PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Walking Dead fanatic like me?

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I am a huge Walking Dead fan! I am so excited that they are starting their new season on Sunday.

Good bye Andrea! I sat this posted on Facebook today. " so good to know that in a zombie apocalypse you can get your brows and hair done."

Anyone with me??

Kelly

Lisapc
October 9th, 2013, 09:33 PM
It is one of the few shows I watch. We do record it so we can zoom through the commercials. I hate commercials.

Glad their gone:

Lorie
Andrea
Shane
Merle

Wish would be gone:

Carl

Wanted love story:

Carol and Daryl

I do cover my eyes a lot though. I am not good with violence!

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 09:43 PM
We cover our eyes too! I agree 100%. I love Daryl and Carol...

We record and watch everything after the fact... Same reason.

You should try American Horror Story. They repeat actors every season, but every season is a totally new story, so you don't have to see season 1 or 2. Starts tonight.

Lisapc
October 9th, 2013, 09:44 PM
We cover our eyes too! I agree 100%. I love Daryl and Carol...

We record and watch everything after the fact... Same reason.

You should try American Horror Story. They repeat actors every season, but every season is a totally new story, so you don't have to see season 1 or 2. Starts tonight.

Maybe, I hate getting stuck on a new show. Is it available on Demand?

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
We watched old ones on Netflix.. So I think it was/ is not on demand.

It is really good though.

MRoy
October 9th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Nope...not my cuppa tea. :)

K. McEuen
October 9th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Wish would be gone:

Carl

Hahaha, I've been hoping he would be zombie food since the first season ... creepy little kid.

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Nope...not my cuppa tea. :)

I didn't think I would like it either Myrna. Now it is my night time soap. :)

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Hahaha, I've been hoping he would be zombie food since the first season ... creepy little kid.

Creepy little kid is right! Lol.

wlrquilts
October 9th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Love the show. Really want to see daryl and carol together. Though I don't want to see anymore or the regular ones killed even Carl who I agree is really creepy. I just think rick would go completely crazy. Plus I wonder what the governor plans are? Can't wait for Sunday.

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Ya, I can't wait to see what guests will be on the Talking Dead too. Do you all watch that after? I was so surprised that so many hide their natural accent... I did not detect it! I really liked Andrea but she always looked too pretty for all that she went through in one day... Hahaha.

Hulamoon
October 10th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Lisa your glad Lorie is gone? lol

I only found this show last season, so I don't know how it all started. I may have to do a little marathon before it starts up again.

Jess1377
October 10th, 2013, 05:37 PM

I only found this show last season, so I don't know how it all started. I may have to do a little marathon before it starts up again.
Lorie, season 1-3 is on netflix. Maybe you could do a free trial and catch up that way?

sassyquilter
October 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Yes! Afraid so. I had kind of fell in love with Meryl... oh well. They are definitely not afraid to kill off a character! I am wondering where they are going with this long term though...

Blondie
October 10th, 2013, 06:08 PM
We have big parties here to celebrate the beginning of the season and the finale. Well, let me re phrase that. Hubs doesn't watch it, so Sis and I and my SIL do all the party stuff - you know finger foods, lol. Hubs and BIL stay home. Dear Daughter Sarah won't watch either, which I find strange since she loves other horrow flicks I won't watch like Saw. eek! so Sis and I go to DD's and watch it on a big screen and munch on gross sounding delicious stuff we have spent all day making. It tickles my SIL to pieces.

See, I agree with all the glad their gone and I would've added Andrea. She got on my last nerve. Too much testosterone in that character.
My sis predicts we will see Rick and Michone together. That would be an odd couple. Daryl and Carol - even rhymes nicely, so of course, they should match up.

For those who don't watch, folksies, there isn't that much horror; basically a night time soap opera.

I was never so glad to see two people off the show more than Shane and Lorie. And yes, that Carl is one messed up little freak. Watch out, Rick! Too late to carry him behind the woodshed!

So, let's get this straight. Walkers are coming up this weekend - that means Downton Abbey is NEXT. Be still my heart! (I really need to get a life)

Lisapc
October 10th, 2013, 06:54 PM

Keep looking at the listings because they usually have a marathon of everything from the beginining so you could catch up this or maybe next weekend before the new season starts. After you watch the first couple of seasons you might wanna change your name. Just kidding. I adore you and that Lorie deserved to be eaten by Zombies! I won't tell you if that is how she died though.

Hulamoon
October 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Keep looking at the listings because they usually have a marathon of everything from the beginining so you could catch up this or maybe next weekend before the new season starts. After you watch the first couple of seasons you might wanna change your name. Just kidding. I adore you and that Lorie deserved to be eaten by Zombies! I won't tell you if that is how she died though.

I hope it's not to painful. lol

I have Netflix so I think I will buy a buy a bottle of wine and watch it.:)

I really loved Orange is the new Black. I can't wait until that comes back. It was brilliant!

Okay that was weird. I started every sentence with I. I got scholded about that one time.

Kelly F
October 10th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Lorie, season 1-3 is on netflix. Maybe you could do a free trial and catch up that way?

Ya, once you start the marathon you will not be able to stop! Hubby and I watched 2 seasons straight through!

Kelly F
October 10th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I am so excited ... I love the idea of parties Blondie!
Ya.. I think I heard that the comic book links Machone and Rick.. So that could be a possibility!

just a few more days....

Breezed
October 11th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I am a zombie fan in general so I love this show. I can't stand that kid either; they just made him too annoying. Lorie was pretty annoying too. I don't know what it is but I find most TV shows in the past couple years always make the wife the most annoying person ever. I find myself cheering when they are killed off, like Lorie here, or Dexter...I can't even remember her name but wow, I got super excited when she died and Roy looked at me like I was going insane. Also Homeland, love that show, but again, that wife is terrible actress, and they made her character annoying, once again. Someone mentioned American Horror Story, I love that show too and think it's unique in how they do each season. I hope they keep it coming. Anyway, sorry to get off track. :)

Lisapc
October 11th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I am a zombie fan in general so I love this show. I can't stand that kid either; they just made him too annoying. Lorie was pretty annoying too. I don't know what it is but I find most TV shows in the past couple years always make the wife the most annoying person ever. I find myself cheering when they are killed off, like Lorie here, or Dexter...I can't even remember her name but wow, I got super excited when she died and Roy looked at me like I was going insane. Also Homeland, love that show, but again, that wife is terrible actress, and they made her character annoying, once again. Someone mentioned American Horror Story, I love that show too and think it's unique in how they do each season. I hope they keep it coming. Anyway, sorry to get off track. :)

My hubby always give me the "really?" look when I get excited that someone who is annoying gets killed off. They are fake people so yeah it is a guilty pleasure.

Evilynn
October 11th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I HATE the show. Here on Fox Finland there's constant spam about the new season with the "Sanctuary" trailer. I always roll my eyes when I see it. Haha! I just can't find anything entertaining about zombies or killing zombies, or surviving a zombie apocalypse or whatever, I'm sorry, I find it just horrible. But good for you if it entertains you! :D (I used to like "without a trace" very much, sad the story's over :( )

(DISCLAIMER: this rather unfriendly post which I truly apologize for was written in a horrible mood. I am sorry.)

Hulamoon
October 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I HATE the show. Here on Fox Finland there's constant spam about the new season with the "Sanctuary" trailer. I always roll my eyes when I see it. Haha! I just can't find anything entertaining about zombies or killing zombies, or surviving a zombie apocalypse or whatever, I'm sorry, I find it just horrible. But good for you if it entertains you! :D (I used to like "without a trace" very much, sad the story's over :( )

(DISCLAIMER: this rather unfriendly post which I truly apologize for was written in a horrible mood. I am sorry.)

That's okay Evilynn. Some of us just need mindless entertainment so we can save our real thinking on quilting math. lol

Evilynn
October 11th, 2013, 12:25 PM
That's okay Evilynn. Some of us just need mindless entertainment so we can save our real thinking on quilting math. lol

Lorie, I always hated those Zombie games already. lol. My hubby plays Call of Duty Zombiemod all the time, he even made friends there. Similarly as I did here. I just don't like the idea of braindead human eating ... humans.. at all that's why I reacted so harshly. I am sorry if I offended anybody - that was clearly not my intention at all!

Breezed
October 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Lorie, I always hated those Zombie games already. lol. My hubby plays Call of Duty Zombiemod all the time, he even made friends there. Similarly as I did here. I just don't like the idea of braindead human eating ... humans.. at all that's why I reacted so harshly. I am sorry if I offended anybody - that was clearly not my intention at all!

I certainly don't take offense. :) We are all entitled to our opinions. If we all liked exactly the same stuff, why would we need each other as friends? I hope no one takes offense either; it's just a silly show that entertains some of us. I sure hope you are having a better day since you mentioned being in a bad mood. :D

Kelly F
October 11th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I hated zombies too! Hubby and his daughter we always watching it and I was like come on! But then I started watching 1 episode of Walking Dead and I was hooked! It is like a soap!

i am loving American Horror story, the season premiere ROCKED!