PDA

View Full Version : A foggy Saturday

toggpine
October 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM
This is later in the day than a day lark post and too early for a night owl post!

The animals have been fed, coffee has been made, the second round of pumpkin bread is finishing off in the oven, and the kitchen is somewhat tidy. (More work left to do in there!)

It's a foggy day so far here on our little farm. Hubby is putting a load of chicken into the smoker for the grandson's birthday party this afternoon.
I'm going to test a new recipe. I'm going to try apple butter in place of the pumpkin puree for this bread recipe. I have a few jars left from last year's batch, and just received a note from a friend that she is bringing me more apples from this year's harvest!
I'll see if I can squeeze in some sewing while the bread bakes!

I hope all of you are having a good day and can find some time for fabric therapy!

Hugs! Cathy

Sandy Navas
October 5th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Cathy - send your apple butter cake - my mouth is watering!!!!

bubba
October 5th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I can't believe it is foggy in your neck of the county! It was a couple days earlier this week, but today was clear as a bell when I drove into work. Looks like a gorgeous day out! I know yesterday afternoon was...the mountain was beautiful!

toggpine
October 5th, 2013, 11:29 PM
The fog finally burned off at about 1PM here. We saw the fog/mists moving in over the fields on the way home tonight @ 6:30. I'm sure that we'll have fog again in the morning.

The Apple Butter bread was OK. Not as applely as I might have liked, but I have eaten much worse things! They are not overly sweet, so that is good. I made mostly muffins with this test batch. I'm not sure if they will survive the weekend. If they do,Sandy, I'll send you some!