PDA

View Full Version : Hello Thursday!

Blondie
October 10th, 2013, 06:55 AM

Hello Folksies!

Thursday! Wow. I feel the need to wash my mouth out with soap because I am about to say where the heckfire shoot did M-T- W go? All's good in the hood as my kids used to say; just still needing some time that I can actually catch my breath. Not anytime in the next several days. That's just the way things are. I really need to get rolling on some actual things for me that I would like to do, like I really really want to paint a room or two in my own house, make a few things for me like a new hand bag,etc. etc. etc., wah, wah, wah. Okay, that feels better.

I have sure been enjoying the chilly mornings and evenings. Yesterday was so breezy as well. All the leaves left in huge piles the other day are now mostly scattered again. Perhaps it will be windy enough to blow them all away. In my fantasy world that is how it happens. Yeah, right. I know the exercise is good for me. That is why leaves fall from the trees. Love sweater weather. Or in my case, sweatshirt weather.

Made sweet and sour chicken for dinner last night and some fried rice. Of course we shared all this since it always seems to make bunches and bunches. There was even a little bit of leftovers. After a few weeks of no real shaking the pots and pans, I almost had to find the manual to find out how to turn on the stove.

Okay, I am off to get ready for another day. I have my coffee cup filled, Gracie on my lap and a big smile on my face after seeing our Summer's post about Amelia Song and her soon to be legendary entrance. Perhaps she will grow up to be a master chef! Or is that cheftess? Way to go!

Blessings to all here. I will throw in some extra prayers, hugs and never lose my smile. That only happens when I am put on hold for fifteen minutes at a time waiting for overworked and forgetful receptionists to remember I am still there.

SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HdWench
October 10th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I sure have missed reading you Blondie and seeing what great message is for today!!! hmm I have spare time when I've forgotten the other zillion things waiting to do (mostly involving cleaning!) :-) but like you say, it's all good!

Hope the leaves really do all just blow away *pffft* there in our minds they just flew up in the air and were lifted away along with every sorrow.

I feel like I won the lotto going to the forum meeting, then becoming a member of the secret yellow duck society! And a beautiful rose to wear on my fingers, thank you so much Blondie!

Had the sweats out the last day in Missouri where we spent 4 hours with the oldest grandson this past Sunday. Hope he knows what a terrific kid he is going to become. Then began the too long trip across country. Hope Karen made it in good time to Albq... we drove past (I-40 to 25 South) and stopped in Hatch, NM where they have their incredible Hatch hot, medium and mild Chili peppers home grown. What a treat if you get a chance and buy the Mild and freeze them - they go UP in heat quickly ;-)

Schedule not adjusted yet so as Blondie's having her morning coffee, I'm having my last cups heading to bed. Hope it's a good Thursday for all.

Bubby
October 10th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Morning Everyone,

It's a chilly morning...the Girls have been outside, coffee is smelling strong and Jeff is almost ready for work.

Yesterday was my last large dental appointment. I have to make a quick trip back for him to work on my bite a little...I was too numb for him to do it yesterday. It's good to know that it's all over! What a long journey.

I'm thrilled for Summer to have her newest angel to hold in her arms. I'm thinking that if she had Amelia in front of the stove at home that it wasn't planned to be that way! At least they are both fine and Amelia's so darling!!

I'm not sure what's on my agenda today other than running the vacuum and dusting. It feels like a good day for a Crockpot meal. The DD is the one item I couldn't resist....I'm trying to be on a fabric diet until January. It's not that I need to stop buying fabric, it's that I need to start sewing!! I finally got some good sleep last night. The state of our government has me bothered...no, downright mad that so many Americans are being hurt by this ridiculous stunt! Okay, I'm not going to go on a rant about it.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday.....Barb

MRoy
October 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning! I've been up since 3 so I may take a nap soon. No Sizzix at Tuesday Morning yesterday, but I got a Fons and Porter thimble and a small suction cup handle for templates for 99 cents each and I got these for less than $4:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuaq-W_wCK395OZDqUM7uoLNF0rHBrHFW4IUZPtkxInJeGqpAwGt3qq tLLOl57DwPgL9g1x3Zp&usqp=CAY

Now I have templates for cutting circles (8, 5, 2, and 1 inch). I'm planning on a sew and mow day...sew this morning and mow the lawn this afternoon. Have a great Thursday!

RFREE
October 10th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Good Morning everybody. Unlike yesterday morning I got up and jerked the curtain back to hopefully see another breathtaking sunrise but nooooo just a very heavy fog! can't even see the pond it's so thick:( Oh well I have heard for each foggy morning we will have a snow day. Yikes! If this is true we are in for a bad bad winter! I have no leaves to rake Blondie. The ice storm a few years back got all my Bradford pear trees and there are a couple maples in the back yard;way back. Summers new addition is adorable for sure. My DD wants to go to Vienna and ride the 20 mile bike trail today. I am not sure my old back can take it or not. I turn 48 tomorrow and feel every bit of it and then some.Constant back and neck pain 24/7. I might just try it to see if I still can. That is if the park isn't CLOSED!! This government shut down is ridiculous. So many people lost there plans for fall break this time because of it. I think this country is really messed up worse than people realize. And it won't be easy to fix it either;that is IF it is fixable! Enough of that....
You all have a great day.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

dwil23
October 10th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Good Morning, all!

You said a mouthful, Rhonda. When the govt closes down private business on private land because it happens to be in a national park, we are beyond fixing, IMHO. Oh well, let's talk about other things that are good.

I went to Deborah's house yesterday and among other odds and ends I finished up, I made 12 circles for Blondie, just have to get backing fabric to attach them too. I also started on eight stockings for the soldiers, and got one done. The second is partially done, but not happy with how it looks. I am doing them scrappy/string/crazy quilt style.

Today, I am going to have lunch with a good friend, that unfortunately, I only get to see about once a year. We always say it's not going to be so long the next time, but it always is.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Lisapc
October 10th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Blondie: That little sign is so true for me that it is scary. I did that twice yesterday.

You all have busy lives and today mine will be the same and I am glad to know that I am not alone in that.

No nap time for me today but I will surely fall asleep on the couch after dinner if I allow myself to sit down.

My BF/partner Regina called last night to schedule some stuff and we talked business for 5 minutes and then giggled for an hour. My hubby introduced us on my 33rd birthday. It was her 27th. We have been best friends ever since. She is an amazing woman with such strength, talent and love in her heart that the fact that her and her sister spent way too much time trying to get hubby's attention before we got together just makes me giggle. He came upstairs from working out last night and we were on the phone and she asked what he was wearing. I told her sweatpants and a tank top, why? She said, "just imagining the view". She is just so much fun, I wish I could find her a Peter of her own. She truly deserves it.

Prayers and a great day to all!

Sandy Navas
October 10th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I have sure been enjoying the chilly mornings and evenings. Yesterday was so breezy as well. All the leaves left in huge piles the other day are now mostly scattered again. Perhaps it will be windy enough to blow them all away. In my fantasy world that is how it happens. Yeah, right. I know the exercise is good for me. That is why leaves fall from the trees. Love sweater weather. Or in my case, sweatshirt weather.

SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This truly made me LMFAO - We have over 100 trees on about 6 acres and have a 'Cyclone Rake' that works on the lawn mower. For severa years Al has spent WEEKS out there running this thing (which mulches the leaves and flings them into a huge canvas 'bin') and then dumping in this major compost area we have . . . the last count was 97 full bins plus or minus a YEAR - and they are huge.

So, we have a fastidious neighbor who claims we'd have a wonderful bluegrass yard if we would get rid of dandelions - but he seems to forget that the wind blows from the NW most of the time and he owns two pieces of property very close by - in both directions - and they are overgrown with dandelions.

Now, tell me the truth - was I bad in suggesting that Al forgo running his cyclone and just let the leaves fall as they will? Seems that when that NW wind really kicks up a storm that the majority of the leaves blow over onto the fastidious neighbor's yard . . . and then what is left here can easily be mowed over, mulched and allowed to fertilize and rejuvenate the yard . . . Anyway, it worked. We sure aren't getting any younger.

Sandy Navas
October 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Had the sweats out the last day in Missouri where we spent 4 hours with the oldest grandson this past Sunday. Hope he knows what a terrific kid he is going to become. Then began the too long trip across country. Hope Karen made it in good time to Albq... we drove past (I-40 to 25 South) and stopped in Hatch, NM where they have their incredible Hatch hot, medium and mild Chili peppers home grown. What a treat if you get a chance and buy the Mild and freeze them - they go UP in heat quickly ;-)

We work with a food co-op out of Phoenix and two weeks ago got a huge bag of Hatch peppers - these are the HOT ones. (Gloria, where are you????? I hear Martin would love some.) Used one this morning in Al's favorite Shakshouka. Yummy!!

kensington
October 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Sandy, we rarely rake leaves out here. Unless I missed something. LOL. With all that has happened this week, I have had moments when I did not know what I was doing, and what I was doing was in my hand. I went back to bed this morning, thinking I would just sleep this day by. No such luck, I'm not tired. The sunrise was pretty and a chill in the air. All of a sudden I want to move to somewhere warm.

You have more land than we have. We have 4-5 I think, but only mow 2 as the rest is all woods.

kensington
October 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
How do those peppers ship Sandy? How long do they last... I can come up this weekend, I'm sure.

CrazyMtnLady
October 10th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Good morning everyone. Woke up to a beautiful morning. Sun is shining and even though there is a little fog out there it makes the neighboring hills look like islands in an ocean.

Yesterday was a rough day, things just kept going wrong. TarButt decided to run off and it took me over a half hour to get her to come home. She knew she was in trouble and went immediately to hide under the computer desk. The bathtub faucet is leaking.
I was doing laundry (remember I have a wringer washer in my outdoor kitchen) and the plug started sparking and I thought it was going to catch fire. Luckily I was on my last load and got it finished. I need to put a new cord on the washing machine.
Then I went out to take the clothes off the line and one of my clotheslines had broke and the clothes were lying on the ground! ARGH! So I had to cross my fingers and plug the washer back in and rewash the load and hang them back up.
I just felt so alone and sorry for myself I sat down, drank a beer and had a good cry. Feel better this morning.
Today I will take the clothes off the line and get it all folded and put away. Then I am going to pamper myself and do my nails.

Rhonda: Have a wonderful Birthday tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

Precious1
October 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone. Blondie, I've had those moments many of times. The sad thing is I'm still young. Today is my birthday. I'm turning 42. I don't have any plans except to sew. :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

I made a list of quilts and projects I want to make, I've pulled fabric from my stash and I'm heading to the LQS to purchase what I don't have.

My thought and prayers are that God gives you the strength to keep on keeping on. Smile and be blessed.

MayinJerset
October 10th, 2013, 01:05 PM
SOMEHOW I MISSED BLONDIE'S THURSDAY POSTING AND BEGAN ANOTHER ONE, THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I CHECK THINGS OUT HERE BEFORE FINISHING MY FIRST CUP OF COFFEE.

Donna, Hope today is a better day, you have the right idea to relax and do your nails.

No leaf raking here as the only tree we have left is an ornament pear and it only drops a few little leaves. Our maples died off one by one and we had to have them cut down. Not that DH or I could rake the few leaves that blow into our back yard, tried to do it last year with the lawnmower but we couldn't get it started. We haven't use the mower years as we have a lawn service cut your grass. They could do a Fall Clean up for us but that's expensive - if there are too many leaves this year I'll call on sons to help us like I did last year. I'm the Leaf Coordinator and also hold the big leaf bags open for them. Hey, DH and I have put a lot of work into their homes, wall papering, building decks and roofs as well as helping all of them move lots of time and Boys it is pay back time.

K. McEuen
October 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Sandy, you need to roast and peel some of those peppers and make some green chile stew. I think I could live off that stuff. Right now I've got the taco soup in the fridge made from Bernice's recipe. I sent half the double batch home with my kid, who has been out living on her own with two room mates since the Sunday I left to drive to Hamilton. They are working their way through boxes right now, still don't have living room furniture, but too many boxes in the way to worry about that right now.

I made decent time on the trip home Debbie, once I finally left Hamilton. It was after 4 pm on Saturday. Stayed the night in Wichita Kansas and drove the rest of the way on Sunday. Was home in time for dinner.

My neighbor has a huge cottonwood tree that drops most of it's leaves in my yard, driveway and the back of my truck. It's funny as I drive down the road how many leaves fly out, so I'm spreading them all over town. My huge fruitless mulberry hasn't done it's "whump" as they call it around here. Those trees don't drop their leaves until the first hard freeze, then they all fall at once and it's said if you happen to be outside you hear them all fall - hence the whump. It is pretty funny to see a big circle of leaves 6" deep under the tree after it happens.

buckeyequilter
October 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Good afternoon.....

Just had lunch and now I want a nap...but they frown on sleeping at work. So I'll just take a few minutes before I get back to work and check in here :)

Talking about leaves and trees....we had to have a red maple cut down yesterday and the stump removed - some kind of bugs killed the tree (ugly looking critters). We also had another tree trimmed and that is nice because everytime I went out to my sewing room I had to dodge tree branches and leaves. When they were wet it was even worse...now those are out of my way.

I need to finish pinning a quilt tonight so I can start the quilting tomorrow night. I really need to clean my sewing room because I have to search for stuff now and I hate that.

Happy Birthday Precious1!!! Hope it's a great one.

Well need to get to work. Have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to those who need / want them.

auntiemern
October 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Good day all. I actually got a lot (for me) done yesterday. Finished hand binding a special quilt. Took the binding off and back on another quilt. Almost finished a COC top for Blondie. Will have the kiddo's this afternoon, and be taking the girls to a dentist appointment.
DH met DD at the mechanics yesterday, to look at her car. The motor is shot. (once that news came I had a minor melt down) It is smoking like crazy, so she will have to get a new car. We were hoping this one held out til Feb, but that isn't going to happen. I will be taking her car shopping Mon.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

K. McEuen
October 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM
DH met DD at the mechanics yesterday, to look at her car. The motor is shot. (once that news came I had a minor melt down) It is smoking like crazy, so she will have to get a new car. We were hoping this one held out til Feb, but that isn't going to happen. I will be taking her car shopping Mon.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

I don't know if they have them in your area, but if they do, give Carmax a shot. I've bought my last 2 trucks from them and they are so nice to deal with. The price on the vehicle is the price, no haggling and stuff like that. It was so nice to be able to look at them online then go to the lot to see what you were interested in. Much nicer than messing with a dealer in my opinion.

HdWench
October 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Happy Birthday Precious!! Hope you can shop and sew until your wonderful day ends!!

Got to check the recipes for Bernice's, bet the peppers in there will be great! I got mine already roasted and peeled, then divided up into smaller freezer bags so they pack and hold well. Darn guy talked me into 4 huge bags then gave me another of red peppers for free whoo hoo Pepper stew, peppers on hamburgers... Yum! Glad you got a connection Sandy aren't they great?! I forgot when their festival is, but driving through in October they always have them so it's a good stopping place. off to the recipe area, Enjoy