PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday and I am late

Blondie
March 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/gme-1.jpg

Hi there ladies
Just sitting here at the computer, sipping hot coffee when I look at the little clock on the computer. It is 7:12 and I have been awake about 2 minutes. I have a client in 45 minutes. I live 10 minutes from work. I will leave you on this note. I love my husband. I truly do. He thinks I am a natural born beauty who only needs to wash my face, brush my teeth and get dresses to be ready for work. I love my husband. I wish I could really sees what he does when he looks at me at this time of morning. I mean, get real! The dog looks better than I do, but then again, she is only 2 years old and dogs don't wear make up.
byes

Monique
March 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Good morning Blondie. You kill me, you are so funny. Last day of boot camp today.

There are so many quilts I want to make or that I have made in my head. Just don't know where to start. Not much going on today. It's sunny at least.

Well, that's it!!

Monique

ginampls
March 26th, 2011, 10:03 AM
ah coffee... i feel good today... i am attending a hand lotion party tonight i don't know the name of the company but my neighbor invited me... and so it should be good to have a social event with just girls.

oh blondie i got the rubbery disk for hand quilting i have not attempted this one yet... but in the sewing box it went... perhaps some day i will take a class... thank you... very sweet of you...

Shirley
March 26th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I know what you mean. I hate to leave the house without a little makeup at least. My DH doesn't think I need any. He says he can't tell when I have any on. Really???? Maybe I am doing something wrong. ha!
Have a great day Ladies!!!

lhayes1976
March 26th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Too funny! Every morning I wake up, I look like "Rocky". It takes 45 minutes for the puffy to subside. I know the feeling.

Sandy Navas
March 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
There are so many quilts I want to make or that I have made in my head. Just don't know where to start.

Monique

Al and I were out to dinner last night and I reminded him that we are signed up to participate in an Arts & Crafts show/sale near the end of May - this will be our very first one ever. Al is a master woodworker but hasn't been producing much lately . . . and he does these gorgeous boxes . . . so he points to his noggin and says he has lots and lots of ideas milling around up there. I had to share that I have lots and lots of ideas for quilts milling around in my old noggin, too. Now if WE ALL could get them out the end of our fingertips and on display for the general public to AWWWW over, right??

janluna
March 26th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Good morning everyone! Blondie you are a beauty. I saw your picture. LL knows what he is talking about. Joe too thinks I need no makeup. The poor man suffers from poor eyesight and a large heart. He makes me feel so special but my mirrors don't lie. When I do wear it, people tell me I clean up nicely. Most times when I do use the stuff, I use it lightly. I never have been much for the girly thing. I do get my hair trimmed once every 6 weeks and have my nails done every 3 weeks. That's about it for my vanity. I was always moving too fast for makeup. The tones would go down and I'd be up and dressed and driving to the call in 2 minutes. Sometime I worried for my patients. Especially at 3 AM with my hair all over my head and sleep lines in my face. It's a wonder I didn't give them a heart attack, seeing this wild women coming at them with a jump kit in one hand and a bottle of O2 in the other. LOL Sometimes I would just get in the shower in the AM and the tones would go down and then they would get a wild women with wet hair plastered to her head. LOL I just figure God made me this way, so what you see is what you get. Love it!
Love to you all and have a great day. Hugs, Jan L

EsGrandma
March 26th, 2011, 12:21 PM
You ladies are too funny!! Thanks for brightening my day!

mamaquilt
March 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I know what you mean. I hate to leave the house without a little makeup at least. My DH doesn't think I need any. He says he can't tell when I have any on. Really???? Maybe I am doing something wrong. ha!
Have a great day Ladies!!!

There are two other options; you do such a good job on putting make up, so everybody thinks you are a natural beauty or..... your husbands needs new glasses

middlesis1966
March 26th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi girls!!! When I started to loose my hair i was a bit sad, but I got over it. Then I really started loving the fact that was one less thing in the morning that I had to do. In and outa the shower dressed ready to go in less then 30 min. Love it. But its only a temp thiing so I will have to readjust, but for now hey it works for me.
I put a roast in the slow cooker so Im off to the sewing room. Since I have supper going now hubs will be happy when he gets home, so Im free to sew my day away.
Have a great day all!

toggpine
March 26th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Hi Everybody!
I think the last time I wore make up was about 8 years ago. On our first wedding anniversary. I can manage chapstick/lip gloss and a brush through my hair, and maybe some lotion if my skin is really dry. Other than that, forget it!
I got this installment of painting done yesterday, so I am home today! Whoo hoo! I think the bathroom is on the schedule for next week. I need to go check on things in the barn, rotate the laundry, and then I can get to some sewing. I had one of the last Christmas Swap quilts come in yesterday, so I'll try to get that one done and on it's way home. Then I'll try the mock up of the Wild Thing block.
Congrats Rebecca! I saw that you won the weekly give away. Shopping splurge for you!
My husband is making dinner today. He is smoking a beef brisket and some baby back ribs and has a double batch of beans in there too. We'll have plenty for supper tonight and a goodly portion for the freezer too! Yum today and super simple yum in a few weeks! All I have to do is make some cornbread. Doesn't get much easier for me than that!
Take care!
Cathy

Loonwatcher
March 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM
The tones would go down and I'd be up and dressed and driving to the call in 2 minutes. Sometime I worried for my patients. Especially at 3 AM with my hair all over my head and sleep lines in my face. It's a wonder I didn't give them a heart attack, seeing this wild women coming at them with a jump kit in one hand and a bottle of O2 in the other.

Jan, I remember those early morning ambulance calls. Jump our of bed and pull your jumpsuit on over jammies, fingers through hair, gobble some mints and out you go. Oh, but first thing before the radio even shuts up is PEE! I have volunteered on our local service for over 15 yrs. now. Started as dispatcher; added driver, rescue (cutting open cars, etc.), ropes team and first responder. Now I've cut way back leaving the driving and rescue to the younger folks and my 1st responded lapsed a couple years ago when I was going through a couple surgeries. So now I'm just dispatching. It's so rewarding to be able to help folks. they appreciate it so much and don't care how you look - they've got other things on their minds.

janluna
March 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hi Nancy, Yes those were the days. I loved every minute of it. I was an EMT, First Responder and I taught first responders for the state of NY and was a practical work instructor for EMTs for the state.
I also became a fire fighter. I was captain of the emergency squad with the fire dept. and a second LT for the ambulance company that serviced our township. I become part of a ground unit for air rescue, to guide them in and set up a landing zone for them, a fire policemen, a pump operator on the pumper truck, EVOC training, for safety driving, I drove both fire trucks and ambulances and trained people for that too. I was honored to do all this and enjoyed it for a long time. Then I got hurt on duty and had to leave. I became a board member for the fire dept. and eventually had to stop that too. I never had time to wear makeup! LOL

Sandy Navas
March 26th, 2011, 04:59 PM
INSTALLING SPRING...
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
33% DONE..... Install delayed....please wait....
...Installation failed. Please try again

patticakes
March 26th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Just on my train ride home & love passing the time catching up with everyone's day & beauty habits! Ms. Blondie you is a stunner!! LL knows he is a lucky man.
Jan & Nancy you are heroes in my eyes & to all the people you helped during your careers!
Sandy, bless your heart you make me smile!
Got lots done with the store today. Nervous about the final shipping but feeling happier as it goes along. I'm taking tomorrow off but not sure if I will be able to concentrate on sewing. Might just take some me time!
Better get off here train is almost home.
See ya in the fall if I see ya at all! :-)

inspired
March 26th, 2011, 07:43 PM
INSTALLING SPRING...

Sandy; You made me laugh today. I would almost think you are from Canada!!!! Val

quiltingtrish
March 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Wow - all you first responders, fire people, ambulance people - I'm am WOWED! And thank you too cause someday I might need people like you. Whenever I hear a siren go off, I pray for those that need the help and then pray for the help that's coming.
Didn't get much done today sewing wise - but did clean Katie's room up a bit and moved some things around. I figure that I may as well use some of the space. I moved 2 nightstands and a tv stand to a corner so I can move a tall plastic storage unit with sewing in it and a wire cubical sewing unit in there to get it out of my dining room. Easy peasy enough to move it all back when she comes home. Must not miss me cause she never texts unless she needs something from here. Oh well - I have to accept it and as long as I don't hear anything negative, I am praying she is doing well. Did feel guilty about using her room, but there is no sense in letting it sit idle and not being used. It's not like I put her bed up and turning it into a complete sewing room. I do have the anticipation that she will be home again someday soon. And if not, I will at least always have a bed for her.
Off to see what else I can get out of my bedroom and dining room. There is the ironing board and a bookcase too. I'll be able to get out the back deck door without struggling with my laundry basket to hang the clothes this summer. Maybe some sewing tonight on more of the 10 minute blocks.
I don't wear makeup either. Sometimes I would put some on, but it was so light I couldn't tell so what's the point?
Hugs,

Loonwatcher
March 26th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Good evenign ladies. I got no sewing done today. We went shopping for the rest of the stuff we need to do a bathroom reno at our camp. Tomorrow will be sewing day - gotta get those Just One Star blocks done.

Blondie
March 26th, 2011, 08:38 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/Margie077/Good%20Evening/Goodevening-1.jpg

Hi ladies

Whew what a long day. I am ready to hit the hay.
Work was okay; one cancellation which was hunky dorey with me since she was the last one. I got my good co worker to trim my hair. And wash it since it didn't get washed this morning before work. Lawdy, you ladies that think I am a beauty. Bless your hearts. I am NOT a natural beauty and I can assure you, every old barn needs a fresh coat of paint - which it didn't get this morning. Right scarey for those old gals this morning. Just like my children whenever they see me without make up - "Are you feeling okay today? " Honestly, my kids never saw me without makeup until I hit my 50's. It was better to traumatize them then than to have stunted their growth when they were younger. My granny always said "Lipstick and paint make you what you ain't!" True words. Very true words.

Went down the hill to Mom's with Luscious and we got some wood up. Those silly forecasters keep telling us we are to expect sleet at the least and snow very possibly. If I could find them I would give them a bar of octagon soap to chew on. Then we came back up the hill and clean up the yard a bit from the storm the other night. Good pile of kindling.

Then went to the grocery store, the Wal-let store and then came home, played with Gracie, took her for a long walk at the park with sis.
Made chickie and dumplings for dinner. It was okay but tasted like it was missing something. don't know what but you know how that goes. It was edible.

Also made up some delicious choc chip cookies. I am ready to devour a few now with a fresh cup of coffee. Then bed. I am pooped.

I will chime in with our Trish and say THANK YOU to all the first responders, past, present and future. I tried that one time. Got my EMT certification in the county and then after a few call outs, I did something to my back. Not as badly as you Jan (which BTW, the evening greeting with the pretty birdie made me think of YOU) ~ but enough where I know I pulled it badly. I don't mind the blood etc. In training I was really good. Just never know who you will be paired with at any given shift. I remember when my back was pulled I was partnered with a rather rotund man with small hands. His name was Rollo. I will never forget because I thought he was trying to live up to his name. Anyway, Rollo couldn't roll right and my back paid for it for several weeks.

Paula, my cousin said the same as you about the hair. Hers grew back very nicely textured too. Most ladies enjoy their new do's.

Nancy, I'm with you. Tomorrow will have to be my sewing day. I have several new blocks for the various swaps I am in and want to get a head start.

toggpine
March 27th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Got NO sewing done today.
I did get all of the laundry done (8 or 9 loads) and am now caught back up after no machine for a week and the wet bed incident. All of the water buckets, stock tanks, and chicken water fountains are clean and refilled. The primroses and violas I picked up on sale a few days ago are now cheerfully peeking in the front windows from their new homes. All 3 hummingbird feeders are clean & filled with sugar water. A few more buckets of weeds met their doom. All of the farm animals have been seen to, and the cat got her dewormer. Yum. I guess it was better that I got all of that done while the weather wasn't too bad. Sunday while it is raining I can sew until we go to Mom's for birthday dinner.
My wonderful husband fired up the smoker today and made a beef brisket, baby back ribs and a double batch of smoked baked beans. The majority of that went in to the freezer for meals for the next month. I can honestly say that I did not over eat. It was tempting, especially after smelling it cook all day. Now that I have officially hit middle age I need to really try to be more fit instead of pfft. It has kinda snuck up on me one forkful at a time. Doing more cooking from scratch has helped with the calorie and nutrition content of our food, even if it sucks time from the sewing schedule. I can't wait to start putting in the garden (more weeding) for fresh veggies. Maybe this year Emily won't eat all of the berries right off of the bushes! Riiight!
I'm turning in for the night. See y'all on the flip side!
Cathy

rebeccas-sewing
March 27th, 2011, 07:03 AM
INSTALLING SPRING...

Joe and I got a kick out this! I love your sense of humor!
Rebecca

rebeccas-sewing
March 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I, too, am impressed with your volunteer work, ladies. I'm so happy there are folks out there who are so willing to help others. I really enjoy reading about the daily chores for those of you living on farms and living the country life. I miss living in the country. Maybe some day when Joe retires we'll move to a calmer way of life. The meals you prepare sound delicious! When you talk about what you're fixing I can almost smell it. I've gotten very spoiled by my morning routine. A couple cups of coffee and the stories of your lives is a very relaxing way to start my day. Enjoying this thread. Thanks!

I, too, have never been one to wear much make-up. I think it stems from my hippy days. Also, comfort has always been a priority for me. Yes, the makeup definitely enhances one's looks and so do contact lenses. I still do these things once in a while, but for the most part I go au naturale. (The only thing I won't give up is the bottle of L-Oreal.) Besides, I'm sure it's a lot nicer kissin' on somebody if they don't have a lot of gook on their face! LOL We have company coming in a few weeks. I'll be fixin' myself up then, for sure. Especially since the female guest is younger than me and has spent many years emulating "Barbie." By comparison, I'll look like something the dog dragged home. Wouldn't want that, right?!? LOL

Just a heads up for those of you who are as clueless as I. I sent out my Janome for service along with the transformer and line conditioner. (For those of you who don't know, I'm overseas.) I really didn't think I needed the transformer for my manual machine. When I started sewing it was going like a "bat outta hell." Oops! Never plug your machine into a 220 outlet. That little "Janome Jem Gold" was cruisin' along 90 miles an hour thinkin' it was a serger! Fortunately, I was having a difficult time controlling the fabric since it was moving so fast. After a try or two I stopped sewing. Good thing! Joe says I'm lucky I didn't burn out the motor! LOL

Today, I'm going to cut out my fabric for the "Wild About Quilt Blocks" swap! Looking forward to visiting with you, again, tomorrow morning. Enjoy the day!