PDA

View Full Version : Good Thursday Morning sleepy heads

MayinJerset
October 3rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
No one up yet? I need to get going early today as I have a lot to do, famous last words as I said the same thing yesterday. Yesterday I literally did nothing around the house, picked up my BFF around 1pm and took her out for her Bday lunch, stopped over her house afterwards for some tomatoes and figs from her garden and at home make a quick simple dinner. Took a rest on my bed in the evening and the next thing I knew it was after midnight and time to see if any Night Owls were up.

Family wedding on Saturday, ceremony in Brooklyn and reception in Queens so DH and I are staying over afterwards in Queens. Must check the outfit I plan to wear so there are not unpleasant surprises Sat. morning when I get dressed for the wedding. Was looking forward to all our sons and family would be celebrating with us but DS#1 called to tell us that he and wife wouldn't be coming. DIL has been receiving chemo treatments for cancer and has been quite sick lately so she's isn't up to going. They are going to Cancer Center in Philadelphia today so would everyone please say a prayer that they hear some good news.

aliaslaceygreen
October 3rd, 2013, 08:20 AM
Good morning MAY! heading to a quilt show today, I hope to meet some friends and have fun and not spend too much $$$... haven't read here much the last few days...look forward to seeing whats been up when I can....take care!~

Monique
October 3rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Good morning friends. I have to work today and tomorrow at the post office in the church, so I have brought lots to keep me busy.

I did laundry yesterday and got it hung outside because they was a lovely breeze. Another beautiful day. My, how the leaves look beautiful this time of year.

This weekend is our big Oktoberfest. This little town will be swarming with people. I need to bring some things in, in case they get stolen. You just never know with this many strangers in town.

I caught the tail end of the youtube video with Jenny and Al. Pretty cool.

Well that's it for me today. Have a wonderful day everyone.

MRoy
October 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Good Morning May. I hope your DIL gets good news today. I slept long and hard last night, approx 10 hours worth! I had been waking often during the nights so I guess my body was trying to make up for that. I'm still drowsy so I'm drinking my first cup of coffee and trying to get awake for the day.

I ran errands for DH and cut the grass yesterday. I can tell the grass is finally beginning to slow down growing...Yay!

buckeyequilter
October 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
Good morning.....

Getting my day started but thought I would check this first. Prayers for you DIL, May.

After work I am going to put my sister's quilt back on the frame and re-quilt the bottom border. There is one tuck on the back that I'm not real happy with but I'm not taking it out because I would have to rip out 1/2 the quilting. I told her about it and told her not to look to closely, so of course that is what she will look for.

I need to get my sewing room put back together.....maybe I'll make that a Saturday project.

Sounds like the gang that went to Hamilton is have a great time!! Can't wait to see more pics.

Well back to work.....have a great day!

Lonna
October 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
May will keep your DIL in my prayers today and pray for good news. Wayne has a chemo treatment today and once again I have to work. No getting out of work today we have a meeting today at the main office. Not looking forward to that. Seems as if something is going on and no one is letting us know what is going on. Hope it is nothing and just my own insecurity acting up. I work in a small office for the last seven years it has just been me and one other person. Now Jay is semi retired and they have brought in another person about two months ago. But last week they sent over one of the girls from the main office to train. Been told she is being trained so if Jay wants to total retire we will have a back up. Also incase I have to be out because of Wayne. None of this would have bothered me if this girl had not come in and totally redone my office and moved all my stuff around. She is being mighty pushy for someone who is just suppose to work in my place one day a week so I no longer have to work six days a week. Oh well only time will tell.

Lisapc
October 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
May: Prayers to your DIL. Such a difficult thing to go through. I hope you have great time at the wedding and so what if you didn't accomplish much on your to do list. You deserve a break now and then you know!

Lonna: Always praying for you and Wayne and extra prayers today for your job. I really hope your meeting goes well.

I am not having a great morning, I couldn't sleep and woke up all puffy and ouchy so I am going to lay on the couch despite the pile of things I should do. I just hope I wake up and get up when hubby calls later.

Prayers to all!

Kelly F
October 3rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Sending prayers up!

Miss Sheri
October 3rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Good Morning Friends!
Hugs and prayers for May's granddaughter, Lisa, and Lonna. May you each be blessed according to your individual needs today, both in body and in spirit.

I just want to say, I love being part of this kind hearted community of friends. My heart just overflows with happiness because of each of you. Have a lovely day to one and all.
~Sheri

Quilted Fantasies
October 3rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
And also to you, Sheri. What a nice and true thing to say about this forum

I just want to say, I love being part of this kind hearted community of friends. My heart just overflows with happiness because of each of you. Have a lovely day to one and all.
~Sheri

lilmouse
October 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
It is late afternoon here and I am dragging...I slept too much...should have gotten up at the crack of dawn instead of going back to sleep...I might have gotten more done that way....prayers going up for all!