PDA

View Full Version : Getting there...

SallyO'Sews
October 3rd, 2013, 11:40 PM
Hi, Everyone,
This evening I am thankful that it's Thursday, because that means that tomorrow is Friday, and the workweek will be over! :D It's been very hectic at work, and I'm about a week behind. This is our busiest season, and my department consists of only two people. So I am REALLY thankful that my partner was not assigned to a criminal case when she had to go to jury duty yesterday!

Hope you all have lots to be thankful for this weekend... I'll bet those of you spending quality time at the M* retreat do! Have a beautiful time!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

dwil23
October 3rd, 2013, 11:49 PM
As always, lots to be thankful for. I think today I will share a bit from a face book post made by my cousin's grandson, Marcus. He was just 19 last year when he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. He has undergone some pretty serious medical procedures over the last year, and our dear Blondie sent him a COC quilt.

This was copied from his post earlier today:

Gotta have an MRI in a few weeks and Dr.Burke said if it dosent show any growth from where the tumor was hes pretty confident it wont come back and hes gonna talk to Dr.Vanloveren about disconnecting the shunt and if everything goes good even talk about removing it

Thank You, Lord!

pcbatiks
October 3rd, 2013, 11:56 PM
Donna......that is great news for cousin's grandson!

I am thankful as always for my sweet husband........we went out for our favorite burgers tonight after a day of me feeling sluggish all day. Bacon cheeseburger.......it had lettuce so that means it is good for you......right??!! :D

I'm also thankful for all the good memories I have of my grandparents.........I have been thinking about them today after reading the Night Owl thread that Cyndi started last night.

Lisapc
October 4th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Donna: Praying for your cousin's grandson.

Today I am thankful for my son. He came off the bus with a smile so big and ran down the walkway and planted a big hug on me with a big kiss and told me he missed me so much and loves me. He is now nine and he doesn't do things like that often and I except it won't happen very many more times. I wished my whole life for a son. I had no idea how hard it was to mother a son and how wonderful it is all at the same time. My Lil' Guy with his big heart and stubborn streak a mile wide. I am lucky to have him. His sister as well but today he was loving on me and all she did was call to say hi.