PDA

View Full Version : I bit off more than I could chew. And news of Seamus

Divine Daisy
September 30th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I know I haven't been around, I am still here and reading though.

I have been so busy trying to get stock together for the Oxford Christmas Fair, but I have decided after trying very hard that I just don't have time to do it justice. So I have cancelled my chalet at Oxford and am going to do much smaller Christmas fairs locally. I won't be able to sell the big quilts I have made I am sure but they can go into stock ready for next year. If I put a project away once a month and do stockings and santa bags a few at a time all year then I will have enough stock without the panic. I am at peace with this decision and have de stressed at lot since making it.

Now to Seamus, my big lummox of a Main Coon. Many of you know him well and the adventures he has. Well his latest two favourite place to visit have been the Health Centre where he sits with patients while they wait to see the Dr and the Hairdressers. The trouble is that wherever he decides to grace with his presence he is welcome because he is such a big old bear with a heart of gold. He has continued his nights out at the pub and his sunday mornings at Church.

Yesterday afternoon he was coming home from........who knows from where to be honest.......... and he was hit by a car. He was very lucky, it clipped his head but he was able to make it home. We rushed him to the emergency vet who treated him for shock and abrasions to his head and face. Last night I sat up with him all night and today he is much much better. What a lucky boy! We have decided that we must keep him in for the next couple of months in the hope of breaking his visiting habits, at least the ones across the road. He is not a happy camper about this, already kicking the cat flap with intent to smash the door down.

What was incredibly sweet about all of this is that one of the customers at the pub saw the car hit him and that he staggered off. The drinkers at the pub went out in pairs for two hours to try and find him! How amazing is that? Oddly, non of them thought of calling here lol. Today he has had visiters from the pub, hairdressers and the vicar! Oh to be so popular huh?

So he is still with us, if a little grumpy. He has used up one of his nine lives....... I hope he still has another 8 to work with and that he doesn't just have one left because I have a feeling he will be off visiting again when he gets the chance.

bkthomas
September 30th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Oh Dear! My heart stopped when I read he was hit by a car!!! Prayers for Seamus! So glad you have him still!!!

nyscpa2be
September 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Oh my gosh - that is awful, but happy at the same time! I hope he heals soon! Seamus sounds like the town mascot!

Musical_Starling
September 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Oh Seamus! Lots of healing hugs and kisses headed your way from across the pond from both me and The Giant. I tell him all of your Seamus stories dear Daisy and he loves them as much as I do :) Get better soon Seamus! And look both ways before crossing from now on!!

Swedish leo
September 30th, 2013, 05:29 PM
How nice to see you again!

I understand your decision about the fair. It migh loose itīs fun if all you do is stress.
Better to do as you said. small amounts for longer time . Good luck!

And what a lucky cat Seamus is! My heart drop to my shoes when I read that he has been struck by a car..

So glad that he seams to be ok now and I am so glad for him that his friends coming to visit him!

Have a nice day/evening

Hugs

Annika

Lonna
September 30th, 2013, 05:29 PM
So glad that Seamus is ok. I am sure no matter how long you keep him in he will keep on visiting once he is free to roam once again. I know my Little Ms. is the same way. We are not sure what breed she is but looking a pictures of Maine Coon cats she looks very similar. And she is also just a big old teddy bear of a cat. She just wandered up here one day and made this her home. But she still has her territory that she has to check out every day come rain or shine.

Good luck with your local craft fairs!

Grandma G
September 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I am glad to hear that you are at peace with your decision about the Oxford Christmas Fair. Now you can work at a pace you can live with and be ready next year.

As for Seamus - oh, goodness - he does make life interesting. Just this weekend I shared with my DH about Seamus's antics and when you just posted this one I immediately read it to him. He says he feels like Seamus is an old friend to all on the forum.

I am glad Seamus is okay and I think, like you, he will be out visiting again as soon as he gets the chance. I love reading about his antics but I wish he was more careful! I guess he feels like everyone (as in humans) should watch out for him.

Take care of "our" Seamus and yourself!

bakermom
September 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Oh seamus, STAY HOME!

Really , hope the guy is feeling better. one lucky cat!

Miss Sheri
September 30th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Daisy, you are such a sweetheart, I love hearing from you. And SEAMUS, oh my, so glad he came out ok, what a night that must have been for you.

dwil23
September 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Oh my goodness, Seamus you must not do that again. You and your family are so fortunate that you survived. My little Daisy was not so fortunate just last Monday. Please be careful next time.

Andrea F
September 30th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Glad to read that your Seamus is okay! What a nightmare.

K. McEuen
September 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I'm glad that Seamus is ok, but had a good laugh at the thought of pairs of tipsy drinkers wandering around town calling "Here kitty, kitty, kitty."

quilter.martha
September 30th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Oh I am so glad Seamus is OK. I love the stories about his visits. He is one special cat.

PeggyM
September 30th, 2013, 06:52 PM
So glad Seamus will recover. What a lucky cat to gave such good friends.

Lisapc
September 30th, 2013, 06:54 PM
So scary, poor Seamus. I am sending a prayer for his healing and maybe to curb his wandering ways.

As for taking on more than you can chew, I support your decision and you know what is best for you and your work.

Monique
September 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Happy to hear Seamous is ok. Glad everything is ok with you as well.

Doloris
September 30th, 2013, 07:27 PM
so glad to hear Seamus is ok. You might need to get some reflective tape and sew it to his shirts and make him wear them when he goes out after dark. Or just find him some reflective shirts. I don't think you will break him of wandering, and by the sounds of it the rest of the town would miss him dearly.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 30th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Daisy, so good to hear from you, but sad that your Seamus was hurt. I am so glad he is going to be OK. As for the craft fair, you did bite off a big ol' chunk, and I was afraid you were going to make yourself frantic getting it all done! I'm glad you can take things at an easier pace and can plan for doing the big fair next year!

Klasien is with me now, we're having a blast together! She is a born shopper, and so am I! We speak of you often, like you were just in the room with us a minute ago! Miss you, dear friend!

Joan@DebtofGratitude
September 30th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Seamus is such a GREAT name for a pet. So happy for you and Seamus. A few months ago I ran over my new coonhound, Lily. I thought I had surely killed her, but the vet checked her out and she was fine except for a few abrasions and a split tail. Those puppy bones are pliable. The good news is she doesn't get near my tires now.

MRoy
September 30th, 2013, 08:32 PM
It's so good to hear from you Daisy. If you are at peace with your decision, that's all that really matters. I'm glad Seamus is okay. He's quite a feline character!

MayinJerset
September 30th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Seamus is a roving kind of guy, he better be careful as he has only 8 lives left.

Good luck at the local Christmas Fairs, happy that you changed venues to keep the stress down.

alliek
September 30th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Seamus is loved so much, he is an example to everyone. So glad it wasn't more than what it was. I hope he gets back to health soon and behaves himself inside for awhile. Just love cats.

auntiemern
September 30th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Oh honey, so sorry to hear about your poor Seamus. Just make him mind and behave like any kid. Love ya, GF. Praying that you are doing well.

lilmouse
October 1st, 2013, 01:13 AM
Poor Seamus and Daisy too.....hope you get some rest and only you know what will work best for you...have missed you allot!

Madeforyouinma11
October 1st, 2013, 04:39 AM
Oh Daisy, it's so good to hear from you! Good luck at the smaller local fairs and what a good decision to save the big one for next year. It's not worth all of the stress. Maybe now we will get more visits from you here in the forum. I love your stories, whatever the subject, but I especially love your Seamus stories.
I was so scared when you said he was hit by a car, but so relieved to hear that he is ok. I think you will have an angry kitty for awhile or maybe lots of visitors to see how he is doing...lol
It was very good hearing from you..keeping you and Seamus in my prayers.

nana margaret
October 1st, 2013, 07:35 AM
Poor Seamus, he seems to have become quite the village character! I'm pleased he wasn't more badly hurt and is on the mend.

I think you've made the right choice about the Oxford Christmas fair, it was a lot to do in too short a time - much better to do the smaller local ones and enjoy them.:icon_bigsmile:

twnkeyes
October 1st, 2013, 09:01 AM
Oh my! I'm so glad he's on the mend! I've never been a cat person but the more I read of Seamus and Main Coons I'm thinking I'd adore one!

bdmsmith
October 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
As I was reading your post I caught myself holding my breath fearing what you were going to say. I'm so glad he's ok. I know what it's like to worry about animals. We have a large gray/white 'Tom' cat and he is my 16 year old son's cat. That cat really loves that boy! But, now that we have 2 Westies and a doggie door, Tom decides to go in and out as he pleases and I worry about him and fear that he's going to come up missing. He sleeps on the bed with my son and my son absolutely adores that cat.

My son Morgan tends to have animals flock to him, it's really weird. Tom knows when the bus is going to run and about 330 he comes and sits on the couch every day because he knows the bus will be coming soon---very weird.

Previously we had 'Mama Kitty' and we had her for several years, again she was my sons cat. One day when Morgan was about 10 he was sick with a slight fever and he was laying in bed and I went in to check on him and saw the absolute weirdest thing----she was laying by his head and was stroking his forehead with her paw---very odd. When she had her litter she would be nursing them and if she heard Morgan she would get up and go check on him. I really believe she was his guardian angel. Over the years when we've had inside dogs they always either lay on his bed or lay in the doorway of his room and it always felt they were watching my 3 boys because they could see all their bedrooms from there----really weird.

CrazyMtnLady
October 1st, 2013, 10:34 AM
Oh my, poor Seamus, glad to know he is okay though. You should write a book about Seamus' adventures. I would buy the first copy!!!

Sandy Navas
October 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Get Well Quick, Seamus
http://www.smartgiftsolutions.co.uk/images/full/get-well-cat-bandage-f.jpg (http://www.smartgiftsolutions.co.uk/products/227-Get-Well/1531-Greeting-Card---Get-Well-Bandaged-Cat/)

janluna
October 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Hey Sandy, where did you get that picture of me? LOL Poor Seamus. He is such a mensch! He is the resident town guardian. I read your post to my DH and he literally gasped when I read that Seamus had been hit! My husband, who says he hates cats! He doesn't really. And cats know it. If our Sam had an abscess from an argument with the cat down the road, he always went to Joe, and would hold up his face so Joe could see his injury. Then he would hop up in Joe's lap, and hold his head still, as Joe lanced the abscess, and cleaned it out. Sam never made a sound. Would rub against Joe as if to thank him for the medical attention and then go on his way. If he had a burr, something in his paw, whatever, it was only Joe who could treat him. He came to me when it was time to eat. lol Or if he should bring something home for us. Like live garden snakes, mice, baby rabbits, birds. He would be really unhappy with me if I let them go. Cats are amazing creatures! Thanks for your stories of Seamus. We look forward to hearing more. We are so happy he wasn't seriously injured.
And, how are you and Mr.D doing? I haven't been on a lot lately. You are both in our prayers for healing. We'll add Seamus to the prayer list as well. {:0)
Take it a day at a time Miss Daisy. You really don't need any stress in your life after all you and Mr. D have been through. Blessing and Love, Jan L.

MartinaG
October 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM
He sounds like such a well-balanced cat: First he goes to church and gets inspired to help the sick. Then he goes and gets purdy so he can go to the bar. ...and that leads back to the church.

I am so glad that he survived his scrape with the car. You must have been beside yourself with worry. I don't think he will ever stop his roaming and I bet he wouldn't like a leash. Good luck, Seamus.

Miss Sheri
October 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM
As I was reading your post I caught myself holding my breath fearing what you were going to say. I'm so glad he's ok. I know what it's like to worry about animals. We have a large gray/white 'Tom' cat and he is my 16 year old son's cat. That cat really loves that boy! But, now that we have 2 Westies and a doggie door, Tom decides to go in and out as he pleases and I worry about him and fear that he's going to come up missing. He sleeps on the bed with my son and my son absolutely adores that cat.

My son Morgan tends to have animals flock to him, it's really weird. Tom knows when the bus is going to run and about 330 he comes and sits on the couch every day because he knows the bus will be coming soon---very weird.

Previously we had 'Mama Kitty' and we had her for several years, again she was my sons cat. One day when Morgan was about 10 he was sick with a slight fever and he was laying in bed and I went in to check on him and saw the absolute weirdest thing----she was laying by his head and was stroking his forehead with her paw---very odd. When she had her litter she would be nursing them and if she heard Morgan she would get up and go check on him. I really believe she was his guardian angel. Over the years when we've had inside dogs they always either lay on his bed or lay in the doorway of his room and it always felt they were watching my 3 boys because they could see all their bedrooms from there----really weird.

Teresa, that was a really cool story about your pets and your boys. I'm so glad you shared that.