PDA

View Full Version : Plexiglass Extension Table?

quiltingtrish
March 26th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I would like to buy one for my machine and wondered if anyone out there has one. Know of any good place to buy one or order from for a good price? I am pretty sure they are custom made for the type of machine the person has.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
March 26th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Trish, I won one at this site: http://www.sewauction.com/index.php
They have a contest - but they are also sponsored by a company that makes the extensions: http://www.tableextension.com/
When I won, I elected to get an extension for my Featherweight and love it. I also have an extension with my serger and think it is the cat's pajamas.

Table Extension does make them custom order.

singer fan
March 27th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I have a plexiglass extension table for my singer featherweights. I think I got it from keepsake but not positive. It fits nice against the bed of the machine and i like it. Hope this helps.

shawnan
March 27th, 2011, 12:41 AM
I got mine from my sewing machine dealer, and it was a gift so I don't know the price, or where it was ordered from. But I do know that I love it. I have a carry bag for it, so it is easy to take to retreats or sewing days.

Sorry, I'm not very helpful.:icon_eek:

rebeccas-sewing
March 27th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I think I'll check with my sewing machine dealer when I decide to buy one. I think the dealer could provide one or at least be a good source of info. If I have no luck there I'll ask at our local quilt shops. Checking "plexiglass" in the yellow pages might provide a source.

suzette58
March 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I got one custom made from Nancy's Notions. It works great. I had it made for my first Janome.

rebeccas-sewing
March 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Do you mind my asking what it costs to have one made? The website link Sandy sent was listing them at over 100 bucks. That seems pretty steep to me.

quiltingtrish
March 27th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Wowzer - a hundred bucks! Didn't think they were that much. I have 2 Brother machines. One I bought at Walmart so doubt they would have one and the other I got off of Craigs List so no help there. Hmmm - guess I'll check prices through the Brother people online maybe and then see where it goes from there. Maybe I'll have my DH come up with something. I did see where somebody had their DH make one out of wood and then shillacked it so it was slippery - might have to go that route.

Thanks everyone - appreciate everyone's input.
Hugs,

Loonwatcher
March 27th, 2011, 09:23 AM
My Brother (about $120 through Walmart online) came with a quilting package that included a quilting foot, some other attachments I haven't figure out yet and an extension table. It's not as large as the ones pictured on Sandy's link but it's great anyway. Anyway...it means that Brother does have them.

pdjewelrylady
March 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
:) it was my husband that made the wooden table - I LOVE IT!! the fact it is not "see-thru" is a good thing for me. The table makes chain piecing so easy to keep everything in line. He has made a few after this one. A really nice one he stained a dark mahogany - it was beautiful!
He has gotten pretty good at it.... they are custom made to fit your machine. $50 plus shipping. :)

quiltingtrish
March 27th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Oh - I knew YOU were out there Suzi - my brain just forgot whose DH did such a wonderful job on them. I will have to ask DH to make mine but will remember you if I hear of anyone else that needs them. :)

Hugs,

pdjewelrylady
March 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM
for you ladies he says he can make them for $40 - cuz you are my quilty lady friends and you make my happy - LOL :)

Sewbee
March 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Wowzer - a hundred bucks! Didn't think they were that much. I have 2 Brother machines. One I bought at Walmart so doubt they would have one and the other I got off of Craigs List so no help there.
Trish I own a Brother sewing machine and bought a Brother brand extension table on Amazon.com. You would have to verify what models it fits and they may have several different ones but I love mine. It is not as large as the plexiglass ones but works well for me. The one like mine is selling for $56 and free shipping on Amazon at this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-SA537-Extension-Table/dp/B002U0K8BY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1301245123&sr=8-2 (http://www.amazon.com/Brother-SA537-Extension-Table/dp/B002U0K8BY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1301244312&sr=8-2)

Here is what mine looks like:

Suzi it is so great you have a handy husband! Very generous of him to offer to custom make the extension tables. :icon_bigsmile:

Katherine Vickery Ringo
March 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
I purchased the Sew Steady Portable Extension Table when I bought my Viking Sapphire 855. I really like it!

http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp03522.html?ovchn=SPRI&ovcpn=Froogle&ovcrn=Froogle&ovtac=CMP

You can order through there and they'll cut the inside out according to your specific machine.

JanJ
March 31st, 2011, 04:39 PM
Love mine....don't know how I ever quilted without it. I would get it from the dealer as they are made specific for each make and model machine. I spent $100 for mine from my babylock dealer.

Jan J

twnkeyes
March 31st, 2011, 05:38 PM
A wonderful quilt store in Morris, Illinois is The Fabric Center. They don't have a website but they're the largest Janome dealer in IL and also deal in Brother. It's a beautiful store and they will ship anywhere. They sent me my lightweight Janome after a phone call to them, I also got the plexiglass extension and love it! Just Google them and you can find reviews, address and phone number.