PDA

View Full Version : Still Thankful!

SallyO'Sews
September 26th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Hi, Everyone!

Right this minute, I'm thankful it's still Thursday, even if it's only for another hour and a half... :icon_rolleyes:

Today, I am thankful for my nephew, who is getting married this weekend. This happy occasion is causing our family to get together, including DS & DIL#1 and their 5 children... I get to see my grandkids!! :icon_woohoo:

Also, I am thankful for my DD#10, who today was accepted into college. Our baby will be heading off next August. Happily, DS/DIL#7 work for the University, so even though she will be ten hours away, she will be close to family. And DS/DIL#1 and their kids live half-way between here and there, so we can drive only half-way, spend the night, and drive the rest of the way the next day.

Now, if we could just get the boomerangs to leave... :icon_heh:

Hope you all have a glorious, gratitude-filled weekend!

Blessings,
~ Sally \0/

Lisapc
September 27th, 2013, 12:21 AM
I am so happy for you. Have a wonderful time at the wedding and seeing your grandchildren.

I am always thankful for my family.

SuzyQue
September 27th, 2013, 12:29 AM
I am thankful for the latest news that I just heard about Whitnee. The lump found in her upper leg bone is a cyst and not cancerous as they had thought. Praises for this good news. She is still digesting her semi-soft, bland diet. She is doing well. Thank you for all your prayers! God has been gracious and good!

SallyO'Sews
September 27th, 2013, 01:00 AM
I am thankful for the latest news that I just heard about Whitnee. The lump found in her upper leg bone is a cyst and not cancerous as they had thought. Praises for this good news. She is still digesting her semi-soft, bland diet. She is doing well. Thank you for all your prayers! God has been gracious and good!

Oh, Suzy, I'm so glad!! Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow!! Thanks for letting us know.

MayinJerset
September 27th, 2013, 04:33 AM
It is Friday here but still a good day to be thankful for family. friends and pretty good health.

dwil23
September 27th, 2013, 06:51 AM
I am thankful this week (and every week) for my precious grandson. He turned one on Wednesday. What a blessing he has been to all.

Suzy - must have missed the thread about Whitnee, but I am thankful with you.

JCY
September 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
1) I'm thankful DH's skin graft at his surgical site for the Moh's procedure for skin cancer on his ear is healing well. 2) I'm thankful my oldest son just got a different job; he'd been looking for months. 3) I'm thankful for the 1st grt. grandson, born Sept. 19, 8 lb. 6 oz., 21" long, healthy & so cute! My gr. dau. had to be induced, but at least she didn't need a C-Sec. All is well. 4) I'm thankful our home was spared in the recent flooding in Colo. So much devastation in our state. It's just heartbreaking. Many folks are displaced and/or have lost everything. It will takes months to years for roads & bridges to be rebuilt & for the recovery from this catastrophe. The nat'l news didn't show even 10% of what really happened here. Too many other blessings to list here, but God is faithful and helps us through the tough times of life. JCY