PDA

View Full Version : A request for these old eyes

Hulamoon
September 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Well, I'm not that old but my eyes are. Most of the time I can't find my reading glasses.

I'm coming across some posts that aren't broken up into paragraphs. Nothing against it, but I can't read them. It's a big blur and can't read the whole thing, even though I want to.

This is just a suggestion :)

bkthomas
September 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Very good idea! I usually hit the size button too and click on #4

cyndiofthevortex
September 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I agree that smaller paragraphs are much easier to read than long ones, no matter what you're reading.

I couldn't read a thing without my reading glasses!

kensington
September 30th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I put my screen size to 125%, it's just enough to read easily.

Kgrammiecaz
September 30th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Great suggestions!!! Smaller paragraphs are much easier to read. And I really like the size idea.

Carol336
September 30th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I agree...shorter paragraphs are so much easier on these old eyes. Thanks for the suggestion Lorie

Miss Sheri
September 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Lorie that was a great suggestion, I just wish I would have read this post before I responded to 12 Angry Night Owls.

Lisapc
September 30th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Good ideas, thank you. I have worn reading glasses since I was 8 yrs old and just recently I am finding I am having a hard time seeing at all except when I am at the sewing machine. Bigger font, great advice!

ilive2craft2
September 30th, 2013, 07:32 PM
You can change your default font, size and color on the my settings tab, so that you don't have to remember to change it. Hope my font choice is ok--I have the same issues.

I try to remember to break up into paragraphs, but sometimes, I just keep typing. I think it is the lack of sleep.

Pandabear
September 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I read from my iPad and have to pinch the screen bigger. I'm not ready for my eyes to be old.

Genny
September 30th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I put my screen size to 125%, it's just enough to read easily.

Mine is set at 135%.

Hulamoon
October 2nd, 2013, 06:35 AM
Just bumping :)

snippet
October 4th, 2013, 04:19 AM
I didn't know you could change the size. well I did know but never bothered. I'll bump up my font size from now on.

Sheena
October 4th, 2013, 04:41 AM
I can't find the link to font size in settings. Where is it? can anyone help me?
​This is font size 7. Big!

aliaslaceygreen
October 5th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Shorter paragraphs are easier to read for anyone, because they help you finish thoughts, process and move on. One huge clump of text comes off, to me, very often as rantish and I can't always be bothered to keep reading.

When you hit enter twice, you get a paragraph. Not that difficult. And so much easier on the eyes.

Now, if I could only stop adding two spaces after every period when I am on Twitter and limited to 140 characters, I could rule the world!! (Sr. Jane lives on in my world!)

Renate
October 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Without my reading glasses I am absolutly helpless (for all Singles: good possibility to start a talk with somebody "Would you please be so Kind and read forme, if this are pinapples or beans in tomato Sauce").
Therefor I have reading glasses all over the house and the Office. I don`t want to wear it at a necklace when putting it off. because than it is always disturbing. that`s why best is to have at least some and everywhere.

Hulamoon
October 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Without my reading glasses I am absolutly helpless (for all Singles: good possibility to start a talk with somebody "Would you please be so Kind and read forme, if this are pinapples or beans in tomato Sauce").
Therefor I have reading glasses all over the house and the Office. I don`t want to wear it at a necklace when putting it off. because than it is always disturbing. that`s why best is to have at least some and everywhere.

I was doing that too. One in my sewing room, car, purse. But now I misplaced one. I need to go get one of those four packs. lol

PeggyM
October 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Would it be wrong to ask that people stop stringing three periods or three commas in the middle of a sentence? I find it hard to follow.