PDA

View Full Version : Feel cheated..unless I am adding wrong here.

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 07:46 PM
so I went to the Quilting ad Sewing expo. I found this cute booth called Sew Batik out of South Dakota. I bought a yard and a half from a bolt and when I got home it barely looks like a yard.. (Just eye balling) and I bought 5 pre-packaged half yards that look like fat quarters .. A yard is a yard right?

Feeling cheated- Kelly

Lisapc
October 9th, 2013, 07:56 PM
A yard is supposed to be a yard. I am sorry this happened to you.

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Well Lisa,

I have Batiks for the book club!

Lisapc
October 9th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Well Kelly,

all us Elm Creek Travelers love that!

cyndiofthevortex
October 9th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Sew Batik is a wonderful company. They will make good on their mistake, I am sure. You definitely should contact them.

Measure your yardage for an exact measurement and give them a call or send them an email.

Bubby
October 9th, 2013, 08:43 PM
A yard is 36 inches...a meter is a little more than 36 inches. Either way it sounds like someone either measured or labeled wrong!

Kelly F
October 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks Cyndi... I will def measure and check in with them... I did buy a bag of 10 inch squares and I love everything in the package! I think I will use that package alone for something for me after the holidays!

aliaslaceygreen
October 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Sew Batik is a wonderful company. They will make good on their mistake, I am sure. You definitely should contact them.

Measure your yardage for an exact measurement and give them a call or send them an email.
THIS.... I LOVE Sew Batiks... did they charge you for 1.5? Maybe they misheard, or just got confused. It happens, especially when in a slightly chaotic environment like a show booth....

did you enjoy the show? I thought It was great, but smaller than I expected!

HdWench
October 10th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Good luck - it sounds like they will make it right for you and how great is it you got 10" squares! I do love the pre-cuts and make something really pretty for YOU out of them :-)