PDA

View Full Version : Friday ~ TGIF

Blondie
March 25th, 2011, 08:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/05fri.gif

Good Morning, Lovely ladies
Getting in here a bit late this morning; went to bed right after spending some time with Mom. I've been bringing Gracie down the hill for a good romp, getting her used to wearing a harness for a walk. She is grooving on it. Starting to get excited when she sees me pick it up. Anyhoo, while down at Mom's walking around her back forty, I spy a fresh bear track in the wet red clay. No mistaking that one. I went in, called Luscious to come and check it out. Warned Mom again to be careful when she is outside. I know that the bear are more shy of us, but with my Mom's luck, she would get swatted at. LOL.
Sandy, my dear grandmother had Alzh. and it is a terrible disease. She was a master quilter and before we knew what was really wrong with her - this was in the day when they were still deciding to put a name to it officially - she had cut up her work, and started a fire in the middle of her kitchen floor with it. My Dad was on his way home from work and saw the smoke. She was sitting on the floor trying to cook dinner on it. No skillet. Just frozen veggies. My folks wound up caring for her for 5 years until they were almost dead themselves. She was finally put in a home for care. Another story there but oh my how sad this disease truly is.
Trish, I still have to do my taxes. No fun there. I keep putting it off. My big dread of the year.
Ladies, Ms. Delle Martin, whom I shared a pic of yesterday, is one of my very favorite gals. I wish all my seniors were as gracious and fun as she is. One of her daughters is also a client; we share many a giggle over her Mom. Delle sings in the choir, her hair is NEVER out of place. For an oldster she has great hair. Takes her herbals and vits each day. She is on no medicine. What a gal! She says it is the accident of her birth and good genes that she is still here.
Patti, at least now you know you are on the downside of this lingering event. I wish you the swiftest resolution to closing up that there can be. God will certainly bless you for your faithfulness and endurance. And btw, love your closing quips. Makes me remember that I had forgotten so many of them. LOL. Keep 'em coming!
Hi Paula! Still got you covered in prayer like a warm quilt.
Okies, I am off to work. Long day, of course, being Friday. None of these are my favorites, lol. They are what I call making my money the hard way. Sigh.
Check in later, chickies.

Loonwatcher
March 25th, 2011, 09:18 AM
TGIF (even though I've only had a 3 day work week). I'm off to aqua aerobic class then to work. that makes the day go quickly. My goal for the weekend is to go to our camp and begin gutting the bathroom so we can reno it before it's time to hook the water up and open camp for the summer. That's our tax return dollar at work. Also want to get my block done for the One Star Block donation project by Moda and get a start on Cory's (my son's) birthday quilt.

Have a great day everyone!

Monique
March 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hum, Friday. It is sunny out, but a little on the cool side. Not sure what this day holds yet. We are having a stag & doe for my son and his lovely fiance next weekend. At the same time, we are having a birthday party for the girls 1 & 8. Plus a house full of guests, so I guess I better get me butt of the chair and do some cleaning. It's not that bad just cluttered. Don't know where I will put all the stuff.

There are two auction sales this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Might go to those. I have my last boot camp on Saturday. It has been a blast. They are having another one in about 2 weeks so I think I will sign up again. I need to try and shed a few pounds, ok more than a few. Might get some quilting in today.

Blondie and Nancy have a wonderful weekend. Blondie, I sure wish you lived closer, I need a new do for the wedding in May!!

Happy quilting everyone,

Monique

Sandy Navas
March 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Woke up this morning to hear DH say "Wow!" and that meant S N O W . . . again. It is melting slowly, but come on. My poor little miniature daffodils are frozen. I need some color in my life!!

Blondie - your story about your DGM reminded me so much of Mom. We all knew Mom was fading but she was adamant about staying in her own home. Then she started waking the neighbors (quarter of a mile away) in the middle of the night to deliver 'presents' (such as old eyeglasses, etc.) wrapped in paper towels. I brought her home with me and she was fine for a month and then got mad at me one day and snuck out of the house during an ice storm. All she had on over her house dress was a light sweater. When I finally found her she had fallen and had been 'rescued' by a group of ladies who work with the Senior Citizen's Center nearby. Mom was black and blue and bleeding all over and told them that I had beat her. She kept yelling that she had no idea why I was calling her Momma and insisted they keep me away. Of course they believed her . . . as did her sister and a brother who she told I made her climb a ladder and clean windows and do all the housework. Yeah, and I kept her chained when she got out of control . . . they failed to recognize that the mind was going. It is a terrible disease. But, there are times when she can be so loving and so absolutely MOM.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to the HAVEN!!

toggpine
March 25th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Morning All!
I'm off for a day of interior house painting! Don't know if I'm doing the hall, the bathroom, or the study, but it all pays the same!

Have a great day!
Cathy

suzette58
March 25th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Afternoon everyone. I have to get my blocks done for the Just One Star quilts. I wonder if anyone is making just one? Anyway, reading your posts about family members having alzheimers. My son works in a nursing home with the residents that have it and dementia. He does the activities. He has been doing it for 4 years and it is starting to wear on him. In my mind it's the same as the family members and what they go through. I admire all of you having to deal with it. Have a great day

Loonwatcher
March 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Suzette, I'm making my Just One Star block from stash (which is small because I'm new) so I may only get one of the right colors. Every one counts!

Sandy Navas
March 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Afternoon everyone. I have to get my blocks done for the Just One Star quilts. I wonder if anyone is making just one?

I have my sister making 'some' along with me. Haven't decided how many I'll make but definitely will make 'some'.

Spent part of the day sleeping and part of the day in the woodworking shop with Al, cleaning here and there. Trying to get myself back in the groove to be down there working with him now and again.

Everyone have a fantabulous weekend - when is the snow blowing south????????????

janluna
March 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I heard from Laura. She got her fan block quilt Suzi made for her from our blocks. She was deeply moved. I'm sure she'll be on later. Hugs, Jan

Blondie
March 25th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I heard from Laura. She got her fan block quilt Suzi made for her from our blocks. She was deeply moved. I'm sure she'll be on later. Hugs, Jan

If I miss her here, be sure and let her know that she is well loved, well prayed for and heartily missed.

Big HUGS TO LAURA. WE LOVE
Y - O - U

Blondie
March 25th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I have my sister making 'some' along with me. Haven't decided how many I'll make but definitely will make 'some'.

Spent part of the day sleeping and part of the day in the woodworking shop with Al, cleaning here and there. Trying to get myself back in the groove to be down there working with him now and again.

Everyone have a fantabulous weekend - when is the snow blowing south????????????

I need to finish the one star block and also the canadian maple. Perhaps this weekend since it is calling for rain ~ no snow in the forecast but possible SLEET. Still with the "s" word. grrr. What I wouldn't give to be snowed in with you and the rest of my quilty sisters! Talk about a jelly roll competition - hello!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend Sandy. Just love that you are on here with us. You make my day more than you realize.

The same goes for each of YOU out here in MSQC forum land.

Off to order pizza to be delivered. Too long a day to cook tonite. Pizza is quite a delish meal for the price. I call it my Friday Gourmet Special.

middlesis1966
March 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Hi gals!!!!!!! Not awhole lot going on tonite. Just a wee bit tired so Im gonna be a couch tater. Im always pooped out by now and feel like such a slug I dont do much. Now tomorrow is Saturday so I dont have to work, yahoo!!!!!!! This way I can use my work energy on the fun stuff. Dust bunnies can wait,lol. Sandy your gourment meal sounds delish, enjoy.
Have a fun filled all!

patticakes
March 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM

I am so glad we could make her smile! I do miss our sweet Laura also!

quiltingtrish
March 25th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone!
Was busting a butt today after work so I don't have to bust it tomorrow on my day off. Hit the laundromat and did 3 loads - got 2 of them hung out here. Got the lunch meats I needed, ran to the post office, hit the food store and bought cookie dough for neighbors choc. chip cookie present (he's 70 he says, but do think he's older than that), hit Goodwill where I got the 6 spools of brand new thread for a total of $3., made dinner, and got DH to download some photos. What did she say - downloaded some photos? Yes, finally. I need some kind of easy camera that takes great photos with an easy download even I can understand. I'm not happy with the color on this one I've got sometimes.

So, here are a few photos for you. My Lancaster purchases. The colors are not right though on the one with the striped fabric. The stripes are blues and yellows (how the heck did browns show up?) I'll use for backings for charity quilts, the one on top of those are a gorgeous reds and greens. The pieces beside those to the right are teals (not greens) and the other photo with the 2 fat quarter packs on top are teals (not blues) and creams. Oh, and don't forget to check out the True Blue thread where I posted a few of the 10 Minute Blocks I made last night. Oh heck - I'll go ahead and post them here too. Aren't those Suzi Zoo the cutest pillow panels with the little duck squeezing the giraffe's neck? And Popcorn the Bear - so cute!
So, the last 2 photos are showing their true colors but not the first 2. Hmmm - doesn't make sense to me!

Hugs,

janluna
March 25th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Gosh Trish, I'm tired out from reading all you did. You'll probably need to sleep on your day off. lol
Love your pics. Did you have a great time? Hugs, Jan

patticakes
March 26th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Trish you were so busy! I just love looking at pics of fabric and quilty things! Your fabric is wonderful and the panels are cute. Love your 10 minute blocks...looks like that will go together pretty fast. Thanks for sharing your stash of goodies...now go get some rest!