PDA

View Full Version : I Think I'm Cursed

Sharyn J
October 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM
You know how things always happen in 3's? First it was the broken sewer pipe, then I left the dome light on in the car and my battery went dead. Yesterday, was the 3rd in my series.

The toilet was not filling up in the reserve tank. I figured I needed to buy the replacement guts and have my brother put in a new one. In the mean time, I was filling the reserve tank with pitchers of water til I could get it fixed. Oh, such fun. Brother stopped by yesterday but I didn't have the parts yet, so he showed me a way to press on the lever to fill the tank and said his famous last words, "JUST BE CAREFUL."

Well, of course, you know that one didn't work! I flushed the john, pressed that dang lever and the water shot out of the fill up tank at full force, spraying the ceiling, walls, and ME. It was like Mt. Vesuvious. I was so flabbergasted, I started yelling, help, help, somebody help me! Now I'm crouched over the toilet, holding one hand over the intake valve and trying to reach with the other hand behind the toilet to the shut off valve.

When my DD arrived at the bathroom, I had the water shut off, an inch of water all over the bathroom, the walls dripping and I was soaked like a drown rat! My DD broke into a hysterical laughter and is still laughing. She said the expression on my face looked like a deer in the headlights and she just couldn't wait to start texting everyone!

I also sent a text..........to my brother. :icon_angry:

SallyO'Sews
October 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Oh, Sharyn, I'm so sorry ... but that made me laugh! Hope your weekend is especially uneventful.

And dry. :D

Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

easyquilts
October 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Oh my... I'm sorry, but I had to laugh.....

Now that you 've had your "three", you're done, right? At least for a while....

Lisapc
October 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Sorry this happened but maybe it will stop at 3. It is supposed to right?

grannyann
October 4th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Sorry but I had to laugh with your daughter. I certainly wouldn't be laughing if it was me but I just had this image of you all wet. Sorry

bubba
October 4th, 2013, 12:37 PM
At least it was the clean water and not the other!!!!

MartinaG
October 4th, 2013, 12:42 PM
At least it was clean water. lol Hope your bad luck has run its course.

alliek
October 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
You have to admit, to come upon this scene would be funny, except to the person (you) involved. So sorry, but that is it. Smooth sailing for awhile. Relax. Thanks for sharing, you did make me laugh.:icon_wave:

grammakim04
October 4th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I hope your day gets much better for you. Try and relax and enjoy your weekend.

Hulamoon
October 4th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I loved your story even though it got you wet. lol I hope everything smooths out :)

Cat n bull
October 4th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Oh BOY! What a FUN time you had!

HAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, but your description just made me LOL!

Sharyn J
October 4th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks gals for your sympathy. I actually DO have a great sense of humor, but I wasn't ready to test it yesterday! Bro came by a little while ago, and I now have new guts for the toilet, NASA approved! Just to be on the safe side, I flushed and ran like heck..........just in case!

pcbatiks
October 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Sorry...I have to admit...I laughed too........please forgive me :) Bet you weren't laughing in the text to your brother! :D
Hope you have a problem free weekend!

Andrea F
October 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
So sorry this happened to you, but your description was so visual, made me laugh too. I understand everything is okay now with the toilet, so your weekend should go smooth from now on. Have an espescially nice one!

bkthomas
October 4th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Poor Sharon! Love your drown rat pic!