PDA

View Full Version : Update on my new leaf.

Joan@DebtofGratitude
September 27th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hi friends,

It's Friday and I thought I'd give you an update on my "new leaf."

Monday I posted about starting to run again. Well, it's the end of the week and I ran three times: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 2 miles each time.

Thank goodness for the two ladies who get up at 5 am to meet me. They are the only reason I get out of bed. Monday and Wednesday I was the slow one, but today I smoked them! (It's not competitive and we never get too far ahead of each other without turning around and doubling back because we are running through a dark park and need to stick together, but it sure felt good to stride out today.)

Five years ago I was running 20 miles a week. This week I hit 6 and I hope to run again on Sunday for a total of 9. Baby steps, right?

Happy Friday all!

Lisapc
September 27th, 2013, 09:55 AM
It all starts with one step. I consider an email to a friend soliciting a commitment to try it with me my first step. You are becoming one the members I consider an inspiration. Keep up the great work and thank you for being an inspiration to me.

Joan@DebtofGratitude
September 27th, 2013, 10:29 AM
It all starts with one step. I consider an email to a friend soliciting a commitment to try it with me my first step. You are becoming one the members I consider an inspiration. Keep up the great work and thank you for being an inspiration to me.

You are so right. Reaching out is the first important step.

Before my mother died, she was ill and staying with me. She would watch me run in the morning and come home sweaty and red-faced and huffing and puffing. And she would say "Joan-Marie I don't know why you do that!" (Yes, my name is Joan-Marie :icon_neutral: ). Anyway, I would say, "Because it's better than the alternative, Mom." She didn't get it, but I meant better than not being able to run.

So anytime I do anything now . . . walk around the block, take the stairs, go for a run . . . I always tell myself it's better than the alternative (which is remaining sedentary). Every step counts. Of course I guess that's the whole rationale behind FitBit, huh?

Keep us posted if your friend takes you up on your invitation.

SallyO'Sews
September 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Go, Joan, go!! You are inspiring me!!