PDA

View Full Version : Finally made it out today.....

bubba
October 8th, 2013, 12:59 AM
I am so stinking sick of feeling sick. It started because my bp got out of whack. Was in urgent care 2x in four days. After IV's and meds and prescriptions, it seemed things were getting better......then I had a reaction to one of the prescriptions. Actually two reactions ,both to the same drug. One of the problems is a chronic cough...not coughing anything up, just coughing, usually in pairs, 24 hours a day, awake, asleep, trying to be asleep......the other is nauseousness....it is like morning sickness. When I eat, when I don't eat, when I sleep....it just goes on. They took me off that a week ago, and I thought it would stop, but it still continues.....grrrr! Have not sewn in probably three weeks and have not even made it to my quilting classes, let alone the quilt shop!

Today after visiting my friendly firemen at the fire station to get my bp checked (3x a week), I went to pick up my BOM for the meeting I missed last week. Now normally when I go there may be one other person who stops by, but today it was like a revolving door!!! Two men came in looking to buy a quilt......I told them they needed to buy the fabric and make their own and the looks on their faces was priceless to say the least! One of the ladies I have taken classes from stopped by and I chatted with her for a bit and then a woman, her teenaged daughter and husband came in. They heard me talking about a shop called Trains and how their 40% sale is coming up in a month. They had been by there earlier, but they are closed Sundays/Mondays, so were unable to shop. I was talking to another woman, Sandra, who is just going to start quilting and that was a lot of fun! I mentioned this site to her and told her this was where I buy all my jelly rolls (she had just paid $44 for one I had paid $19.95 for :) ) and the man heard me......he says loudly 'MY WIFE KNOWS JENNY! WE LIVE NEAR THERE!' And then his wife pipes in with how Jenny will be at their guild meeting this month. Near there, was really three hours away......some people may think that is close, and if it were me, I probably would too!

I need to get better soon cuz it seems I signed up for another class with my 'new' friend today!!!!

Lisapc
October 8th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I hope you feel better soon. Drugs are scary things sometimes. Sounds like fun at the quilt shop but what I am thinking most is that I hope your friendly fireman is really easy on the eyes.

ksap
October 8th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Sorry you have not been feeling well lately. I pray that things turn around soon. Glad you got to enjoy visiting with lots of nice people today.

FEEL BETTER!!:icon_tup:

Hulamoon
October 8th, 2013, 02:02 AM
lol at make your own.

I hope you feel better soon:)

toggpine
October 8th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Let me know if you need anything!

bubba
October 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks Cathy! Roger has been taking good care of me. He sat with me for both visits (six hours each!) and has been doing all the cooking and everything else for the past three weeks!! What I want this morning is a new stomach........

Sandy Navas
October 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I would venture to guess that you are on the very same medication my DH is taking - he's suffering with the same conditions, the cough and nausea. I tried to tell him he was too old to be pregnant . . .

Sincerely hope you are leveled back out to normal real soon!! You have had enough ups and downs to last you a lifetime.

Suzyq
October 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Sending you comfort hugs and get well wishes!!

bubba
October 8th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I would venture to guess that you are on the very same medication my DH is taking - he's suffering with the same conditions, the cough and nausea. I tried to tell him he was too old to be pregnant . . .

Sincerely hope you are leveled back out to normal real soon!! You have had enough ups and downs to last you a lifetime.

It is Lisinopril (sp) that caused it. Two of the very infrequent side effects. Today marks one week since I quit taking it, and I don't think I have coughed all day for once (so far!). The other is exactly like morning sickness!!! I told my husband if he did that too me, I would kill myself! He is 57 (with a vasectomy for more years than I can remember) and I am 56.....he said he would kill himself. I could not even imagine having a baby at this age! I just want some relief from it.

easyquilts
October 8th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I hope you will be feeling much better soon!

I have found that most BO meds make me cough... Very annoying . I don't cough when sleeping, but when awake. It is sometimes hard to talk n the phone....

Take care,,,, don't push yourself too hard too soon...