PDA

View Full Version : Good morning...

buckeyequilter
September 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Wow...seems like a long time since I've been here. I'm still working on PIF gifts and a quilt. The quilt is taking forever and is for my sister. My sister had to go to the ER and they sent her a larger hospital in Columbus and then they sent her to a long-term care facility (which she didn't need). A couple of days ago they transferred her to a care facility in her home town. I will be going to visit her tomorrow. Hopefully she'll only have to be there a couple of weeks.

I guess since my mom and brother passed away so close together I feel that I need to get out and live a little. It has been a year since mom passed (doesn't seem possible). I am now getting back into the mood to quilt.

Well off to do some catching up :) I've been trying to place an order with MSQC but having some problems with the connection...so I'll try that again. I might just end up calling them.

Have a wonderful day!

Bubby
September 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Great hearing from you, Shirley!!! You have been missed. Barb

cyndiofthevortex
September 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I've really missed you! I'm so glad to see you again. I'm so sorry about your sister. It sounds like she's been going through a rough time of it.

We never forget those we loved and lost, do we? I know how much I still miss my mom and dad and it's been almost a decade that I lost them both.

Don't disappear again! You really are a part of this community and you really were missed.

MayinJerset
September 27th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Good Morning, Glad to see you back here,

Loving this cool weather, makes me plan to do so much. This morning I'll finish the last 2 doll quilts I've been working on, run the vacuum through the upstairs rooms and give that bathroom a quick clean up. DS#3 has been using it and he keeps it neat but it's time to change the towels and floor mats. Men, they would use the same towel and washcloth until they stood up by themselves before putting them in the wash. Me, I like a clean fresh towel and washcloth for every shower. This afternoon I'll do the downstairs bathroom. Got in the habit of getting the bathrooms done on Fridays from a co worker whose DH was a minister, she made sure house was in order on Friday night as their weekends were full of church duties and activities.

Tomorrow I'm holding a pillowcase sew in at my guild and Sunday we all are going out to the back yard to weed, weeds are 3 feet tall but they will be gone soon.

Doloris
September 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Glad to see you back again. Sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she is doing better, and you can get back to a more normal routine again.

Sandy Navas
September 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm just here to ditto all the above. You have truly been missed. Sounds as if you've had a rough time lately, so I pray all slows down and returns to somewhat normal for you. Don't hide from us though, we're always here for you.

MRoy
September 27th, 2013, 12:29 PM
It's good to have you back Shirley. I hope your sister gets home quickly.

bhaggerty
September 27th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Hope your sister is doing well! Glad you are doing well too! Hope to see you in November!!

auntiemern
September 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Shirley, so good to hear from you again. I had wondered where you got off to. Will be praying that your life settles down a bit, and you can visit with us again.

buckeyequilter
September 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone....just been a rough year. As many of you know I lost my mom and my brother about 4 months apart. In a little over a year we have lost 14 or 15 family members. Aunts, uncles, cousins....I had to pick and choose funerals to attend! Now I'm looking forward to get back to my quilting. I am finishing up a quilt for my sister, it has been on my frame for awhile now. Then I'll put a quilt for my great-niece on there and get it finished.

sally
September 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Welcome back...Sorry to hear about all your losses. Enjoy your quilting....I know it helps me during rough times.
Big hug coming your way!

ilive2craft2
September 28th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Shirley, it is so good to hear from you again! I am so sorry for all of your losses - you really have had a rough year! I hope that getting back in the sewing room will bring you some peace. Just looking (& petting) my fabric helps to soothe my soul when I don't have time to actually sew.

HdWench
September 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
welcome back Shirley - I'm so very sorry you were hit with so many losses I bet you did feel the need to get out and live! Hope your sister can return home soon, and your quilting helps sooth your soul.