PDA

View Full Version : Checking in and update

Blondie
October 5th, 2013, 04:29 PM

Hello Folksies!

Long lost Blondie here. I have just a few minutes and had to get in here to tell you how much I miss each of you.
Mom FINALLY came home from the hospital. I had spent much of the last week there with her - it was very much touch and go. That little lady is such a fighter. She had some issues after the successful surgery and most of it had to do with her heperin levels. Also she had a lot of pain and other side things like not being able to use the potty on her own. Mercy. Sis and I stayed together in one of their overnight rooms on the roughest of nights and then we both came home to really sleep. To be perfectly honest, I slept for two days. No joke. I don't remember those days at all. When I woke up Thursday morning, I called the hospital and was told she would be coming home that night. So, she is now home. Luscious and I are staying with her for a few more days. She will need about a month of physical therapy to help her regain her balance and strength.

I have several emails and private messages I need to answer. I will, I promise. Just love me anyway. Do it because you can and I sure need some TLC. And another week of sleep.
Mom looks like herself again, the swelling is all gone. No problem with swallowing any longer. Those blood clots were truly cutting off her blood and oxygen. We are thanking the good Lord for caring dr's who went beyond protocol and against the medical system to get her taken care of.

Michele, if you are reading this, our own hero is Dr. DeGent from Belgium. I know, different country but he is very fond of yours. When he visits his home, he often plans to cycle in yours. Just thought I would share that with you. He literally saved my Mom's life.

Sisters, I thank each of you for your faithful prayers and concern. Life is good, God is still on His throne and all is right with my soul.

I am dying to know how the retreat went at M* this week.

I will try to get back in here soon. Until then, here's a smile for each of you and a nice soft squishy hug. Time to make the dinner. And perhaps let Mom beat me at a hand of rummy.

Blessings!

Bubby
October 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Blondie...So nice hearing from you. With you being away and so many at M* this week, it's been pretty quiet around here! I'm thrilled to hear Mom is home and well on the mend. She's a fighter....!!!!

Jeff and I worked in Cuba today for an upcoming inspection of our apartments. On the way home we stopped at the quilt show in Rolla. They put on a really nice quilt show every year and this year was no exception. Jeff really enjoyed himself and had a ball voting for his favorite in all the categories. I was too tired to concentrate and vote. I came away with a renewed pride in being part of the larger family of quilters. I ran into a favorite friend I hadn't seen for a while...so it was a great day. It was raining gently, the Girls waited for us in the truck and actually behaved themselves (!), and all in all it was a very good day.

Hugs, Barb

Blondie
October 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Barb, I lost track of so much this past few weeks; but I will try to be able to get back to normal soon. Me, normal? Not that kind of normal, lol!
Been praying for your dental procedures daily ( well, except for those lost two days of sleep). Big hugs to you, the girls and Jeff.

Miss Sheri
October 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM
(((((((((Blondie))))))))) You have been in my thoughts, and therefore, my prayers also these past several weeks. I've been more and more concerned for you. I am relieved to hear from you, and to hear of your many little miracles. Still asking heaven's blessings to be with you and your family, and adding prayers of gratitude. With kindest regards. . .Miss Sheri

ilive2craft2
October 5th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Blondie, so glad to hear from you and that Mom is home and on her way to healing! Continuing to keep all of you in my prayers. Hugs, Lisa

grammakim04
October 5th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Sending you a hug and prayers for your mom and the rest of your family. Glad to hear your mom is getting stronger, such a true blessing. Please remember to take care of yourself thru all of this.

Kim

bec
October 5th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Blondie, glad your mom is better and back home. There's no place like home. Take care of your mom, and take care of yourself as well. We miss you. Hope your life gets back to normal soon. Hugs.

Iris Girl
October 5th, 2013, 04:58 PM
(((((Blondie))))) we missed you so much. So happy everything turned out well and things are going back to *normal* Give Mom a hug for me

MRoy
October 5th, 2013, 05:49 PM
It's good to hear from you Blondie and to hear that your mom is doing well now. You've been missed around here. I hope your dear mom continues to improve daily and that your life gets back to being "routine". Sometimes our routine is just what we need. ((((HUGS))))

asta
October 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Blondie, I am so glad to hear your mom is doing well, I admire you so much for all the loving care you show to your wonderful mother as well as others you have never met.
hugs and blessings to you and your familt.

pcbatiks
October 5th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Hi Blondie...so glad to hear that your mom is doing better now...........I've been wondering how things were going. Take care of yourself too.

mom4him
October 5th, 2013, 07:08 PM
WOW! Blondie, I have not been on here much and didn't realize this was all going on with you. So thankful your mom is doing better and they you got some much needed rest.

buckeyequilter
October 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hugs and prayers to you and your family and especially your mom, Blondie. I've been MIA for a while now but am slowly catching up and quilting again. Take care of yourself while you take care of your mom.

stitching woman
October 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM
So happy your Mom is doing better. Know that you and yours are in my daily prayers.

Just home from the retreat will get some rest and post about that more later.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 5th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Soglad to hear from you! Hope Mom is out of the woods with all her health concerns, well, those that need immediate attention at least!

We did have fun at the MSQC gathering, and thanks for the cute little favors you sent us! You are so thoughtful!

Sandy Navas
October 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Yes, yes, yes - the M* STAFF were all asking 'where's Blondie?'

Oh, and the kids tried to swipe my DUCK!!!!!

kensington
October 5th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Blondie, I just want to thank you so much for the adorable gift you sent to the retreat for the goodie bag I got! I didn't see it until today when I got home and my daughter came out and we dumped it out to dig through the treasures. I was able to tell her about M* because I needed to explain to her why someone would give me a tiny rubber duck! She loved it. It was so thoughtful of you to do that even though you could not attend.

Also, your friends missed you, and said so. The girls openly spoke about their love and concern for you during this difficult time. They wished you could be there.

I look forward to meeting you next year because apparently, YOU are an awesome person, and I always want to meet awesome people!

K. McEuen
October 5th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Glad to hear that your mom is doing better now. I found your little gifts last night while I was having some down time (read - tired because I'd been sewing all day yesterday.) The duck is so cute, never seen one that little, as was the little pin cushion.

I have a COC top I'm going to send you when I get home (halfway there and stopped for the night) and I'll have you know it has the Ron Doan seal of approval for men. As he walked by and saw what I was working on he said "Hey! I like that car fabric!"

auntiemern
October 6th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Oh honey I am so glad to hear your momma is doing much better. So very happy for you to finally have her back home.
GF, you were so missed by the gals that made it to M*. Thank you for the wonderful gifts, as everything you have sent me, these too will be treasured. You WILL be at next years gathering.

kensington
October 6th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Oh honey I am so glad to hear your momma is doing much better. So very happy for you to finally have her back home.
GF, you were so missed by the gals that made it to M*. Thank you for the wonderful gifts, as everything you have sent me, these too will be treasured. You WILL be at next years gathering.

Let it be said, Let it be done!

dwil23
October 6th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Glad to hear all is getting better with mom. Take care of yourself, too !

Genny
October 6th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Blondie, I haven't been on here much the last few weeks so I didn't know anything about your mom. When I read your post I was truly shocked. That being said...I'm so happy that shes getting better. This must be a relief to you and your family. Now maybe you can relax a little and get some much needed rest. Hugs...Genny

HandsOffItsMine
October 6th, 2013, 08:14 AM
(((Blondie))), so glad Mom's home now. The Schmers and Stegers have been praying for her and you!

I bet you needed two days of sleep, you've been going at this way too long. You ain't no spring chicken you know! lol Or spring duck from what I read. :P

Do take care of yourself DF!

Huggers, Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Zander, Oliver and Miss Penelope

aliaslaceygreen
October 6th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Blondie, I somehow seemed to have gone MIA at exactly the time this all started... I am so relieved to come in on the tail end and know that you Mom is out of the hospital and doing better!!!! Hugs to you girl, breathe, sleep, and just take it easy.....

MayinJerset
October 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hey Blondie, Good to hear the good news about your Mom.

Blondie
October 6th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I am so happy that each one that attended got a little rubber duckie. I couldn't resist, and have one of my own right here by my computer. LOL. Finger pins are essential to keep in my sewing bag. Use yours in good health through many projects of happy stitching, ladies.

Big hugs and happy smiles
Blondie