PDA

View Full Version : More prayer yet!

mom4him
September 30th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I feel like I am a prayer hoarder. LOL
Last night as I was putting Richard to bed and I discovered a rash on his thigh. I knew it was cellulitis and that it hadn't been there when I got him up. It was already the size of a good sized muskmellon and he was having chills. Yup, back out of bed and off to the ER we go then on to the RapidCity ER. That was about 11:30 last night. It was about 9:15 and when a nurse came in to tell us that they had a bed for him on 5th floor. Got him to his room about 10:30, by 12 I was able to come home. He is doing ok as the fever didn't get a chance to get high so he is ok with me not coming back until tomorrow morning after M's appointment with the neurosurgeon. Hopefully Richard won't need to be in but a couple more days and that we have some firm answers concerning Mariah.

At this point I am feeling pretty maxed out and with almost no sleep last night, totally exhausted. I did get a couple of hrs when I came home and plan on simply going back to bed as soon as our supper is over.

I know that so many of you are prayers. I have been completely blessed with this group.

Lisapc
September 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Jeeze, when it rains it pours huh? I am praying for you and your family. You are in my daily prayers and will continue to be.

Lonna
September 30th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Prayers are coming your way. There can never be too many!

PeggyM
September 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Prayers from here, as well.

Miss Sheri
September 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Sandy, it is a priveledge to add my prayers in your behalf. Hang in there friend.

HandsOffItsMine
September 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Prayers and healing light heading Richard's way! Prayers for the family!

Huggers, Ruby

pcbatiks
September 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Sandy, don't worry about asking for too many prayers.....like Lonna said...there is no such thing as too many. Praying that you will get a much needed good night sleep and prayers that everything will fall quietly into place for you and the family.

SallyO'Sews
September 30th, 2013, 08:48 PM
(((SANDY))) Praying for you and your children, dear one.
Blessings, ~Sally \0/

GuitarGramma
September 30th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Prayers on their way!

MayinJerset
September 30th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Yes, don't worry about asking for too many prayers, we have more than enough to go around. Hope Richard does well in hospital and you get some good answers for Mariah.

SuzyQue
September 30th, 2013, 09:05 PM
More prayers said from here. Go get some rest! You have to take care of you, so you can take care of them!

Judy~Ann
September 30th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Sandy, I am sending prayers for you and your family too. Our God is good

easyquilts
September 30th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Good Grief.... That's way too much stress for one person.... You've got my prayers.

Monique
September 30th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I will add you to my prayers, Sandy.

Judy, USMC
September 30th, 2013, 11:18 PM
My prayers added to the others!

quiltingtrish
September 30th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Adding my prayers. I hope you get some sleep tonight. Prayers for that also.

Hugs,

lilmouse
October 1st, 2013, 12:53 AM
Adding my prayers as well!

auntiemern
October 1st, 2013, 12:57 AM
Dang girl you need a break. Prayers for Richard and the family.

mom4him
October 1st, 2013, 10:44 PM
Thank you so much, EVERYONE!

Had Mariahs appointment this morning but didn't really learn a lot. Didn't even ask most of the questions I had as the first couple the Dr. simply said he doesn't deal with this so didn't know. Mariah will be going to Mayo but not sure just when yet. They will be sending some paper work that we need to fill out and get sent back. They will then call with appointments.

Richard will hopefully be getting out of the hospital on Thursday so that is a plus.

ilive2craft2
October 1st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Sandy, you and your family are in my daily prayers. Glad that you caught the rash for Richard, so that it could be dealt with so quickly. Hope you can get some rest before he comes back home from the hospital - you have to take care of you, so that you can continue taking care of them. You can never have too many prayers!

PeggyM
October 1st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Still in prayer. ((()))

Kaytessa
October 1st, 2013, 10:54 PM
May God grant you a huge bundle of his tender mercies.

Beakkmom
October 1st, 2013, 11:06 PM
Still praying for you and your family, He loves each of you so very much!

Andrea F
October 3rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
I am sending strength and positive thoughts your way. Donīt forget to take care of yourself too!

Bubby
October 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
I'm praying for you and your family Sandy. Hugs, Barb

mom4him
October 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Wanted to update everyone.
It looks very hopeful that Richard will be coming home today. Talked to the Dr yesterday and beings there is a blizzard coming our way tomorrow,(freezing rain turning into snow with high winds) she agreed to try to expidite his dismissal as long as everything is going well this morning. He was started on the oral anti biotic in the middle of the afternoon yesterday and they really want min. of 24 hrs to watch that everything is going in the right direction but felt they could make good assessment this morning and go with it.

Now we just need to get the paper work here for Mariah so we can get that process going. Hoping it will be in the mail today.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and encouraging words/thoughts. God is good ALL the time.

dwil23
October 3rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Sandy, I haven't been here much in the last few days and somehow missed this thread. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. You are strong, faithful and courageous beyond belief. I pray for the medical team working with your children that they will be divinely guided and you will soon have the answers that you need. Hope that you can get everything done and everyone home so that you can "hunker down" before the bad weather hits.

(((HUGS)))

Lilly
October 3rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
Praying - I thought I was in the wrong month when I saw the "blizzard" coming! Really?

mom4him
October 3rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
Richard did come home today. We can get back to our 'normal'.
Yes, Lilly, we are supposed to have blizzard conditions by tomorrow. It is raining like crazy now. In the hills they could get as much as 2 ft. LOL I love where we live. You just never know.

ilive2craft2
October 3rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
Glad you are all home together and can hunker down for the storm. Continuing to keep all of you in my prayers. I also did a double take when I saw the blizzard and snow.... we are having 80's and thunderstorms....

PeggyM
October 3rd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Whaaatttt? It's tooo early for parkas and boots. Glad to hear Richard is home. I'm sure it's beautiful where you live, but I know I would never make it through a winter. I turned the space heater on last week when the temperature plummeted to 65. Winter is long enough for me here.

grammakim04
October 3rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
You can never ask for too many prayers. Will keep praying for your family.
Please remember to take care of yourself thru all of this, your family needs you strong & healthy.

Kim

mom4him
October 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Woke up this morning to 4 inch of snow and no power. UGH! Never good when you have a quad living in your home. We had planned on getting a generator last spring with some of our tax return but it was about 1/2 of what it has been in the past and the money ran out long before the bills.

We now have about 9-10 inches of snow, trees are broken all around us but the power is back on. AHHHHHH! warmth.

Kat 2
October 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. Hope your power is restore before to long. And to think we lost power for around 4 hours the other day and I was whining about that. Hope things get better for you.

mom4him
October 4th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Oh, my, 80? I just saw we now have gotten 14 inchs snow.
I love the Black Hills though. I believe it is one of the best places on planet earth. Well, as long as the power stays on. LOL

alliek
October 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Sandy prayers for healing,peace and joy being said. God Bless (((())))