PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY has come.

Monique
October 4th, 2013, 07:54 AM
So it is the start of the weekend. I hope all is well with Blondie and her mom. Another work day today. I took some work with me yesterday. The backing was too small for the baby quilt I wanted to sandwich. I spilled tea all over another baby quilt. This one was a pre-quilted panel that I was just putting the binding on. No big disaster. I hung it outside the post office to dry. I knit a scarf in the meantime. LOL!! Today I will get the quilt sandwiched. I brought other stuff to do as well.

Oktoberfest starts tonight. My mother-in-law won two tickets so I will pick those up on my way home. So funny, as I am just around the corner from Oktoberfest and probably wouldn't go if we had to pay. I don't know if I am working in the kitchen or not on Saturday. No one has told me yet.

Sunday is a surprise shower for my niece. I have decided to give her the award winning table runner, including the ribbon. LOL!!

So that is how my weekend is shaping up. Have a great weekend friends.

Lisapc
October 4th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Good morning Monique. I am the same way, never really explore the local gatherings around me. I hope you have a wonderful time.

I am starting day red faced. I made fudge and sent it to Kensignton. I sent her a Pm that told her it wasn't pretty but it was good. Well apparently it was too hot to mail fudge and stupid me just put it in a priority envelope and sent it out. She received it and thought someone had sent her mud. She had to put it in a pan and smooth it out and then she put powdered sugar on top. She will take it to the retreat center today. So despite my best intentions they will all have a good laugh. Oh well, I tried.

I have weekend errands to run today and some fabric shopping as well. This has been a week of being tired and a weekend of rain is coming. I don't know if we will delay our train ride we were supposed to take tomorrow or not. We'll see. I miss my Kora and Lillyana but don't know if they can squeeze us in this weekend or not so who really knows. I will probably make bread and sauce tomorrow if we stay home.

I hope everyone has a great day today and prayers to all!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 4th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Good morning Monique. I am the same way, never really explore the local gatherings around me. I hope you have a wonderful time.

I am starting day red faced. I made fudge and sent it to Kensignton. I sent her a Pm that told her it wasn't pretty but it was good. Well apparently it was too hot to mail fudge and stupid me just put it in a priority envelope and sent it out. She received it and thought someone had sent her mud. She had to put it in a pan and smooth it out and then she put powdered sugar on top. She will take it to the retreat center today. So despite my best intentions they will all have a good laugh. Oh well, I tried.

I have weekend errands to run today and some fabric shopping as well. This has been a week of being tired and a weekend of rain is coming. I don't know if we will delay our train ride we were supposed to take tomorrow or not. We'll see. I miss my Kora and Lillyana but don't know if they can squeeze us in this weekend or not so who really knows. I will probably make bread and sauce tomorrow if we stay home.

I hope everyone has a great day today and prayers to all!
I guess when you haD to answer all those questions at the post office about what's in the package, they forgot to ask about meltable! Or MUD,

But, thank you, Lisa, for thinking of us!

shermur
October 4th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I have so waiting for this day to come for a while. My daughter and I will head north and plant ourselves with the wonderful quilters at MSQC's Fall Fun Get together! Still not sure what to take and of course my machine is having issues. I'll figure something to take and hope to be up there by 9:00 AM!!!!!

MayinJerset
October 4th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Just posted on the Night Owl thread so that put Thursday to a close and I'm all ready for Friday. Need to get my clothes and stuff ready for niece's wedding tomorrow afternoon. We'll be staying over at a hotel in Queens after the reception so need to pack an overnight bag.

Hope to finish covers for throw pillows this morning so I can put all the sewing stuff away, right now it all is sitting on my dining room table. Have to clean up the mess before we leave for the wedding as I hate to be away and come home to a mess. Have a Fall quilt that I want to put on the dining room table - that's about the total of my Fall decorating in the house. Oh, did put Fall wreath on front door.

Can't think of anything else as I haven't had my coffee yet. I guess I'll have to make it this morning as DH was up later than usual last night watching football and baseball - both of which put me to sleep quite quickly especially when DH keepa switching from station to station and back again. Used to pay more attention to sports when sons were young and they played baseball, basketball, football, tennis, soccer and cross country but now I'm not that interested, quilting takes up my time and thoughts instead.

Hope Blondie and Mom are doing good.

Oh, Lisa that is funny about the fudge but you can't destroy anything chocolate so those lucky gals retreating at M* are in for a good treat from you. Sherri, hope there is some left when you and your DD get there.

Funny we don't take advantage of happenings in our area. We haven't gone to any of the parades in years but while on vacation in CA we spent a great day at a small town's 4th of July parade and all day celebration.

Terri
October 4th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Good Morning All!

I am so thankful that it's Friday! It's been a long week. We got home from a 12 day vacation on Sunday & getting back into the "normal" daily routine has been rough! But on the bright side...today is our anniversary! :) No big celebration, after our vacation...probably dinner out tomorrow. DH told me "I didn't get you anything (which seems to be the norm, oh well), but go to that fabric place you like (LQS) and buy yourself somthing." If only he knew what he told me to do!! :icon_woohoo:

Lisa, love your tale about the fudge. Made me think that sounds like something I would do! :)

I do hope that everyone has a great weekend! Glad M* is celebrating their on my anniversary! LOL

Hugs & prayers to all!
Terri

Lonna
October 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Good Morning All,

Thank you all for the prayers yesterday Waynes chemo went well. Feeling really good this morning. But noticed last week he felt great the day after come this weekend he will feel bad. Meeting at work yesterday went well was reassured that my job was not in jeopardy and all is well.

Looks as if we will be spending the weekend watching Hurricane Karen looks as if it will just be a rain maker.

Wishing all a wonderful day.

pcbatiks
October 4th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I have so waiting for this day to come for a while. My daughter and I will head north and plant ourselves with the wonderful quilters at MSQC's Fall Fun Get together! Still not sure what to take and of course my machine is having issues. I'll figure something to take and hope to be up there by 9:00 AM!!!!!

Sherri....hope you have a great day at the MSQC get together! And Lisa, I'm sure they will enjoy the fudge even if it did melt. :)

Hey Lonna.........we posted at the same time. Glad your meeting went well.........stay dry this weekend.

buckeyequilter
October 4th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Good morning!

Prayers to all that need / want them. Sherri, have a great day at M*!!!

I don't have any real plans for this week-end....and that's how I like it :) I hope to start the quilting on my Maple Leaf/Log Cabin sometime this week-end, we'll see. I'm going to go to the LQS tonight, they have a buy 1 yd get 1 yd free coupon in their newsletter, I need 2 - 1 yd pieces for a Trip Around the World quilt. Tomorrow morning I'm planning to go to a local Amish quilt shop that I just heard about and see what they have.

Well better get to work here....have a great Friday!

Iris Girl
October 4th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Morning all.

Hope all is well with Blondie's Mom sure do miss her posts here.
Sherri have a great time at the retreat!
Lisa - yep sounds like something I would do with the fudge. But as May said you can'r destroy chocolate and I am sure all will enjoy and laugh about it.
Hug and well wishes to all that need and want them.
Work for me today and looks like an on and off rain weekend. That will probably be the end of the beautiful leaves.
I have to agree we tend not to do things locally but will do them if we travel... humans who can figure?
There is a local small quilt show next weekend I plan to attend though.
have a great day all and smile

nyscpa2be
October 4th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Good morning all. I almost became a member of the night owls club last night. For the third night in a row, I woke up - this time at 4:30 with spasming legs. So I decided to check out the daily deal to see if we were going to be lucky enough to grab in on the sales. :(

I have to go to the doctor, have a yearly physical before my insurance runs out, and get poked and prodded again. But then, there is an estate sale a few towns over, that specifically lists quilting material and buttons. Hope I won't be too late.

MRoy
October 4th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Good morning! Lonna, so glad Wayne's chemo AND your meeting went well. I hope you don't get anything but rain. Sherri, enjoy your trip to MSQC today. Monique, have fun at Oktoberfest. I know what you mean about missing local events. Lisa, you can't mess up with chocolate...even chocolate mud!

Happy Anniversary Terri! I finished baby quilt #2 last night with my first machine-stitched binding. Will start sewing #3 (half-hexies) today. I got 1/2 yard cuts of 8 fabrics and am getting 3 small quilts from it with the help of solid backgrounds. I want to get the last one finished so I can start on something fresh! Happy Friday everyone!!

MayinJerset
October 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Darn, Dishwasher won't go on and it is filled with 2 days of dirty dishes, some with cheese sauce stuck on them. Have had half of the led gone for awhile but I could tell which cycle the dishwasher was on so I put off calling the service guy. It's still under contract so the cost wasn't a factor but thought I had plenty of time. We'll time ran out beginning of week when it was chancy as sometimes the cycle would begin and other times it didn't, did arrange for service call but that will be on Monday. Thought I'd get one more wash from the dishwasher but I was wrong. Haven't washed this many dishes in years and had to improvise a drain board as I don't want to put clean dishes into the dishwasher that has sat for 2 days with dirty dishes in it. I've cleaned the inside as best I can but wash, dry and put away is the schedule til Monday.

Service contract expires June 2014 but since dishwasher will be over 10 years old at that time I don't think I'll renew the contract, rather put those dollars into a new one.

Mpyles
October 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Morning all!

It's suppose to turn icky here this weekend...even get cold. It was beautiful yesterday for my day off of work. I worked on my LQS block of the month and did some cutting for my hexi project as we are headed to the lake tonight and I needed more cut. I have found the hexis quite enjoyable...never would of thought that, but I love them. Be nice if I had a pattern in mind...but I guess I am just gonna do a scrappy jo Morton fabric top.

I miss blondie as well. Sounds like the rest of you have your weekends mapped out as well. The fudge story is hilarious!!
Hope everyone up at the m* reunion has a great day!! Everyone else have a great day as well!!

nyscpa2be
October 4th, 2013, 09:21 AM
DH told me "I didn't get you anything (which seems to be the norm, oh well), but go to that fabric place you like (LQS) and buy yourself somthing." If only he knew what he told me to do!! :icon_woohoo:

Was there a price limit? If not, I would come home with just one item - a new machine! Or something equally as fun! hehehe

Bubby
October 4th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Good Morning,

I'm getting ready for a quick trip to pick up some groceries and dog food. Yesterday I mowed our yard (4 acres) and also our old house in town. I saw 4 snakes (what's with all the snakes this year!) and couldn't run over any of them...drats!! I thought I would be sore today but I feel fine.

I have been enjoying reading Jean's posts and seeing the pictures from the gathering at M*. Everyone is having a terrific time!

We have to work in Cuba tomorrow to get an apartment ready for inspection. It's in real good shape so we just need to trim some shrubs and tree branches and do a little caulking and it will be ready.

Life is good...Fall is gently moving in and it will soon be time to wear socks, sweatshirts and flannel shirts and jammies. I can't wait!!

This Winter my goal is to try a new soup recipe every week. We love homemade soup and homemade bread/rolls for easy dinners. I'm collecting a few recipes and there's always my old standby recipes.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

carrie liz
October 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I helped a friend make a tote this week. In return she is taking me fabric shopping today. I have a list and my coupons. Fun day!

Lisapc
October 4th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I guess when you haD to answer all those questions at the post office about what's in the package, they forgot to ask about meltable! Or MUD,

But, thank you, Lisa, for thinking of us!

They don't ask me any questions. They always assume it is fabric. The woman said, "what kind of fabric is this?" I said, "not this time, just fudge". I paid and left. I messed up, so not a surprise to me.