PDA

View Full Version : Hello Tuesday!

Blondie
October 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies!
I am running a bit behind my time this morning but everything's cool. I decided to stay with Moms again last night. I am certain that you must be tired of me talking of her. I do have a life somewhere, I promise. The sum of it has always been family first.

Middle son Josh will be here this evening and leave Thursday mid day. Sis and her hubs are going to drive there to carry him home for this short visit. What a bonus! Poor kiddo is still saving up for a vehicle and walking in the driving rain almost four miles to work yesterday morning made him appreciate a sidewalk. Good golly, I am a success! I have a child that in the midst of sloshy tennis shoes can be happy for something. Huzzah!

Speaking of rain, we did not get as much as other areas, were under a tornado watch and had one was spotted somewhere in our county yesterday morning. I turned the news off, the music on, thankful that I could sweep and mop with rythym. Not a pretty sight to be sure! I was in the mood for some Travelling Wilburys yesterday morning and began cleaning to Dirty World. How appropriate. I loves me some Wilburys. Oldies but oh so goodies.

Have a wonderful day folksies. Do like Josh did yesterday on his way home. The rain was finished but the puddle were mini ponds. Since his shoes were already wet, he decided now and then to jump in a good looking puddle just because he could. I imagine those driving by in their vehicles observing this behavior wondering . . . so do something unexpected that feels good!

Hugs, blessings, prayers and smiles to all.

Blondie

Monique
October 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning Blondie. I never tire of hearing about your Mom.

Work, work and more work today. That's about it. I have training tonight for the upcoming municipal elections here. YAH!! Do I sound excited?

Have a wonderful day everyone. Blondie, give your mom a hug for me please.

buckeyequilter
October 8th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Good morning.....

Not much happening here....except, like Monique, work-work-work.

I went to a LQS yesterday to see if they had batting by the yard, it's just a small shop, and yes they did. They even had Hobb's 80/20 which surprised me - they are kind of snooty and I figured they would only have some mega-expensive batting.

When I got home I began putting my great-niece's quilt together. Sprayed it and am now pinning it because I'm not putting it on the frame. I like the spray to hold it in place but feel like it's a little more secure, once I start quilting, if I have the pins in it.

Well need to get busy here - have a lot to do the rest of this week. Prayers and hugs to those that need/want them. Have a wonderful day!

Mpyles
October 8th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Good morning! I think the strep is still taking its toll on me, I was in bed by 8:15 last night. Which is unheard of for me!! Pretty much slept all night and still didn't want to roll out of bed this morning!!

Blondie, your son sounds like he is learning life's lessons and hearings it's music. Enjoy your visit with him this weekend.

Monique, enjoy the training!

I am headed up the highway north to the Lebanon store....but not before I put on a pot of chili in the crockie!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Mom23
October 8th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, your son sounds like a great guy. I'm glad you keep us posted on him, as well as your mom.

I finally unpacked my suitcase from M* yesterday, only because I had to pack again. I'm leaving for a few days to go bicycling with friends in Southern Illinois. From what I can tell, the weather is going to be perfect. When I get home I am going to spend the weekend behind the sewing machine. I have got to get busy sewing some of the fabric I purchased. I said several times, staying so close to Missouri Star is a blessing, and a curse!!

Blessings,
Robin

Renate
October 8th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Dear Blondie,

I read in a book called "meditationes for women, working very much". Dust only gets more in the first 3 years. Afterwards you have reached a degree of Saturation and nothing will add to it.

That means: don`t clean to often

Spend your time sewing and checking for News at the Forum.

I send you all many many regards from a house, preparating for Halloween ... unfortunately the cats are destoying all this wonderful spiderwebs ... I have to talk about this with this Little living cleaning swobs

Jean Sewing Machine
October 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone! Blondie, I love your Mom and Josh stories! Keep them coming.

I helped my friend finish up her costuming job that she needed to deliver last night. We built quite a few costumes in a day. Her daughter was on button detail. The show is Les Mis, with lots of soldiers. That means dozens of brass buttons! Her daughter was asking for Xanax after three straight hours of sewing on buttons! This afternoon, we are leaving for the Pacific Northwest for a visit to relatives and a quilt expo. She needed to get her costuming finished before we leave, hope she can enjoy her trip!

I'll fill you in on the quilt expo, hope it is a good one.

ilive2craft2
October 8th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Good Morning all! Blondie, it is so good to hear that your mom is doing better. I know how difficult it is. Mom is out of the hospital again and back at the nursing home for rehab - she was doing so well this weekend that the therapists thought she would only be there for 2 weeks! Then yesterday, she started her dizziness/passing out feeling again - hadn't had it all weekend. We were beginning to think the new meds were miracles. So, now we are back to limbo land. This roller coaster ride is exhausting and I am ready to get off of it.

But, I got a good night's sleep last night and woke up with some energy for a change. Hope to accomplish a bunch at work today and have enough left over to tackle more of the house. The contractors are done with the kitchen and bath (finally - a promised 5 week project that took 10). It is beautiful, but I still have to move everything back and clean........with all of the dust and cobwebs, we are ready for Halloween! :)

Hugs and prayers (or good thoughts) for everyone.

MayinJerset
October 8th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Hello back at you Tuesday and all the gals here. Blondie we always want to hear how your Mom is doing.

Finally feel rested after all the hullabaloo of niece's wedding on Sat. After having a good time I need a few days to recover.

DH has an early morning Dr. appointment so when he returns and has his breakfast I think we need to head over to the supermarket as the fridge is almost bare and so is the pantry. I made a quick chicken soup with tiny meatballs for last night's dinner and now the fridge freezer is bare as I took out the tiny meatballs, last loaf of bread and stick of butter. Don't know why I didn't keep things stocked, we weren't going away on a vacation, just an overnight after the wedding. Good thing DS#3 isn't a big eater because the soup I made was barely enough for the 3 of us. Haven't gotten the hang of cooking for 3, I either make too much or just barely enough. Tim's a snacker so he keeps his crackers and Coke by his side while he works all day.

I may not have to cook for 3 much longer as the Good News is that Saturday morning's building inspection on the house went well, no big problems so Tim is going ahead on the purchase of the house. As of Friday the closing will be about a week before Thanksgiving. Asked Tim is he was hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year but he declined.

Nice and sunny out today so I'm going to open some windows to let some fresh air in the house. I really hate it when it begins to get cold and we have the windows closed as the house seems to get dry and stuffy. It rained on and off yesterday so I'll let some moisture in too. Bye for now, May

Bubby
October 8th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Good Morning All,

This is going to be a mellow day for me. I plan to clean the sewing room a bit. Earlier I made laundry detergent and fabric softener...a double batch of both so it will last a good while. I have chicken breasts in the crockpot for the Girls. They eat chicken, broth and Blue dog food....are they spoiled or what!!! They are both so healthy and their coats are glossy, so why change their diet. I'm expecting the gas man to come with our winter propane today also.

Blondie, please give Mom a hug for me. I have my last (YAY!) long dental appointment tomorrow. I've been doing this since June and I'm beyond ready for it to be over with!!

Life is good...we are healthy and happy. The Girls seem to sense they belong to us now and they are really content. Even Miss Dottie has mellowed a lot...but she still has her days.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday with hugs all around.....Barb

Lisapc
October 8th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning everyone!

Blondie: Your son is a lucky man for having your positive attitude. Being a "glass half empty" person never helped anyone. I am glad your Mom is doing better and your family is important to you so keep sharing. It bridges the miles between us all.

More errands today because I didn't finish them yesterday. My potato soup didn't happen because it got hot outside with rain. So we had crispy wings and spaghetti squash. The soup and cheesy garlic bread will happen tonight.

I love Jenny's tutorials and will continue to love them and use them. I am part of a book group of 28 women here called the Elm Creek Travelers. They are entertaining and each has a quilt or two woven into the stories. Currently I am reading the Sugar Camp Quilt. Reading of these blocks and quilts has renewed my interest in my Farmer's wife quilt and in looking up these blocks. I may be asking for the pattern book that has been released by the same author for Christmas. Not sure yet. If you haven't checked out the group you should it is really fun so far. We have no start end dates because as long as there are members and new books coming out we will keep it going.

Have a wonderful day and prayers to all!

cyndiofthevortex
October 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone! I just love reading all of your posts and jump in with mine once in a while. It's hard to share boring with everyone and that's what I usually have to offer!

This week is the craziest week of the whole year. I have two different guild meetings, a library Friends meeting to run, quilts to drop off for the quilt show, helping with the judging of 60 quilts (I hold them up and fold them back up), set-up, take-down of the show, Silent Auction and lots more responsibilities for this year's annual quilt show. I will flop down on Sunday night and not get back up for a week, I'm sure!

I have three quilts in the show, two of them being judged. I regret that! I'm so nervous about it. What if the judges don't like them? I'll leave the room when my quilts come up for judging. I can deal with it on paper but not in person. I cry easily. No ribbons for sure but maybe a kind word or two about something I am doing right and some helpful encouragement about the things I need to improve.

HandsOffItsMine
October 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Huggers to Mom, yes Family always comes first in life! :) Same with my cyber sisters!! :P

Trying to keep my energy up with lots of Orange Juice (I see the pounds racking up on my (_|_) and thighs) and protein. I got asked to get involved with a Children's Project last Friday night which involves 4 states. Now anyone who knows me...kids are my ultimate soft spot. :) This actually has given my heart and spirit a nice jolt in the right direction during my BC treatments. Sandy has helped me out with one part aspect already. TY dear friend! I'll be asking for more volunteer help next week. hehe

Just a hint...I gave a link to one of Jenny's tutorials as some of the other suggestions were making things way to "Complicated". It will be the standard for the group, the committee was amazed how easy it was. Yes, our Jenny wins again as a Teacher! ;)

Anywhooooo, today I must finish my personal and corporate taxes to pass on my CPA. Totally forgot that the extension deadline is Oct. 15th!! :( This is the last year of my 13 years of Biz2Biz Design as a Corporation. Don't have anything to protect anymore and the $800 bottom taxation from California plus Hawaii is too much! Kind of a sad moment after all those years of hard work...

bec
October 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Good to hear from you, Blondie and you still have a little dance in you. :) Just doing a little housework today. Can't do much that requires bending. Had an MRI on Saturday, but the verdict isn't in yet. I'm hoping it's something that will eventually take care of itself.
Yesterday I attended the first of 6 classes (one each month) to make my queen size Vintage Moments quilt. I'll probably work on the lemoyne star blocks some today after I do some chores. I need to do 18 of them and cut over two hundred squares for half-square triangles that we will be working on in our next class.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sandy Navas
October 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hey, Peeps!!! Love checking in here and seeing what everyone else is doing.

Coming home from Hamilton with no sewing machine :-( I decided to RECLAIM some things and yesterday was a day in the kitchen. Of course, I didn't finish!!!!! But, I managed to get my laundry done and about half the kitchen back in a somewhat workable setup. URGH!!! Back there today.

And then the dining room and living room (I need to put down fresh finish on the floors - rustic wide-board yellow pine).

Hopefully by the time the house is 'back in order' my sewing machine will be back home. I need to get it smokin' to finish up some special projects I have lined up.

Last night was quilt guild and about 7 o'clock I noticed the clock and told Al I was sure glad I hadn't planned to go - because I forgot. Next time!!

Now, if my back holds up and I don't wind up whining in bed the rest of the day, I'll check in here later.

lilmouse
October 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Morning Everyone;
Steve is home and planning to work on some home improvement projects...I am planning on working on some quilts; have too many UFO's to finish up before I can start another quilt...and I want to make one for Steve for his truck....he wants a queen to king size quilt so he can double it up on cold nights and since he drives all over the US I want him toasty warm.
Blondie; I love hearing about your family so keep the stories coming...glad Mom is doing better...I lost mine when I was just 16 so I really love the stories...
Cyndi I wish you good luck with your quilt entries and I am sure you will get a ribbon..you do such pretty work.
Lisa, I so enjoy the book club and will try to get a couple of books sent to you today or tomorrow; with Steve home I never know how my day is going to go....he has delayed so many of my plans I try not to plan when he is home.
I am really enjoying the book club also...
Have to go and run some errands with Steve..I may check back in later if I have the time.
Hugs and prayers for all,
Susie

bubba
October 8th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone! Blondie, I love your Mom and Josh stories! Keep them coming.

This afternoon, we are leaving for the Pacific Northwest for a visit to relatives and a quilt expo. She needed to get her costuming finished before we leave, hope she can enjoy her trip!

I'll fill you in on the quilt expo, hope it is a good one.

Where would this be??? I don't know of one until next month in Puyallup...or is it the one in Portland? I'd love to go to that one!

toggpine
October 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Jean is going to the one in Portland. If I remember correctly, that is where her sister lives.

For some reason I thought the Sewing Expo in Puyallup was in the early spring. Hmm. I haven't been going the last few years as I have been trying to save a few $ & use up some of my stash , so I may be off.

Not much exciting going on here today either. I lost some sewing time yesterday when the neighbor stopped by for a visit. It was a nice, but I really wanted to sew! Next time, I think I'll drag a comfy chair into the sewing area and she can sit (bad back) while I sew!

Hopefully I can get some serious yards of thread through the machine and into this quilt sandwich today!

Oh the farm is going to be strange today. One old girl is out here battling with a fence post and rubbing on her pasture mate (breeding season has arrived) and the momma goat is hollering at her babies. Apparently, she just realized that they were moved to a new pen two days ago. I'd say it was time for weaning! After she gets milked this morning she'll forget she has kids again for another 12 hours.

Just another typical day. You all have a good one!
Cathy

Granny Judy
October 8th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Family & friends make the best reading, so don't stop letting us know how they are doing. I feel closer to you when you share even the boring parts of your life.

I slept in this morning.. yesterday I wasn't feeling to good. Just a temporary bug thing, but it interrupted my plans for that day.. So shifting it all into today. With DD off work with the Gov shut down, I don't get a lot accomplished. She drug out all the Halloween decorations, and bought a lot more lights this past week end. Yesterday her & her Hunk got the front steps/porch/stoup all "lit up" and spooks strung up in the tree.

I'll try to finish up my laundry and clean the kitchen.. then get back to the sewing machine and my entry for the Iron Quilter's challenge. It's starting to look somewhat like I imagined .. errmmm Designed . Meanwhile, Hugs and prayers coming your way... get ready to grab yours!!!

buckeyequilter
October 8th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I was just sitting here thinking "what is my favorite part of this forum" and I realized that I look for a "Good Morning" post to see how everyone is doing and what they've been up to. This is where the people that live in my computer become real to me. I do read the other posts but this has to be my favorite. The other thing I look at every morning is the DD :)

Mpyles
October 8th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I was just sitting here thinking "what is my favorite part of this forum" and I realized that I look for a "Good Morning" post to see how everyone is doing and what they've been up to. This is where the people that live in my computer become real to me. I do read the other posts but this has to be my favorite. The other thing I look at every morning is the DD :)

Me too Shirley!! I come back in the evening after work and read the ones that were posted after my visit!! Good to hear so many are doing well!! My favorite thread!