PDA

View Full Version : A blog on the devistating storm that hit our area.

mom4him
October 9th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Here is a link to a totally heart wrenching blog that was written on the storm in our area. We personally know a ranching family that as of Monday had lost 70 head of cattle. He was going back home to continue the search.

Opened Door: Broken Dreams and Hearts On the Western Dakota Prairie (http://jodeneshaw.blogspot.com/2013/10/broken-dreams-and-hearts-on-western.html)

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I had no idea. I have been busy and knew a snow storm hit, but I had no idea how it devastated the area. So sorry. My heart breaks reading the story.

Prayers to you and your family, friends and neighbors. If I can contribute any way, please let me know!

Kelly.

PeggyM
October 9th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Sandy, we were talking about this at work today. I never heard about this on the news, just from your posts. My prayers go out to all those affected.

Lisapc
October 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I am disgusted that stupid things that mean nothing are on the news but not something devastating like this. I am praying for all of those affected and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

mom4him
October 10th, 2013, 12:34 AM
For those who have asked about helping, here is a link set up that should be solid. I have read about a couple of places that not sure if the moneys would get to those really in need but this one should be good. I know that anything large or small will help. I personally can not imagine loosing 70 head of cattle in one storm.

https://www.giveblackhills.org/27677

easyquilts
October 10th, 2013, 01:11 AM
This is heartbreaking.....and I was totally unaware.... How could that be? I'm so sorry for the devastating losses... God bless you all.

baslp
October 10th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks for posting this and the link to help those involved.

GuitarGramma
October 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Thank you for posting this. The Dakotas will be in my prayers.

As many others have said, I'd heard nothing about this on the news. We should have! The heartland of our nation was just devastated. What tragedy this storm has wrought!

Carol336
October 10th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I saw a newsflash about a snow storm in Sturgis while at DH's HS reunion last weekend. Then when we came home we had a message from our 85 year old cousin in Rapid City....she is snowed in of course, but she wanted to let us know she is ok, has power and food and her granddaughter is there with her.....and we were having 85 degree weather in MD.....strange.

Will be keeping the folks in S and N Dakota in our prayers.

mom4him
October 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
It really is something. The middle school is closed for the year. They have had to split the classes up between 3-4 other buildings, mainly churches. The ruff has a partial collaps that turned the sprinkler system on so pretty much destroyed everything. Several buisnesses are totally out, the devestation of tree loss is hugh. I have to admit, being a country girl, the livestock is the most heart breaking to me.

I surely appreciate your prayers and support and I know that all those affected do also. Blessings, Ladies.

Tanya D
October 10th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I hadn't heard about this storm. How devastating. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are affected by this wrath of Mother Nature.

HdWench
October 10th, 2013, 05:23 PM
My gosh why do we have to listen and read all about some stupid *stars* life, then hear NOTHING about this horrible storm?!! Yes adding prayers and thank you for the link to help out. Please keep posting to let us know if there is anything else we can all do? I'm so sorry to hear about the lives and the livestock.