PDA

View Full Version : Thankful for YOU!

SallyO'Sews
October 10th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Happy Thanksday, dear ones!

Today I am thankful for the Quilt Retreat at M*QC last weekend! Even though I wasn't able to go, so many of you did, and were thoughtful enough to take and post photos of my quilty friends so I can at least put a face with your names. So I'm choosing to be thankful instead of jealous. I'm so glad you all had a marvelous time, and so thankful that the Doans seemed to be enjoying themselves as well!

Also thankful that I live in Connecticut, where there are four very different seasons, and I can enjoy the beauty of each one, even if it's just through the window of my office job! We are almost at "Peak Week" here in the Hartford area, when the leaves are at their showy best. Truly glorious. Those of you who are familiar with Psalm 19 will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Have a wonderful day, Everybody, and don't for get to smile as you give thanks!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

alliek
October 10th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Blessings for you also Sally. I enjoyed the Retreat from the pics and descriptions also. Thanks to all who posted. Enjoy the leaf peeping. We are a few weeks behind you here in VA but I can see some brilliant colors already on some trees. Enjoy.

bkthomas
October 10th, 2013, 09:08 PM

I am Thankful!!!

Googled - Attitude of Gratitude, and above are just 2 - I could have chosen many more!!!
....and my middle name is Joy!!!!

HdWench
October 10th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Thankful to have wonderful people like YOU on the forum Sally! We were lucky enough to live all over the US and overseas and I do love to see the leaves turning colors and falling (but not the cleaning up part lol)! I do hope you can come in 2014 and enjoy meeting the Doan's and talented forum folks. I'm happy many photo's were posted and the forum was kept up to date on the going on's... Jean was a tremendous coordinator besides being a very talented woman! I'm thankful you posted such a lovely description of the leaf colors so I can remember how pretty they are, thank you!

:-Debbie

ksap
October 10th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Enjoy the beautiful colors. It's just not the same here in Kansas.

Thanks for reminding us that it is important to be grateful each and every day. :)

easyquilts
October 10th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I am thankful, too.... You guys who were lucky enough to attend the retreat did your best to take the rest of us with you, and we appreciate it... The pictures and posts were so much fun....

Do you think someone could compile all of the pics into one album? That would be perfect.... Captions, too, so we know who and what we are seeing.

Thanks, again.... See? I am not jealous....I am not jealous...I am not jealous.....

auntiemern
October 10th, 2013, 09:23 PM
I am so thankful I was able to attend the MSQC get together. I did however forget my camera, so I have been enjoying every one elses photo's as well. I can't wait for next year. Hope to see you there.

bkthomas
October 11th, 2013, 12:03 AM
:lol: :icon_wave: :lol: :icon_wave: :lol: :icon_wave:

pcbatiks
October 11th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Today I'm thankful for the friends that I have made here on the forum and the new friends that meet here too!

Also thankful my little project turned out better than expected yesterday!

Lisapc
October 11th, 2013, 02:05 AM
I am thankful for real friends, the change of seasons and that the weekend is coming!

Miss Sheri
October 11th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Thanks Sally, I love your thankful threads! Gratitude helps make EVERYTHING feel a little better. We find our kinder, gentler natures. We become humble and sweeter, and more willing to share with others. I am thankful for my kindly Father in Heaven and his Glorious son. I am thankful for my family and friends, my health and my freedoms. I am thankful for the kindnesses I see daily from the students at the high school where I work. It gives me hope for our future. I am thankful I have found all of you!~Miss Sheri

kensington
October 11th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Thank you very much Sally. Hopefully next year you will be there singing to the Oldies music with us, and making all sorts of memories too! God Bless.

Musical_Starling
October 11th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Hmm, what am I thankful for today? I am thankful for a husband who is becoming quite a good chef, especially since he couldn't turn on an oven when I met him almost 8 years ago lol I'm also thankful for friends who are always willing to listen and know that I would do the same in a heartbeat :) And lastly, I'm thankful for two crazy kitties who always find a way to make me laugh!

It's Thanksgiving for us on Monday, so it's good that I'm thinking about this today because then I won't be so slow coming up with something to say at the dinner table! :icon_giggle: Not that I don't have lots to be thankful for, it's just tough to narrow it down!