PDA

View Full Version : WOW, It is October 1st today

Monique
October 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM
Where did September go?

I spent the whole day re-organizing my sewing room to make better use of the space. It's looking not to bad. Needless to say I did not get any sewing or quilting done at all.

Tonight we have our auction at our meeting. It should be a lot of fun. I have two totes and a Christmas runner to take for the auction. I hope they like them.

I will finish up the sewing room today.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and all of you at MSQC, have a fabulous time. Say hi to Jenny for me.

MayinJerset
October 1st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Good Morning, Good job Monique re-organizing up your sewing room. My room needs some going over too. I have some fabrics in large IKEA totes and have been going through them weeding out tiny scraps and making use of the leftover blocks by turning some of them into doll quilts. Totes could use new labels too as I've combined some fabrics like Girls, Boys and Babies now are together in one tote.

Still trying to re-organize my downstairs since we redid the TV room. Finally have sectional, slipper chair and new TV cabinet but have to remove old cabinet and a small book cabinet but where to put them? DS#3 is in the process of buying a house and maybe he could use them but how to get them to him in MA? Too big a problem for me to tackle this morning until I have another cup of coffee.

This morning I need to finish folding and bagging the pillowcases from Saturday's Sew In. Between the ones sewed by the group on Sat. and the ones dropped off by members who sewed some at home there are 113 pillowcases. Just a few more and I'm done until we distribute them next month. This afternoon I have to finish reading To Kill a Mockingbird as my small quilt/book group meets tonight and we will be discussing it.

M* Retreat is finally here and we know all the gals are really having a ball. Can't wait to hear their reports and see the photos.

Miss Sheri
October 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Good Morning Friends,

I've awoken in a lovely mood, so heres hoping it lasts the whole day through. I'll wish my youngest sister a happy birthday today, so happy thoughts of her are a good start too. I just returned from a weekend trip to Orlando, FL with my husband to see his brother's family. It was fun, and fast, and now I have household tasks to catch up on.

I have a single Irish Chain quilt top I keep wanting to get back to, but I neglected my yard for most of the summer because it was so hot, so I REALLY need to give it some daily attention for a couple of weeks to get it ready for winter. Put my house in order first, then I can sew while the wind blows and have no guilt.

Have a lovely day,and scatter a bit of sunshine wherever your day takes you. Here's and extra happy 'shout out' to all our lucky friends getting together in Hamilton, Missouri today, enjoy every second of your enviable week together!

Hugs, Prayers, and kindest wishes to one and all.
~Sheri

CrazyMtnLady
October 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM
Good Morning everyone. It is a chilly, foggy morning here in Missouri. But it is suppose to warm up nicely today. The only problem with our continues warm weather is the leaves are not changing into their Fall colors that I love so much.

The dogs are still snoring beside me and have not even woke up to go outside yet. So I am enjoy a nice leisurely morning coffee in bed with my laptop and watching Good Morning America. Their set is all Pink today for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I am going to kick myself in the behind today and sit at my sewing machine and try to get a table runner finished I started some time ago. I need to get something done before I forget how to sew...LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Lisapc
October 1st, 2013, 10:32 AM
I am here very late this morning because I just had stuff to do that couldn't wait. I spent a lot of time in my sewing room yesterday and even though I did some sewing and a lot of organizing it looks worse than when I went in. I have a plan for it and yet I can't seem to reach that goal. Trying to make room for my new table and sewing machine and I just can't figure out how to make it work. Then hubby pokes his head in to help, NOT! He tried and that is what counts.

I have errands and a meeting and another today. Busy day but if it all works out I am going to be living a dream I didn't even know I had until a few months ago. I am tired but blessed because life is good.

I can't wait to start hearing from everyone at M*. It should be a lot of fun for us that didn't go as well.

Prayers to all who need them and that includes the one that don't even know they need them.

nyscpa2be
October 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Its October 1, and the US has furloughed 800,000 workers. Great day - not. I'm just hoping the Federal Reserve isn't included, as I have bank transactions I need to complete.

I've got dishes and laundry to do today, as well as more sewing. I need to finish the candy corn dresden, and work on the Christmas cathedral windows table runner.

buckeyequilter
October 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Good morning...

Took my daughter to the ER on Sunday night...she has a kidney stone and hasn't passed it yet. Went and go some different meds for her this morning....so she's off work for a few days. Trying to get her to drink more water but it comes right back up....she was able to keep some 7 up down so we got her some carbonated water to see if she can drink that. She's taking meds by mouth for nausea...but we got suppositories today (sp?).....the pharmicist said that should really help her. So hopefully she'll pass the stone soon.

I got my sister's quilt all quilted and now am in the process of ripping the quilting from the bottom border...had some oopsies there. But I will get it done! At least the stitches are large enough that they are easy to remove.

All this talk about organizing and cleaning....that is what I need to do and now with the cooler weather maybe I'll feel like getting it done.

Need to get back to work...have a great day!

nyscpa2be
October 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM
Shirley - that sounds awful for your daughter. I had a kidney infection a few years ago, so I can understand the pain level - prayers that she gets better soon!

aliaslaceygreen
October 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM
Good morning!! Can't BELIEVE it's October... my ToDo list has swelled to frightening proportions!!! Yikes...
Close at work two days, then the Original Sewing and Quilt show Thurs and then I REALLY need to buckle down and do stuff!!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

(((hugs)))

Lisapc
October 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Shirley - that sounds awful for your daughter. I had a kidney infection a few years ago, so I can understand the pain level - prayers that she gets better soon!

I agree, your poor daughter. I hope she feels better soon. Such a hard thing for a mother to watch their child in pain.

Kat 2
October 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Good morning everyone.....Have been trying to check out the healthcare info since it looks like I'm going to lose my health insurance as of 1-1-14. Have a lot to get done today since yesterday did not get much done ( we lost power for several hour). Shirley hope you daughter feels better soon, have know a few people that have kidney stones and they can be awful.

Kathy

toggpine
October 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Good morning!
I did get paid yesterday! I'm off to make a run to the feed mill, since the girls would like grain in exchange for their milk. I'll also be picking up an application to be a school lunch lady while I am out. My current employment is a little shaky at the moment. I'd rather be prepared than scrambling.
I have most of the stuff shifted around in my sewing space, now to finish purging the extra stuff that has ended up in there. I think I'll be glad to get the office out of there in the long run. I'll miss the computer in there with all of the iTunes I had loaded on. Oh well.
I had better get on with it or the day will be gone before I know it!
You all have a good one!

Bubby
October 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM
It's October 1st and I can't believe our government has shut down! I hope we all remember this the next time we vote!!

Being October 1, it's Open Enrollment for the State of Missouri, DHs employer. I've been online all day reading our options and getting us signed up. Even the head of Personnel can't answer questions about Obamacare (should it pass) and how it would alter our options for health care choices. Between Obamacare, Medicare and private insurance it's a mess to deal with!!

I should shuck it all and sew instead..but I have to run a few errands and then I'm off to Cuba to inspect the apartment of a belligerent tenant. My car is having some issues, so I hope I make it. It needs to go into the shop for a little look-see. I think the issue is with my gas cap not staying tightly closed. I bought a new cap and the new one is doing the same thing!

I hope you are all having a good day. Barb