PDA

View Full Version : 33 years ago today.....

Terri
October 4th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I married the love of my life! :) Hard to believe....time has flown by! I celebrated my 52nd bday two weeks ago today and now an anniversary. Funny how when we married....I was just 2 wks after my 19th birthday and thought I was so grown up and so ready and I look at these KIDS now that talk about get married at 19 or 20---thinking "they are soooo young!! Then I have to remind myself, I was just 19 when I took the plunge! We've had our ups & downs, would I change anything? Nope, not a thing....otherwise, we would not be where we are today. I believe everything in life happens for a reason, even if we don't know why or understand at the time. Even having four sons in less than 5 years!!! They are now adults that we are so proud of ages 32, 31, 30 & 27 (once the older three have bdays in Dec). And we have been blessed with two precious grandsons. We were so busy with our four "little guys" in those early years we didn't have time to really get to know each other as we should have, but in the years since the last son moved out we have become so much closer and I can truly call him my best friend. Happy Anniversary to me & my DH--Marty! :icon_hug:

Bubby
October 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Terri, I wish you and Marty a very happy 33rd anniversary!!

Monique
October 4th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Happy anniversary. Have a wonderful day.

Andrea F
October 4th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Happy anniversary Terri. Wishing the two of you to have another 33 years full of love and joy together.

pcbatiks
October 4th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Congrats Terry to you and Marty on your anniversary! Hope you have a great day.

Joan@DebtofGratitude
October 4th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Happy anniversary! I just adore a good love story.

Terri
October 4th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Thank you Andrea. Shooting for the number of years my parents had together. If my sweet precious Dad had lived just six more weeks they would have celebrated their 65th anniversary!! They were so in love and you could see it, even to the very end. Mom has dementia, and she knows that Dad is gone. She will say that God needed him more than she did now. She also looks at his picutre (hanging over the head of their bed) every morning & every night and tells him "Good morning/night & I love you." Also tells him that she is mad at him that he left her before she was ready to go too. :icon_sniff: They had to go to assisted living after Dad broke his hip in 2008. When Dad was near the end, the hospice nurses let Mom get into Dad's hospital bed every night (except for the very last night) for 2-3 hours (he had to be moved from their regular bed) and she would curl up around him to keep him warm. Through out the years of their marriage he was the one who was always cold and she was always warm/hot, so she would always curl up next to him to keep him warm. :) Precious memories......

Happy anniversary Terri. Wishing the two of you to have another 33 years full of love and joy together.

Lisapc
October 4th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Happy anniversary! You are living my dream, decades with the love of your life. I wish you many more.

Kgrammiecaz
October 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Congrats. We hear so little of long marriages these days. I enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for sharing

MayinJerset
October 4th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Happy anniversary! I just adore a good love story. Me too, Yours and your DH's well as your Parent's. Many, many more happy years together.

I was married young also, a week before I was 19 and DH was almost 21 and serving in the Marines. That was in 1955 and we are still going strong, slower but strong. Like you there have been ups and downs but more ups and we didn't run at the least little sign of problems - couples need to grow up together not apart.

dwil23
October 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Happy Anniversary, Terri and Marty.

Isn't it funny how our perspective changes as we get older? I had just turned 22 in June and got married in July. I look at my 21 yr old DD and now and can't believe I was actually planning my wedding at her age. Hard to believe so many years have gone by - it would have been our 34th anniversary this past July. Just got an invitation in the mail for my cousin's 50th. Wow. My Mom died unexpectedly just before their 49th Anniversary and we were starting to think about what to do for their 50th. Still hurts that we weren't able to do something special for them.

Terri
October 4th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Yes, I am with you on this one. We (Mom/Dad/my 3 siblings & spouses/also a couple of aunt & uncles) were all able to be together for Mom & Dad's 60th in 2005. Mom's dementia had just started and they were still living on their own, but had slowed a lot. But it was a great time together. :)

I can't believe our oldest son celebrated ten yrs of marriage this past May! Son #2 is having trouble finding the right one, been through a very bad divorce. :( Son #3 just celebrated 8 yrs! And the youngest 3 yrs! But Momma ain't getting any older!!! :icon_rofl:

Happy Anniversary, Terri and Marty.

Isn't it funny how our perspective changes as we get older? I had just turned 22 in June and got married in July. I look at my 21 yr old DD and now and can't believe I was actually planning my wedding at her age. Hard to believe so many years have gone by - it would have been our 34th anniversary this past July. Just got an invitation in the mail for my cousin's 50th. Wow. My Mom died unexpectedly just before their 49th Anniversary and we were starting to think about what to do for their 50th. Still hurts that we weren't able to do something special for them.

SallyO'Sews
October 4th, 2013, 11:18 AM
What a great story, Terri... Congratulations and best wishes for the next 33 years!

lilmouse
October 4th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Happy Anniversary...great story...thanks for sharing!

cyndiofthevortex
October 4th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Happy Anniversary! We have twin lives, except my 33rd was in June and we have 7 kids! Isn't it great to be married to your best friend? Yes, it just keeps getting better and better. I'm so glad you shared your story.

And nineteen is very young! I can't imagine my 19 year old getting married! But God knows what he's doing, doesn't he?