PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday again?

Blondie
March 23rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/wgm.jpg

Good Wednesday Morning, Ladies
I can't believe that March is almost gone. Weather here is calling for some rain and then a big cool down. It's chilly right now but pleasant.
I made a handbag for my Sis yesterday; she was in need of a new spring one. I also have a few orders for some. Trying to figure out which fabric from my stash to use.

Cathy, sure hope that toe is just badly bruised. That hurts me just reading about it.

Sandy, my Mom has an old serger that she keeps forgetting how to thread. She says she will leave that to me so I can have a brain teaser one day. Yeah, right. Like I am just behind you Mom in the how did I do that dept?!

No clue what to make for dinner tonite. I have some chicken breasts thawing out. Any ideas?

Gracie the chi chi is beginning to fit in very well with Luscious and I. He is even speaking to her and occasionally giving her a pat. We had a brief but serious discussion about why we should/should not keep her. I won. She is a great little lap dog. I purchased a harness for her to go with the lead I already had. She loves to put her clothes on. LOL. I walked her down to Mom's and she was glad to see her.

Well, I am off to sweep, mop and then clean the bathrooms. Check in later.

suzette58
March 23rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
I agree with you about how fast the month has gone. Usually February goes fast for me but not this time. Oh well. I am at work trying to get motivated but it's not working. They think I come here to work. Geeeezzz. I thought it was to socialize. Today I am planning on getting to work on my blocks for the Moda Just One Star quilts. I have part of the fabric cut for 4 of them. I'll get them done this evening. Have a great day everyone

Monique
March 23rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Wednesday and I am still coughing up a storm. Made a remedy my mother used on us, molasses and ginger. It has actually calmed my cough a little. My chest is getting sore from all this coughing.

I have been working on my whole cloth quilt. I will try and get some pictures up soon. Nothing exciting today. Not warm but sunny.

Happy Wednesday all
Monique

twnkeyes
March 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
My mom has always told me the older you get, the faster time goes. I don't like it but it's true! I won't be quilting until I'm over the flu, ear and sinus infection. When I get sick I get it all overwith at once!

Blondie
March 23rd, 2011, 09:43 AM
Suzette, what a way to make a paycheck - Work!@ I hear you. When I am at work in the salon, I am supposed to be the entertainment. Sigh.
Monique and Twnkeyes, hope you both get to feeling better. That junk kept me down for 3 weeks. Like you, when I get sick, I GET SICK.
Now for the allergy season. I am prepared with zyrtec, eye drops and a love of all blooming things.

Loonwatcher
March 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hope all of you with hurt toes and sickness get better soon. For me, it's first day back to work...UGH! Had a very hard time waking up this morning. It's always nice to be back in your own bed. Have a great day everyone!

mamaquilt
March 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hopefully all you ladies forget about illness, hurts and age today and enjoy a sunny Wednesday, with some sewing, quilting or just relaxing.

greetings from Luxembourg

Shirley
March 23rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Morning ladies, Hope you all get to feeling better. Blondie, can we see a picture of Sis's new handbag? Love to look at everyones projects. I am making a litttle cell phone bag for a friend today. Have a great one ladies.

Sandy Navas
March 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
I"m headed to my sewing haven this morning - so will make this quick. The longer I spend on the computer the less I get done.

Hope everyone heals, gets well, doesn't hurt . . . all that good stuff. Hopefully the sun will shine and the day will be L O N G and productive.

patticakes
March 23rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hi all....just another day in paradise here! Ya right....
Will this cold EVER end? I am so tired of coughing and blowing my nose! Now the weather is supposed to take a dive back into 20 degrees and, YIKES!...snow! Ugh...like I said, paradise.
Cathy hope your toe is feeling better today...poor little thing!
Onetiredmamma....My daughter is a Special Ed teacher and teaches autistic students at the high school level. Right now she is doing a class on making a pillow. They have quite a few students and only 6 sewing machines so she had to come up with a project that would fit the students who are at a lower level. I suggested she try a fleece pillow in the same style as those cute tied fleece blankets. She said the students are working hard on this project and now all the students want to make one! They are such special kids and she feels so rewarded to reach them this way. I applaud your work in this area as I know how tough can be.
Nancy - glad you are safely back home. It stinks to have to go back to work..sigh.
Monique - sounds like we have the same thing...ick...feel better soon!
Blondie - I think you would be alot of fun to work with!
Sandy - You out there????
Jan - Hope you are warm and safe at home! At least this snow will be gone soon!
Gina - When's the big move??
Trish - Glad you got a visit from Odie. Hope it makes it back today!
Well...off to see what today holds.
As my brother used to say to everybody.....See ya in the spring when the bed breaks baby!
Patti

debinmalaga
March 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
Morning all! If I knew how to put in the little waving smiley face, it would be here!

LynneLeavell
March 23rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Good morning everyone. Patticakes sorry to hear about your weather. We are suppose to have 80 degree weather today in Georgia.
Blondie as for a suggestion for supper I'm having pork chops - potatoes - black eye peas and cornbread. Then hopefully some sewing tonight. To everyone that is sick and injured I hope you all get well soon.

Guess I need to get off this site and get to work. Been here since 10 and all I've done is checked out the forum and all the going ons.
The first thing I do is check out the daily deal and of course I order one at the deal price and then another one at regular price. I learned along time ago if you like something at least get two that way you have enough to do something with.

Oh well hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne Leavell

JVO
March 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
I agree if you Lynne I spend too much time on this site and not enough time sewing. Everyone a great Wed. I hope we get to see some sun this week sometime. All we have had is more snow I think since Sun we have had about 6 inches. Time for spring!

toggpine
March 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Morning All!
Bondie, I didn't want to hear that this thing hangs on for so long. Ugh. It's soooo much better than it was last week, but still. I'm tired of coughing, sneezing, and blowing too.
Trish I am glad that you got to spend some time with Odie. I am sure it helped his recovery time!
I am sorry that you all dread having to go to work. I have a few little jobs that I get from time to time. I like being able to get out of the house and bring in some much needed $. I have been there though, where you put in the time until the end of your shift so you can pay the bills. In those cases, I hope your day goes by quickly, so you can get back to what you really want to be doing.
Thanks for the well wishes. The toe hurts and is beautiful shades, but there isn't much you can do but try to keep from bonking it again and again.
I'm off to get a bit of sewing done before I have to put on the "Snack Mom" costume for preschool. I have to have the neighbor lady over today to house sit while we wait for the delivery guys to bring the new washer & dryer. Of course the ONLY time they could come was while I was at pre-school, unless I wanted to wait another few days. Grrr. No laundry being done for over a week is a very bad idea. I guess the new set will have a trial by fire.
When I get home from preschool we will spend some more time outside in this dry weather. I read on a mom blog that she made her kids get outside EVERYDAY. In the really bad weather they only spent a short time, but they went. I decided that I am going to try that too. We usually have an hour after school when it is still daylight. We ought to be able to play some soccer, harass the goats, and pull some weeds in that amount of time. We had fun at the beach in all kinds of weather. My husband wasn't so sure about letting her splash in the puddles, but it was only water. We had a washer & dryer in the condo, so no harm done, and she had a wonderful time doing it!
I had better get going, or I'll suck up my sewing time on the computer!
You all have a great day and take care of you and yours!
Hugs, Cathy

Onetiredmomma
March 23rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
Cathy, I know exactly what you mean about being outside. I feel that we do so much better with behavior after the kids have had fresh air. It doesn't take much: it even could be a quick visit to see our horses, but it helps.

I'm having a good day at home with the kiddos. I did have a meeting this afternoon, but luckily it was Short.
Have a good evening everyone and I hope you've all had a blessed day.

middlesis1966
March 23rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi girls. Im so sorry that you all are sick. I had this junk weekend before last. I was lucky in a way because I had to have a major antibiotic cause of the wb crash. I think this is what helped me get over it so quickly. Take care all. I love hot tea with lots of lemon and a bit o honey. Makes me feel all warm and toasty. Feel better soon all. BTW Im spraying my computer down so I dont get your germs, lol.
Im so glad that its almost the weekend. Lets just pray I can stay outa the hospial this time. Im starting to feel like Paula again and would like to sew abit.
I wanna know where the nice weather went. It has turned on us again. BBBRRRRRRRRR... Im a hot weather chic. This cold stuff is for the birds. You can tell its March weather for sure.
Sounds like CHI CHI is growing on LL. Hmmm I wonder if she will win his heart over and melt it. It sounds like shes on her way.
Stay well ladies and have a blessed evening in his name. Love you all
Paula
Miss you dear Jan. I hope all is well.

Blondie
March 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/GN/tiggerGE.gif

Hi Ladies
Cathy, sure hope you get over your mess quicker than I did. I really think I had a few different things hit me all at once. At least that is how it seemed to me.
Patti, love your bro's saying. Gave me quite a giggle. As far as fun to work with, let me share with you my motto on EVERYTHING: when the fun stops, I stop. I like to smile, sing, and wiggle my waggle around the chair at the salon. Let me tell you, the oldsters love it. They think I can dance. Nope, not me. But I can move. hahaha. If a Bob Seger song comes on the radio, they say "Blondie! There's your song! Let's dance".
Lynne, I made Bourbon chicken but with rum. It was yummy.
Shirley, I didn't take a picture of the handbag before I gave it to Cat. But it is the same Simplicity pattern that the other two bags in my photo album were made from.
Didn't get much sewing as I wanted done. Just some cut out.
Rented a DVD for hubs and I to watch; Charlie St. Cloud.
Thunderstorms kicking up the atmosphere here; getting offline.
Have a great evening kiddos.

ginampls
March 24th, 2011, 12:58 AM
i sign the lease may 14th... i know it seems like a long wa off. but i am so looking for ward to to it... i spoke to my mom she has my lil brother living with her and she offered to send send him to help me sort.... yeah i will take Robs help... but Ma.... what will you do... they live over by Fargo... and they are expecting massive flooding again this year...

My DD has the worst cough... but no fever... ARGH....!@^&*#$%^$%^.....phew... see ya all tomorrow...