PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo

Pandabear
October 4th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I has it. It better be gone by tomorrow.

At least I can sew the binding on my table runner today.

bubba
October 4th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I'm surprised you can even sew!!! Get better in a hurry!

lilmouse
October 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Vertigo is no fun...I have it all the time...I got used to it but certain things I just cannot do anymore....like climb under a table and look up....I get physically ill....there are a few others and I knock into walls quite a bit.....lose my balance pretty easily but have learned to maintain...get allot of ear infections also.

Doloris
October 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I had vertigo once. Went to ER cause I was sooo sick. I think it lasted almost 6 weeks. Went away 2days before I had another Dr's appt too try some powerful meds and lots of tests. Was awful. Felt dizzy and sick all the time. Couldn't move my head fast or tilt it much or I would throw up.
Hope you feel better soon!!!!

TeresaJean
October 4th, 2013, 05:04 PM
That is such a bummer, hope you feel better soon!

easyquilts
October 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM
A friend if mine had it for months,,, she had all kinds of treatments and took all kinds if medicine. Her life became very limited. Her depression was very badly thankfully, she has recovered.... So... My dumpsters are with you...mi know how bad it can be. I hope you get better soon!

Lisapc
October 4th, 2013, 05:07 PM
It is horrible, I hope it goes away soon.

nyscpa2be
October 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I'm getting light amounts of vertigo with the mix of meds they have me on right now. And it is awful - but some of the cases on here sound worse! My big limit is I really can't drive long distances - 5 min is my max, or else I get dizzy from turning my head too much. Oh, and I can squat, but not bend over.

Get better soon!

Andrea F
October 4th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Get well soon. Itīs really bad, had it when I discovered I have high bp. Two weeks almost no walking around, really awful.

Bubby
October 4th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I hope you quit spinning soon...that's so miserable.

Terri
October 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Oh, I hope you feel better soon. My Dad had it BAD. My sister took him to a neurologist (he finally gave in when he was over 80!!) and he was on the verge of Minear's (sp?) disease. There were a couple of times when I was a teenager, that friends had to bring him home from work....he was soooo dizzy & sick that he couldn't drive and if the neighbors were watch when they helped Dad inside I'm sure they thought he was "fall down" drunk!! He was eventually put on antivert daily to deal with it. My older sister has been diagnosed with it and my younger sister has had bouts of it a few times. I do have a tendency to get light headed & dizzy, sometimes for no reason at all. I have to be very careful about bending over & standing up too quickly or turning my head from one side to the other too quickly also. :( I wonder if it is hereditary or "runs" in families...... Hope the room stops spinning soon! Hold on tight!!!

ilive2craft2
October 4th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I sure hope you feel better soon! A lady at work had it a couple of times and it was awful. They fixed hers with some kind of physical treatment of laying on a tilt table to get some crystals or something in her ear back to the right place. Sure hope yours goes a way quickly.

Doloris
October 4th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I sure hope you feel better soon! A lady at work had it a couple of times and it was awful. They fixed hers with some kind of physical treatment of laying on a tilt table to get some crystals or something in her ear back to the right place. Sure hope yours goes a way quickly.
Those are called ear rocks. So we all have rocks in our heads. Explains a lot. :D

Pandabear
October 4th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Ok so went to the doc. Call me an idiot, I just have a bad sinus infection. It's throwing my balance off.

But woo! Only a sinus infection!

Claire Hallman
October 4th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I had some problems with dizziness about 15 years ago. They determined I had a tumor in the sinus above my eyebrow.:icon_rolleyes: Got that sucker out right away [no cancer] and have been virtually headache free since then. I do still get a bit dizzy if I bend my head way back and try to look up. No crawling under tables for sure.:icon_heh: