PDA

View Full Version : School Update 10-4

phoots
October 5th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Hello. I know I haven't been around much. I've had a lot going on. I dealing with a lot of physical and emotional stress due to school and my personal life. I've got another final on Monday, Oct. 7th, and then on Thursday I start my senior class...my last class before externship. I have been pushing myself so hard to get good grades that I'm on the edge of falling apart. If I could just take a short vacation before I start my externship...but that's not possible. But I think that once I start my externship and start working, a lot of pressure will fall away. Right now my GPA is 3.83, which means I'm on the verge of graduating with high honors!

This next month is not going to be easy for me because it will mark one year since I lost my Mom. I have school that night and I know I'm gonna be a mess. But I can't miss class that night because I have perfect attendance...well, with the exception of two nights that I had to leave early.

Please pray for me. I'm a little nervous about this final because I feel as though I don't know it as well as I should. Also, because of the one year anniversary of the loss of my Mom on Oct. 16th. I love you all because I know you are all pulling for me. You are my rocks!

Thank you.
Pam in Vegas

lilmouse
October 5th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Holding you up in prayer Pam and I am sure you will do fine...focus on now for the next few days and focus on the other later when you have more time!

easyquilts
October 5th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Pam.... I remember that first anniversary, too. Even though it has been thirteen years, I still get a little out of tune around that time if year.... I 'll wonder what is going on, and then I will remember.

Believe me when I tell you that you will be OK. That day will will be painful, in a way that is hard to describe, but you will get through it... Tell is the date, and when the going gets rough, look down, and you will see us holding your hand...

I don't think anyone really ever gets over losing their Mom.... That Mom space in our hearts will always be empty. And that's OK...

Grief is a truly personal experience.... Oh, there are documented stages of grief, but u,fortunately, grief is not so tidy.
You take two steps forward, and one step back.... For a long time I had what we call "grief bursts". They usually hit me when I was alone in my car. I can only describe a grief burst is that's it is very short, but very intense feeling of pure grief... It won't last long. I think most bereaved people experience grief bursts...and I have heard others say that they happened when they were alone their cars. I guess that is because there are no destructions when you are totally alone.... I still get them once in a while.

When you are feeling sad, or stressed, do something just for yourself.... Take a bubble bath, eat some expensive chocolate, watch an old movie... It doesn't matter what you do, but it matters that you take the time to do it.... It's OK to coddle yourself now and them...after all, you jave lost the most significant person in your life..... Nothing will ever be the same, but things can still be good.

Your mom would be so proud of your accomplishments.... I'm sure she knows....

Lisapc
October 5th, 2013, 02:09 AM
I am praying for you and know you will do just fine. You know why? You are smart, you work hard and your Mom is right there beside you honey.

bkthomas
October 5th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Prayers for you Pam, you will do good!!!

Debbie MM
October 5th, 2013, 09:08 AM
You will do fine, just relax. I sort of understand what you are feeling, I lost my nephew during my last semester and made dean's list.

MayinJerset
October 5th, 2013, 09:17 AM
"Your mom would be so proud of your accomplishments.... I'm sure she knows...." Saying a little prayer to help you along during this difficult time. I know we soon will hear that you aced that final.

Sandy Navas
October 5th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Strength and understanding being aimed your way. You know we are all pulling for you and Momma is watching closely. You are doing her proud!!!!!

MRoy
October 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Prayers for you Pam. Your mom is with you and so proud of you...always!!

Monique
October 5th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Pam, you know your Mom is with you with every step you take. She is smiling down on you this very minute I am sure. Good luck next week.

ilive2craft2
October 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Pam, that first anniversary is hard - we lost my dear MIL last September 30th - we took some time together and with my SIL during last weekend to just relax and hang out. It was a good thing we did, cause my mom ended up in the ER with severe chest pains on the 30th. It really took my mind off of MIL, but not in a good way. Mom is better and is back in the rehab unit at the nursing home.

One of the things I do when stressed is sew or at least go pet the fabric or rearrange something on the design wall. Please allow yourself to take a little time for yourself each day - a nice shower/bath, read a book, pet fabric, sew, etc - even if it is just 5 or 10 minutes. It really helps to balance all of the stress hormones that continue to feed off of themselves. It also ok to just have a good cry - sometimes when I need one a good sappy movie or even commercial can send me over the edge. There is healing in those tears.

I am very proud of all of your hard work and good grades. I know your mom is cheering you on! Hugs, Lisa

HandsOffItsMine
October 5th, 2013, 02:12 PM
(((Pam))), I'm so proud of what you have accomplished this last year! You're going to do great in your externship!

Prayers and strength for the upcoming anniversary of your Mom's passing. Those times are always hard, especially the first one. I'll say an extra one for you.

Huggers, Ruby