PDA

View Full Version : 1001 Arabian Night Owls Scrap Giveaway Contest!

cyndiofthevortex
October 8th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Hello fellow Night Owls, and also to you lucky ones who sleep during the night!

I have way too many scraps that I will never use. They have been sitting under my desk for years and need a better home than I am giving them. Some might be a tiny bit dusty and I do have cats, so if you're allergic you might not want these, but if you do want them here's what you have to do:

Pick a number from one to one hundred. DH has picked a winning number. Whoever comes closest without going over wins the goodies. Everyone pick different numbers, please! I'll pick the winner tomorrow night.

Tell us two things about yourself. One should be interesting and one mundane or even boring. But don't tell us which is which! If you really cannot think of anything interesting, tell us two mundane things about yourself.

Here are my two things:

#1 DH and I play Scrabble every day during the lunch hour over the computer. We usually have about 10 games going at once. I win 3/5 of them but he is a good loser.

#2 I have never broken a bone.

Your turn, and don't forget to pick a number!

bubba
October 8th, 2013, 01:01 AM

When first married, I travelled halfway across the world at 18 years old to live with my new husband in Okinawa.

I have worked at my job for over 30 years and I finally get to leave there by April....my husband said so!

Lisapc
October 8th, 2013, 01:08 AM

1. I am the only child out of 9 that was planned, I am number 8.

2. I only wear my wedding rings when I leave the house.

Terri
October 8th, 2013, 02:03 AM
My number is 4.

1. Our sons were born within less than 5 yrs...from birth of #1 to birth of #4....12/8/81, 12/8/82, 12/12/83 & 8/24/86.

2. I have turned into a homebody and don't like to venture far from home.

Kgrammiecaz
October 8th, 2013, 02:09 AM
My number is 7
I am happily single
I have fantastic best friends but we all live in different states

dwil23
October 8th, 2013, 02:10 AM

I work for the post office.

I LOVE scraps.

Granny Judy
October 8th, 2013, 02:17 AM
I take it the number should be between one and 100?? So I pick 26..

I joined the navy right out of High school and was trained as a naval aviator.. control towers were my night time home for 3 years.

I try to sew on a project for at least an hour each day.. sometimes it is only a seam, but I do sit down and get my fabric fix each day.

(Now if I win, I'll be making a Scrappy Quilt.. one of my own design that has been trying to escape from my brain. I found my light weight fusible webbing!!! )

Hulamoon
October 8th, 2013, 02:31 AM

Only two things?

I'm an only child and now an orphan. Can someone adopt me?

I never broke a bone either. I need to get out more I guess.

toggpine
October 8th, 2013, 02:53 AM
No number, as I don't need any more scraps. I can't deal with my own.

I like to vacuum, although looking at my carpet right now, you wouldn't believe it.

I love to dance. Swing is my favorite, but I can cut a rug with the best of them.

KathyCrofoot
October 8th, 2013, 03:05 AM
I'll play - my number is 47.

1) I met my husband at a square dance
2) I learned to square dance as punishment for running away at 17.

Kathy

Hulamoon
October 8th, 2013, 03:13 AM
lol Kathy that made me crack up. When I was in grade school we had to take dancing. Okay, what a weird thing to teach at school.

I forgot to say it was square dance in the gym. I think I was ten. Well at least they had arts back then.

Meli
October 8th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I pick #35.

1) I met DH on eharmony.com
2) As of this past Saturday, I've been married a total of 25 year 8 months, but I've never celebrated a 10th anniversary.

Judy, USMC
October 8th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Let's go with 82 ... and if I get it right send it to the other Judy - Grandma Judy! She sews a lot more often than I do ...

1. I grew up as an only child.
2. I've helped approximately 70 18 and 19 year old boys grow into men.

Madeforyouinma11
October 8th, 2013, 03:57 AM
I will pick the number.......31.
1) I am deathly afraid of mice
2) I love to be home more than anywhere else...unless its a fabric shop! Lol

Renate
October 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM
I like the number 64, my year of birth.

1. I start my morning with a good Cup of Caffee latte

2. the only keepsake of my Grand-grandmother is a ruby rosary with silver filigry pearls. I gave it to a Goldsmith and he made me a beautiful necklace out of it. Now I have a Memory of my Grand-granny always with me.

Thanks Cyndi, that you have always so great ideas for Setting up Little games of chance

Lynda62
October 8th, 2013, 05:22 AM
13 (which is how old my son is)

1) I love quilting & fabric also am a beginner (about a year)
2) I have 4 quilting projects I need to finish before christmas!

grammakim04
October 8th, 2013, 06:02 AM
I'll pick 55 (since my favorite is 5)

1.My husband and I knew one another for over a year before we became engaged...my parents lived in another province and I phoned to tell them I was getting married (they had never met him) I told them all about Chuck. Then my mom asked how old was he...my mind went completely blank...I honestly did not know...all the time we had been together, it was something that never came up. So....we went out for dinner two days later and the big question came up...and I asked him...turned out he was 17 yrs older than me. My first response was "My mother is going to kill me!". He thought I was much older and I thought he was much younger., but by this time we were madly in love and what can I say.... 4 kids....4 grandkids and 30 years later, we are still madly in love.

2. I'm scared of heights but love to fly.

Kim

shermur
October 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
My number? Oh let's go with my new age today...49

Two things about me:
1) I love to sing
2) I appreciate the unconditional love of dogs!

MayinJerset
October 8th, 2013, 07:30 AM
My number is 66

I met my DH in the local ice cream parlor where the high school kids hung out at night. Waitress, sister of the owner, really liked DH and she introduced us at his request. That was in 1953 and the rest is history.

I still know how to Mambo.

Cyndi, Thanks for torturing a sleepy Night Owl by making me think of something to write about myself. I'm sure I could have come up with better responses if I was more awake.

MRoy
October 8th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I pick 54.

#1. I'm a descendant of Anne Boleyn and Pocahontas...I guess that makes me an English Indian who loses her head easily.

#2. I'm a person who hates to be late with a DH who can barely get anywhere on time.

Monique
October 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
53 is my choice.

I sing like the chicken caught in a fan.

I live in an igloo and that is why I am always cold.

kelliedi
October 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I just want to play the game but don't want the scraps so here goes....

I get motion sickness very easy...no roller coaster video games for me.

i drive a brown fiat 500 whose name is ....Ms. Brown (like the m&m) so original i know....

Bailey65
October 8th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I'll play the game

1) My husband and I were High School Sweethearts (still together 32 years later)

2) I never met my biological father

KathyCrofoot
October 8th, 2013, 10:16 AM
lol Kathy that made me crack up. When I was in grade school we had to take dancing. Okay, what a weird thing to teach at school.

I forgot to say it was square dance in the gym. I think I was ten. Well at least they had arts back then.

We still square dance to this day. It's a great form of exercise, fellowship, and it is lots of fun. Square Dancing in elementary school is much different. We do this because we love it, not because we're going to be graded on it (thank goodness or we'd fail more often than we pass, but it is still fun) We drive 2 hrs each way to square dance these days because there are no clubs that we know of that fit our schedule nearer to us.

Sandy Navas
October 8th, 2013, 10:51 AM
My number is 44.

My husband proposed the very first time we went out. We are coming on 46 years and I have NEVER seen him angry at me.
I do not deal well with liars.

bdmsmith
October 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I'm not going to pick a number because I also have a growing tote of scraps that I need to start using up.

1) I also have never broken a bone---but I've also never had the chicken pox. My DH insists I must've had it mildly at some point but my mom and dad both say no and knowing my mom I'm sure she would've known. My sister had them when she was around 10 and I was 15. Plus, my 2 older sons had them at the same time when they were 8mos and 3 yrs. My youngest son had the shot so he's never had them either but that's expected. I'm thinking I'd better mention that to the Dr so I can get a shot now too.

2) I'm insanely protective of my 3 boys (16, 19 or 20 tomorrow, and 23). I would much rather them be at home fishing our pond or down the road at the other property hunting then hanging out in town. Our house almost always has more people in it due to their friends/girlfriend hanging out which is the way I prefer it since it's better than them hanging in town or running around-- even though we go through soda and snacks like crazy. They know better than to lie to me and with that said I would defend them to the end of the earth and have had many run-ins with school officials over the years regarding things happening at the school that I don't agree with.....when it's all said and done I am always on their side & they know it & even my husband knows that he is ranked #4 after our 3 boys and he is fine with it......he calls me Mama Bear since it's not wise to mess with my cubs. Growing up they were taught to stick together and watch out for each other and I'm here to watch over them.

jingleme
October 8th, 2013, 01:26 PM
My number? Oh let's go with my new age today...49

Two things about me:
1) I love to sing
2) I appreciate the unconditional love of dogs!

:icon_woot:

mandymae
October 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I want to play :) I pick #75
and let's see two things...
1) I'm afraid of ladybugs (No I am not joking)
2) I absolutely love turquoise jewelry... (I even picked out a turquoise wedding ring if I ever get married lol)

dwil23
October 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
My number is 44.

My husband proposed the very first time we went out. We are coming on 46 years and I have NEVER seen him angry at me.
I do not deal well with liars.

Wow, Sandy! What a lucky girl you are.
(or one of those people you cant' deal with!):icon_razz:

bkthomas
October 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM

1. Never been stung by a bee
2. There were 7 Kathy's in my 7th grade Home Ec class

( my number 77 and the facts are truly a coincidence)

shermur
October 8th, 2013, 04:34 PM
thanks for the bday wishes, jingleme!

pcbatiks
October 8th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I'll play for fun........but have plenty of scraps also.

Two things about me.......

We moved into our 1st & permanent home the day after our 1st anniversary!

The taste of bananas makes me gag! :D Don't know if that is mundane or interesting........

sewbizzy
October 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I pick number 17

1. I was 13 when my husband was a life guard at a local swimming pool...he told his buddy "see that girl over there, I am going to marry her"...that was 1959...I was getting ready for 9th grade and he left for college (he thought I was 16)...I graduated in June 1963 and we married in July...it's been 50 years and I am still very much in love with him)

2. I am definitely a homebody...I love to sew, read, watch tv and be with my family---4 kids and 10 grandchildren