

Baslp, her and I will be driving to Mayo, Rochester, MN.

dwil23
October 10th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Glad to hear that you finally know something.

My DD has a good friend that has a younger brother with Down's Syndrome. The first two Thanksgivings of Zach's life were spent in the hospital after surgery. Therefore, her family's Thanksgiving tradition is - pizza! Sam (Samantha) did not ever remember eating a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner until she came to our house one year.

It won't matter how or when you celebrate - you will have lots to be thankful for.

Sandy Navas
October 11th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Sandy, we've had our oldest DGD at Mayo a couple of times. The first time we stayed in a motel with a suite - pretty close by the hospital. The last time we were there we found this wonderful little house for rent with full bedrooms (all those girls, mind you), kitchen facilities, off-street parking, and ample bathrooms - completely furnished with TV to keep the girls occupied and within walking distance of many restaurants. If you are interested please PM me and I'll see if I can dig up the information. It was so much cheaper than a hotel/motel, and more like being 'home'. Also within easy distance of the hospital.