PDA

View Full Version : It's finally here. Welcome Friday.

Monique
September 27th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I don't see Blondie on this morning so I will start us off this morning. I spent yesterday making a Christmas version of the zig zag table runner. Another thing off my list. I have a very small quilt that I need to repair for a friend, two totes to make, and a quilt that needs to be hand quilted for Christmas. So much to do and so little time and so many projects in between.

On that note, have a wonderful day and enjoy the weekend coming up.

Smile, you are on candid camera, well not really.

Joan@DebtofGratitude
September 27th, 2013, 08:40 AM
TGIF friends! I'm really ready for it.

Shirley
September 27th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Everyone have a great weekend! I'm working on a gift for my SS.

Lisapc
September 27th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Thank goodness I am not on camera. My hair is a mess, I am in my jammies and sipping my third cup of coffee with droopy eyes. Today is a big one for me but if I keep in mind that my week ends with my Peter's and all the kids and my parents together this Sunday I can prepare it all with a smile.

Prayers to Blondie and her Mom and everyone else who needs them.

Kelly F
September 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Oh no. I have not been on lately and did not see anything about Blondie and her Mom. Prayers to you Blondie and your Mom. Thinking about you my friend!

Mom23
September 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Good Morning to All,

It's a beautiful morning here in Central Illinois. I have had a productive week, with lots more to get done before I leave for MSQC on Tuesday. Prayers for all who need them, especially Roxy in Hawaii and Blondie's sweet mama.

Blessings,
Robin

kelliedi
September 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
TGIF...no doubt....If i get through today with the witch at work i will have TWO WHOLE WEEKS where i don't have to work with her because between the combination of her taking off and me taking off it's two weeks. Kids will be at school too....i see quality (quilty) sew time in my immediate future. AND... today and tomorrow the amish fabric store is having their birthday sale. I'M GOING.... oh and i found out that my local glass company can cut my wedding ring templates outta plexiglass for me so i'll be able to make a lifetime quilt, you know the ones that you say sometime in my lifetime....this is one on my list. i'm doing hand springs and backflips....but only in my head my body would protest that.

anyway off to get through the work day over with everyone who needs prayer has them coming from my direction.

BUT MOST OF ALL SMILE, ITS FRIDAY!!

MRoy
September 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Good morning! I'm debating on going to a local festival today where there are craft vendors AND a fabric shop downtown in the middle of it all. One stop shopping!

CrazyMtnLady
September 27th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning. Sitting here in my jammies and drinking coffee. I have no oomph in me to get dressed and do anything. But I need to get moving. My neighbor Laurie took me to town yesterday so I now have some groceries in the house. I sure was getting low on things. She will be coming by today also so I can do some computer things for her. She is not into computers and doesn't have one, so I told her I would look up what she needs and help her out. She has been a great friend since Daniel has been in Michigan.

Daniel left his brother's house in Indiana yesterday to go back to Michigan and start loading up. So I look for him to finally be home within a week. I don't know how long it will take him to get everything packed. He is kind of excited about a possible job but isn't holding his breath. He isn't sure if the guy is for real or just blowing smoke. If he does get the job he will be working on a movie set in Texas in charge of the animal wranglers. Will let you know how things go. I told him not to get his hopes up until it's a done deal. Of course that means he will be gone again while the film is shooting. :(

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are expecting rain here.

Hugs and prayers to all.

dwil23
September 27th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Good Morning all!

It is overcast here again this morning - but oh so nice out!!!! A touch of fall. My DD and I will be heading to the east coast later on. We will spend the night with DS, DIL and DGS. DGS first birthday party is tomorrow! Can't believe it's been a year already. On the way, we will stop at my favorite (east Florida) quilt shop. I really must control myself, but just can't be that close and not stop. I'm a member of their "club" and get a free fat quarter every month. Free. Yep, that free fat quarter usually costs me $60. Not today. I must not spend that much. I keep telling myself. I will hit the all you can stuff into the bag for $4 scrap bin and the room where they have 1 yd cuts for $6. Don't really need anything, but you never know what you might find. Oh, and then I will also get that FREE fat quarter:icon_heh:. It is free after all!

Hope everyone has a blessed day and weekend. Prayers to all in need, both spoken and unspoken.

toggpine
September 27th, 2013, 11:26 AM
It looks as if our weekend will be filled with rain, and lots of it. Oh boy! No doubt that fall as arrived in the Northwest.

I have work today. Here is to hoping that she leaves me my pay check today. It's getting kinda bare in the grain barrel. She always pays me, but she's a bit ... eccentric, and our time lines don't always match up. It'll be a decent check when I get it.
Oh well. We'll make it work somehow.

There will be more tidying and sorting when I get home. It's amazing how much stuff I have acquired in just a few years of having the sewing room set up that way. Yikes! Although right now, most of the mess is papers from the filing cabinet I moved. A once a year purge of that baby is probably a good idea too. That'll be right up there with vacuuming under the fridge.

Well, this isn't getting the critter chores done and Missy ready for school. It was nice checking in with you all!
Make it a great one! Cathy

ksap
September 27th, 2013, 12:31 PM
It's a beautiful sunny day here in Kansas, suppose to be very warm, 87. I hope to sneak down to the basement as often as I can and get lots of quilting done this weekend.

Today I am taking my DS (my one and only son) to his appointment for a colonoscopy. He is 25 and has Crohn's disease so he has to have this procedure done every other year. I feel so bad for him, watching him go through this, the prep is awful!!! Can't understand why with all of the advances they have made through the years, they can't come up with an easier way to empty our colons. He will bounce back quickly though, he has already asked me if I thought we could get some BBQ for dinner tomorrow night. KC BBQ is his favorite. I think he definitely deserves a treat!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Granny Judy
September 27th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Hey there, Friends. I got here before noon today. Slow morning and friends who are visiting won't be back til this evening. He is the friend who did 2 tours in Iraq and his wife divorced him because he wouldn't do the 3rd..and leave her with all his income. Well, he has found a new love, remarried and became a minister. He is in town officiating a Marriage: his first. I just admire this young man so much.. (well he is in his 30's, but to me that is young!!)

I need to get this Halloween top quilt finished and out of the way so I can try to join in the Iron Quilter Challenge. My fabric was sent today, so I'll be getting it the first of the week to come. I have a pattern picked out, but not sure how it will translate with the required fabric.

Otherwise I am just enjoying the change of season and keeping up with life as it happens. Prayers and hugs going out to all. The Lord knows you and your needs.

bkthomas
September 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Thank goodness I am not on camera. My hair is a mess, I am in my jammies and sipping my third cup of coffee with droopy eyes. Today is a big one for me but if I keep in mind that my week ends with my Peter's and all the kids and my parents together this Sunday I can prepare it all with a smile.

Prayers to Blondie and her Mom and everyone else who needs them.

Lisa, I think you were right! Everyone does like Roxy best!!!!

Lisapc
September 27th, 2013, 08:26 PM
You two both have wit and quilting talent which is to be admired. But she is a new quilter and has not yet discovered her secret quilting talent like your Dresdens. We all eagerly await her development! I haven't found mine either by the way.