PDA

View Full Version : He Watches Over Me

auntiemern
September 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM
He really does. :D DH was out of town hunting for a couple days, and was due back yesterday. He was gone, and I drove to the bank (about 5 miles) to make a deposit. While I was sitting there, oblivious to everything but the task at hand, the lady in the vehicle next to me yells at me that my van has smoke or something coming out from under to he hood. I turn it off right away. It took me all of 5 seconds to go into complete panic mode. My brain is going 90 to nothing. This is great, where is DH when I need him. I don't need this right now, I am supposed to go to M* in a few days. Our regular mechanic is to far away for me to drive it to hem. But about 100 yds away, is this 'shop' that has been there for years, but looks like a mess. (that is putting it mildly) So I drive it over there. One of the mechanics comes out to look, and lo and behold it is my radiator. He showed me where the fluid was squirting out. Ok, what the heck is this gonna cost me? Is it going to affect my trip. (as in how the heck long is this gonna take) Good thing daughter lives 3 minutes away, and is off to come rescue me.
Long story short, (I no it is to late for that), my van was fixed. Brand new radiator, and $475 later, I will make it to M* on Monday.
Just happy it happened now, and not half way between here and Hamilton :D

Jen7
September 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM
As you said, thank goodness it happened at home, not on the road and potentially ruining your trip! So glad it all worked out and that you are alright.

Madeforyouinma11
September 26th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Wow, you were definitely being watched over. That could have been serious had you not been close to home. Now you can make your trip with peace knowing your van is safe for travel.
I hope all you ladies have a wonderful time and don't forget about the rest of us here at home waiting for pics, videos and anything else you can throw at us.

bec
September 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I love it when a person sees their glass is half full (vs. half empty)... :) Have fun at the MSQC get-together!

MayinJerset
September 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Glad that HE was watching over you and now you are all set for your trip to M*, less to spend on fabric but you will be there with the group as planned.

K. McEuen
September 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Glad it happened now instead of out away from home. We would have had to send out a rescue party!

Iris Girl
September 26th, 2013, 03:28 PM
So happy you were not on the road, and can now have piece of mind for your trip. And please don't forget us not going we want lots of pics please. Enjoy!!

MRoy
September 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Yep, HE was watching over you. Have a safe trip to MSQC!!