PDA

View Full Version : Monday - a new week

Blondie
October 7th, 2013, 06:29 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!

I don't care if it is gonna rain today, nothings gonna rain on my parade. I don't care that it is Monday and it's raining. Nothings gonna stop me from smiling. It doesn't matter that I am stiff and sore from raking leaves only to have the rain and wind beat some more down overnite. Nothing will make me feel any less happy. Why? I am sitting here with a fresh hot cuppa real coffee, Gracie's in my lap, y'all are sitting across from me, and hubs just gave me a smooch while he refilled the cup. Life is a great big yum yum yum.

Most kids growing up dream of excitement and adventures. Like Indiana Jones stuff. One of my personal favorites was to discover hidden treasure somewhere. As I have grown older I occasionally get a glimpse of that treasure. I have had the map all along with a big X marking the spot. That map is my life and the treasure has been there all along.. It's my family . . . It is each of you . . . What hidden wealth of knowledge and learning ! . . What jewels are mine! Talk about never being bored! Who could be bored when I am a world traveller through photos? I am by far muchly blessed to get to visit exotic places and keep the best company ever. Just like Indy, I have friends in all the four corners of the world! I am certain that if I tried to explain this to a much younger person they would look at me as if I were daft. How boring that would seem to some. Wellsir, I do boring very well. After reading about all the fun y'all had at the MSQC Retreat, the roller coaster ride I was dragged onto with Mom, and a good night's sleep, I say, let the boring commence.

Have a delightful day folksies! If it's stormy where you are, here's some rubbers and umbrella. If it's hot and dry, here's some leftover and chilled lemonade. If it's cold and chilly, I always have some hot coffee or warm cocoa.

It's Monday! Smile!!

dwil23
October 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Good Morning, Blondie!

Rainy here today, too. Good sleeping weather, but that won't be anytime soon. I'm a little anxious/nervous this morning. I found and ad online over the weekend for a house that seems to be perfect - maybe too good to be true. Got to make myself stay up and check it out, even though the body is screaming for sleep. Please say a prayer that if this is the one for me - it will be! I have been down so many dead end streets, (with brick wall at the end that I have slammed head first into), on this search that it makes my head swim. I know there must be just the right place, somewhere.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Blondie
October 7th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Donna, I've always heard that if it is meant to be, it will be. Good luck!

Granny Judy
October 7th, 2013, 06:51 AM
It is sooo good to have you back here this early morning, Blondie. Girl, I just knew that ol roller coaster couldn't keep you away forever. I, too, enjoy the Boring parts in life. Makes me happy to let go the reins and just let life wander along at it's snail pace.
I do miss my Mom, but I know I did all that I could for her when she was here.

It has cooled down here in Central Illinois quite a lot. I'm dragging out the Winter clothes and hunting up the long johns. And thinking I have another child who lives in Florida... perhaps this is a year to go visit from Nov to March?? Oh, my, I'm sprouting wings and becoming a "snow bird".

I just have one problem - packing up all my quilting stuff. Wait, she quilts and I could raid her stash!! Pay back time. LOL. OK, I now have a plan forming in my head... This is what cold weather does to me.... I want to follow the Sun!!

MRoy
October 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good morning! I've got my sweats and socks on...not for exercise but for staying warm. It's going to be chilly here this week so I'm getting ready for it. I'm all for boring today...there's a load of laundry to do but nothing else planned.

Monique
October 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning friends. Nice to see you all this morning. I spent Saturday evening at my brother's place. A lovely supper and great company. His other half and I went to his daughter's bridal shower. Would you believe that his ex (Mother of the bride) had to sit between me and his new love? Talk about awkward, not for me but for her. KARMA coming back to bite her on the A*SS!! Not very nice of me, huh! TOO BAD!! I sound so nasty, but really I am not.

Not much quilting done this weekend. I work all week and on Friday we are going to Greg's for Thanksgiving weekend.

Raining here too today, but warm. Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
October 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

We worked in Cuba Saturday and on the way home we stopped at a quilt show in Rolla. They always have a good show and a good turnout. The vendors had some neat stuff. I bought a coffee mug lined with a cute apron with loads of pockets to holding small tools and gadgets.

It's chilly this morning and my winter robe is feeling pretty good. We are not using our heat yet. The Girls were up bright and cheerful this morning. They are waiting for their breakfast...then off for a long nap. In case you missed my post, my DD gave us the Girls to keep. We pretty much felt this was going to happen. So we now have a Sweet Olive and a Miss Dottie Oaker. When we lost Miss Molly in April I asked the Lord to find me another Scottie if it was meant to be, and He sure answered that prayer in a big way.

I'm working on a Halloween tote bag for storing our Halloween quilt when not in use. During Halloween season I can use the bag as part of our Halloween decorations. I think I'm going to start making tote bags for storing quilts as I make them. That way I can also keep a few pieces of leftover quilt fabric in case a repair is ever needed. The bags would be an extra bonus for whoever eventually winds up with my quilts some day. I hope my quilts stay in our family, but you really never know for sure.

I'm with Myrna, not much more than laundry and changing the bed will get done today. The weekend wore me out.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday....!

buckeyequilter
October 7th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning....

It's rainy here too and has been all week-end. Nice sleeping, reading, quilting weather. I have wanted to do an X's & O's quilt for a while now so yesterday I watched the video again and decided to hunt up what I needed. I had a layer cake and no clue what to do with it and 3 white charm packs. So I set to work and made a lap quilt from the layer cake. It is larger squares than the one Jenny shows. I got the top finished yesterday and I just need to add borders and quilt it. I think I will give it to my mother-in-law.

Thinking about Blondie and her "boring". When I was a stay at home mom, people just couldn't believe that I never got bored...well there is always something to do. Even now, if I were at home, I would be quilting, sewing, cleaning, cooking, reading and numerous other things so there would be no time for boredom. May sound boring to some..but it's my kind of boring :)

Jim and I have been married 13 years today so guess I'll head over to Amazon and send him a gift card :) We don't make a big celebration of our anniversary, maybe go out to eat and I do like to send him a little gift. In fact, I had forgotten about it until he told me happy anniversary this morning.

Prayers and well wishes for those that need / want them. Hugs to all and have a wonderful day!

MayinJerset
October 7th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Blondie, I'm trying to smile but it is difficult because I can hardly keep my eyes open. Think another cup of coffee will do it. Dishwasher serviceman expected between 7-8 so I need to be alert. Tired because I kept waking up since 5am thinking is it time yet? This nutty little song kept going through my head didn't help a bit, "Morning is dawning, While Peer Gynt is yawning, and Grieg is composing this song..." - it is a little ditty we learned in high school music appreciation.

Niece's wedding was spectacular. Bride was beautiful, ceremony at her parish church, Basilica Regina Pacis, was lovely, my sister Patti and one of the attendants gave readings in the ornate ivory pulpit. A swarm of bubbles greeted the newlyweds and their attendants as they came down the church steps. After hanging around a bit talking with family members DH and I headed to our hotel to relax before the reception that began at 7:30. Didn't arrive at the reception until 8:30 as DH didn't print out all the directions to the reception venue and we were lost for about an hour. (Enough said about this for now but I didn't need a drink when we were seated) In one way I was glad we missed the huge cocktail hour as the delicious food kept coming all night long ending with wedding cake and a huge table with about 25 different desserts.

Next morning my sister Carol, bride's mom, arranged for a special breakfast for the wedding guests that stayed at the Hilton. The chef made me a omelet that I had with breakfast sausage and a mini croissant, lots of good coffee ending breakfast with a mini muffin and fresh pineapple. Took a fresh buttered bagel with me for the trip home.

Needless to say at home on Sunday I slept, ate some toast and slept again - no chef waiting to cook my breakfast and no choice of 8 entrees for my dinner. Really would like some of those dessert goodies but I think I've had enough to last me for a good while. In lieu of a traditional wedding favor the couple made a donation to Autism Speaks. Autism Speaks funds research, increases awareness of autism spectrum disorders and supports the needs of individuals with autism and their families. Bride is a speech pathologist in NYC education system and she works with many students with autism. Best Wishes to Melissa and Ray and Much Happiness in your life together.

Feeling a little bit more awake, it is amazing what a cup of coffee will do for you.

PS: I began this post before 7am but had to stop when serviceman arrived. He is ordering us a new control board and it should be here in a few days.

Shirley
October 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Blondie and everyone! Sure missed you Blondie and so good to see you here again. Hugs to Mama!

Bailey65
October 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Blondie I am so grateful that you are back :)
Busy, busy day today for me. My 1st Craft Fair of the season is this upcoming Sat & Sun. I have quite a few things that I started that need to be finished. I spent a better part of the day yesterday pricing everything and doing a quality control check to be sure everything looked good. Today I will be doing laundry, stripping the bed, finishing up projects that need to be done for the Craft Fair and I got a call this morning that my that my Aunt & Uncle (in their 80's) will be stopping by for a visit later this morning!! I love seeing them. My Aunt is the only Sister of my Mother's left and I love both of them dearly. My Mom passed away 26 years ago :(
Have a GREAT week everyone! I may be missing in action for the week due to prepping for the upcoming Fair :D

shermur
October 7th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Monday...it's cool here, not turning on the furnace yet. I have a job interview to sneak in on my half hour lunch today...cross your fingers and wish me luck!
Attempted to finish a table topper this weekend, got most of the binding hand sewn....I got sucked into watching football! KC Chiefs 5 wins, no losses! Woo hoo!
And tonight I need to get my house cleaning caught up, my Dad and step-monster are coming up Tuesday to take me out for birthday dinner!

CountryHut
October 7th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Good Morning one and all :)

hubby is off to work for the day - the next 2 days - will be half days -- just 2 more Dr appts before surgery --
I am soooo thankful that he is finally getting this skin cancer removed and taken care of
he had Pre-admit at the new Hospital last week -- he was the 1st pre-admit -- waaaahooo. . L*~ . . he told the Nurse that he
wants his name on the wall . . I asked -- does that mean he's invited to the 10 yr reunion? . .

anyway -- his white and red blood cells are back to norm - he's been cleared by the heart dr
-- the dermatologist - the plastic surgeon and the hubby are ready for Oct 22nd . . .
-- surgery is going to take about 6 hours -- but we will know more when he see the plastic surgeon again on Tuesday
for the results of the CT scan . .
--
its been really crazy how my "x" in laws have been more supportive than my own family . .
--
then to top it off -- the guy the hubby has been mentoring for the pass 2 years to take over his position at work
- when he found out - the hubby was making all these appts to have the skin cancer removed -- he decided to go on family leave . . *ugh*~ -- to use up his time on the books
. . . I told the hubby from the get go -- that he found another job . . . 8 weeks into these appts --
the guy gave his 2 week notice -- and yep he did get another job . . . -- that man best NOT call the hubbys cell phone and me answer it . . *grrr*~ . . . . so now the hubby has been mentoring another guy in the middle of all of this -- hubbys has had to teach this guy 9 months of training into 8 weeks . . .the guy has to pass his test before the hubby goes on 6 weeks of sick leave . .
- just so you get the jus' of what type of test this guy has to pass for his license --- when you see those huge --water towers-- standing out in the middle of nowhere -- or -- on top of /or on the side of mountain . . . you have to be licensed to operate the
multitude of huge engines that pump the water out of the ground . . you have to understand the chloride levels for intake and out go -- monthly sampling and such . . .
-- hubby has great faith in this young guy passing his test -- so he won't have to worry while he recovers after surgery . .
h*ll the hubby has had his license for 50 years . . and knock on wood . . has -never- been fined by the state water management division - or (DEP) - Department of Environmental Protection

so I guess over the next week or so - I'll put together a craft bag to work on some type of a project while in the waiting room --
so I don't go stir crazy with worry . . hmmmm . . I wonder is they have an outlet in the waiting room -- I might need my
glue gun . . L*~ . .

well its off to check out some new Dies I rec'd in the mail that last few days . .
and get in gear with Christmas gifts that I have on the crafting table . . . I don't want to feel rushed this season

ya'll have a great day . . .

Iris Girl
October 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Good morning all. So happy to see you back on in the morning Blondie!!! You were missed. Raining here today and I have work after that sons car needs to go to the shop so I need to follow him and bring him home. Working on my Labyrinth quilts its getting big .My youngest likes it so I shall give it to him. Thats it for me today. Hugs and well wishes to those that need/want them and smile all.

Kgrammiecaz
October 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
What a wonderful morning message that I truly needed. Have not been feeling well a few days which is keeping me home from work without pay ugh. But your message gave a hug to remind it will get better. I am hoping the sunshine is there today and for now I think I will get up for a few minutes and get that cup of coffee. So thank you much for the uplifting message

Mpyles
October 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the warm thoughts this morning blondie as it's really chilly here!!

May...that's quite the shindig you attended this weekend! Wow!

Donna, I wondered when dd dropped those babies off to you if they would become permanent residents!!! So happy for you!!

Diane, prayers for you and your family.

Sherri, good luck at the interview!!

Sick here over the weekend,,,feeling more human as I type. Hubs and I spent our weekend at the lake sleeping....lol. But we are well rested.

Everyone have a great day!!

nyscpa2be
October 7th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good morning all!

I finally finished the top to my fall mug rug yesterday, so today I need to sandwich quilt and bind it before anything else gets done. I also worked on organizing the sewing room, so now I can start on other to-do's, like the Christmas flimsy's I have done.

Rainy here too - too cold to paint or stain so I'm living in disarray for a few more days at least. Oh well, quilting time instead!

Lisapc
October 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Blondie: I remember while Peter was sick how badly I craved the mundane. Normal every life without the weight and worries of "everything" on my shoulders. I now have that and am so grateful to have that. I am so happy you have normal back and that you are here again to start the day.

dwil23: hubby and I looked for almost 2 yrs for a house, our forever home. It was really hard to be so disappointed time and again when you look at a listing and despite your experience believe it and then to see the real house when you got there. I am praying this one is it for you.

Shirley: Happy Anniversary!

Sheri: Happy early birthday!

It started raining yesterday once I came in from picking tomatoes. It didn't stop. I did get a dozen jars of my sauce canned though, I think it was a dozen. I made 2 loafs of French bread as well. I think I am making some potato and cheddar/bacon soup tonight and turn that second loaf into cheesy garlic bread to go with it. It is raining now but will clear up later. The Peter's have been asking when will I make soup so I think I have a plan.

I thought I had one errand and the rest of the day to me. I woke up to find out I was very wrong. So if I get everything done I will make it into my sewing room around 8 tonight. I don't love days like this but it should free me up for later in the week.

Wishing you all a great Monday despite it being Monday!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 7th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone! Hi Blondie! So glad to have your smile sharing message this morning!

Well, our Klasien should be home in the Netherlands by now. I had so much fun with her while she was here. Everyone at the retreat was so happy to meet her. She is an excellent quilter, and I enjoyed watching her work and seeing her finished projects!

I'm gearing up for a week in the Pacific NW for the Machine Quilter's Expo in Portland. My friend and I will also meet relatives who live up there. I have one day to shape up this place, stash my fabrics from the retreat and get my guest room ready for my daughter's stay in it next week. Plus my friend is costuming a big musical, and I need to help her today to finish up before we go. Never a dull moment!

Have a great day!

CrazyMtnLady
October 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone.
Blondie, it is so good to see you back..have missed your morning smiles. I love the "boring" life also. One of my favorite things is just being with the hubby and taking a ride one the back roads on the motorcycle and seeing all the beauty there is to see here in our corner of the world. Of course this summer that hasn't happened with him gone since May! But things are on the bright side. I got an e-mail from him yesterday and he said they now have the washer and dryer and the BARRELS of fabric packed into the trailer and are working on all the kitchen gadgets and pots and pans. There is a brand new in the box Kitchenaide Ice Cream maker and new in the box Magic Bullit...woohoo! So looks like it will be within a week that he will be coming home.

Still no news on the job with the production company for him though.

I too am sitting here in my sweats due to the cooler mornings. But I love the cooler weather. Tomorrow it is suppose to warm up into the 70s. So it will be a day to get the laundry caught up and wash the bedding.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Sandy Navas
October 7th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Seems like things are getting back to ?normal? around here. It is so wonderful to have Blondie bouncing around and cheering us up on a Monday!! So, here's my special thoughts, warm hugs, prayers, concerns, encouragement, gratitude, and happiness for life extended to each and every one of you. Moi? My machine is still at the sick hospital for sewing machines and I am floating around - decided the best way to spend my time is to 'reclaim' some of my space and clean, clean, clean - Fall Cleaning is a GOOD thing.

Everyone here just take care and know I've got you in my thoughts and prayers. Oh and I'm encouraging everyone with any strong desires to start filling that piggy bank for NEXT YEAR's RETREAT!!!!!!

http://cwob.org/1images/donate/stack-of-coins.jpg (http://cwob.org/donateeuta.html)

Mom23
October 7th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Jean, you exhaust and amaze me!! Have a safe trip!

Hi everyone! Hi Blondie! So glad to have your smile sharing message this morning!

Well, our Klasien should be home in the Netherlands by now. I had so much fun with her while she was here. Everyone at the retreat was so happy to meet her. She is an excellent quilter, and I enjoyed watching her work and seeing her finished projects!

I'm gearing up for a week in the Pacific NW for the Machine Quilter's Expo in Portland. My friend and I will also meet relatives who live up there. I have one day to shape up this place, stash my fabrics from the retreat and get my guest room ready for my daughter's stay in it next week. Plus my friend is costuming a big musical, and I need to help her today to finish up before we go. Never a dull moment!

Have a great day!

lilmouse
October 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Morning Everyone,
Glad to "see" everyone here.....will keep your hubby in prayer Diane.....glad to see your smiling face Blondie, you were missed....have a busy morning and work all day...Steve is due home for a few days and his sister is due back from a couple of weeks in Florida...I have some errands to run and it is my long day at work...hopefully it will go quickly...and then I am off for three whole days...hopefully this week will have something to show for that time....did sew a few blocks together yesterday and that was about all...did put a few fabrics away and looked at all the rest...I am so behind and have to get my rear in gear....over 7 weeks smoke free and over two weeks with no additional aids to quit....and haven't gained any weight and may have lost a pound or two...am learning new coping mechanisms for everything.....am slowly getting there and will start saving for next years retreat...plan on going no matter what....should be retired by then but will have wait and see if I am still eligible for widows' benefits...
Hugs and prayers for all
Susie

Lonna
October 7th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Good Morning Ladies so glad to see everyone.

It is a beautiful fall day here in S.E. Louisiana and I have the day off just can't decide what to do with myself today. I do have a couple of things that need to be sandwiched so I may set up my folding tables outside and do that. Also my DD is learning to quilt and making her first top so she will come over sometime today to work on that.

Warm thoughts and prayers to all my wonderful friends here.

toggpine
October 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Good day!
I can move! After cleaning the barn out yesterday I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to! My back actually feels better, and my shoulder is doing OK.
It went from sunny & 75 yesterday to 55 & raining! Fall is certainly here.

After I finish this cup, I'm headed to the sewing room to see of I can knock out the two items I have on the cutting table. Then I'll need to clear it off so I can begin quilting the hand-dyed top. I'd like to take it with me this weekend to give to the fellow. Especially since I think I'll be picking up the rest of the fabric from his late wife's stash.

I'm adding to my M* jar!