PDA

View Full Version : Thursday, I think

Blondie
September 26th, 2013, 06:46 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies!
I had to double check to make sure it is really Thursday, so yep, I am still sort of in step, in tune, but then why do I feel out of place, out of the loop?

Mom was transported to the big city hospital on Tuesday for surgical procedure. Yesterday before they could do surgery we thought they were going to do, they performed a venogram and discovered several clots formed around her port. Instead of removing the port yesterday, she was instead given huge amounts of clot busting stuff. Hopefully today the port will be removed. More on all of this later when I get my thoughts together and more cohesive. After work this morning I will drive again to the city with Sis. When this is all over and Mom is back home again, I will most likely be with her for time, leaving me computer-less.

I have received several pm's with questions about the Secret Buddy Swap - I will try to answer soon. Be patient. I haven't had enough coffee in days. My brain is doing good to remember how to get to put the car in gear. LOL.

Realizing that so many others here have much more difficult burdens than I carry, that many here feel totally helpless and hopeless in their various life situations, I can say with the most emphatic emphasis, SMILE. If you think your issues are overwhelming, and they probably are, SMILE. If you have nothing left to give to anyone, give a SMILE.

Prayers to all my special dear ones. I am smiling for you.

Winniesfriend
September 26th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Morning Blondie,

it is definitely Thursday, but evening here in SA, I thought I better pop back in and say Hi after my 4 month absence ..

I hope all goes well with your Mum

Granny Judy
September 26th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Well, I am still saying a ton of prayers for you and your Mom... You need some TLC and hugs today, Dear Friend. I woke up with a Smile on my face today and just know today will be a good one!! Making happy memories Day for me.

quiltingtrish
September 26th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Ahh, prayers for your mom, Blondie. I'd bring ya a fresh cup of coffee if I were close enough. I'd choose to be around smiling people too, so mine is already in place and it's only 6 am here.

Happy Thursday evening Leonie - good to see you back here and good morning Judy.

Nothing going on here except a long work day but tomorrow - well, my older sister is retiring and I am going to her work retirement ceremony. I am so excited for her.

Have a smiling day everyone! See ya all later tonight!

Hugs,

MRoy
September 26th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Good morning! Today's sign fits me to a "T"...woke up at 3 am and still up! I tried to go back to sleep but finally gave it up and now I'm working on my first cuppa coffee.

Blondie, prayers for your mom and for you. (((HUGS)))

It's quilt guild sit 'n sew day. I have my stuff gathered up and ready to go...I think. I'll probably forget something anyway. If I don't get a nap, it might be dangerous for me to sew this afternoon. ;)

Bubby
September 26th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Good Morning,

It is Thursday and this morning I will be having two root canals and some prep work for a bridge. After this long appointment I should need just one more appointment if everything goes well.

Blondie, my prayers continue for you and your Mom. I'm so grateful they found the clots before they removed the port....

We are still having glorious weather. I'm working on a small table runner to keep my mind occupied right now.

Hugs and prayers for everyone here who need them....Barb

HandsOffItsMine
September 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Blondie, prayers continue for Mom. Major hugs for you, please do take the time for a good lunch, etc. You need to take care of yourself!

Sleepless nights seem abound here lately...

Three more days with the folks, more running around it seems. lol One more big get together dinner tonight with Kat/Matt and the kids before they leave. Thankfully Dad is picking up the tap at a restaurant! Now I'll let the rest of them fight it out whether it will be Mexican or Japanese. Kids love both, so do the adults but to get 9 to agree. Oy!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hi, Blondie! I met 3:00 am about 30 minutes late, but now I'm ready for more shut-eye! Did some sewing to lull me back to dreamland! I hope and pray for your dear mom that everything turns out OK with her surgery.

Klasien came last evening so we have lots planned to do before we leave for Hamilton on Monday! It will be a busy bunch of days!

Hoe you all have a great fun day!

Terri
September 26th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Good Morning All!

Yes, Blondie it's Thursday...which means our vacation is quickly coming to an end, but it's been great to get away...change of scenery & all. Have done lots of sewing (for me anyway)....my neck, shoulders & back won't let me sit at my machine as long as I would like. Oh well, at least I can get it done even if it is at a somewhat slower pace. :)

I met 3 this morning wide awake, trying to get back to sleep at least for a little while....think I napped from about 3:15 to 4. I was up & out of bed at 1:30, didn't want to wake DH by tossing & turning. I don't drink coffee...was drinking decaf, but cut it out completely earlier this year when I did a blood nutrition program. Never have been able to handle too much caffeine anyway, it gives me heart palpitations. And I LOVE coffee! :(

Blondie, hugs & prayers to you & your Mom. Pray that all goes well. Make sure to take care of yourself, while the docs & nurses are taking care of Mom. I know, so much easier said than done. Going to see my Mom in early November. Spending a week wi th my younger sister & we will go see Mom the weekend that I am there. Mom has advancing dementia....she may or may not even remember my visit, I but I will remember.

Started Jenny's Serendipity quilt this morning....have my strips cut & have seven sets sewn together. Now, have to cut them into blocks & cut my 5" squares that will go on the corners. Not going to make mine as big as the one in the tutorial, table topper size for Christmas presents....made from Christmas fabric.

That's about it. Everyone have a great day.

Terri

Monique
September 26th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good morning. Blondie, prayers for Momma and a speedy recovery. Prayers for you and your sis too. More laundry done yesterday and I made my rug rug for the swap and sent it out. The quilt I am repairing is ready to be sandwiched and quilted again. There wasn't a whole lot quilting on it to begin with, no wonder the batting was all matted inside. Hopefully it will look better when I am done. Today, we will take our dear friend Doug to town.

Have an awesome day everyone. Blondie, you always make me smile.

Shirley
September 26th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Blondie, Prayers to you and your family.

Lisapc
September 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Blondie: Prayers for your Mom and for you and your family. Just remember if you don't take care of you then you can't take care of others.

Bubby: praying all goes well today. I am nervous for you.

Jean: I am very happy for you and Klaisen and know you will both have the time of your lives during her visit.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and a little reminder to not only smile but be remember what you learned in kindergarten, if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing!

Renate
September 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I am with Lisa, thinking and praying for all you and your Family and a Guardian angel at your side.

There will be a candle in the window for you over here

MayinJerset
September 26th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Blondie, Hope you can relax a little today and that Mom does much better and is home very soon.

Lots to do today but can't decide where to begin. If I begin with long overdue laundry I usually don't get too much other stuff done. Need to clean and treat floor in TV room as we got a new TV cabinet, slipper chair and ottoman to complete the furniture in the room. Can't believe we have a completely redone room in our house - began earlier this year and had 2 windows taken out, room painted, new cellular shades, leather sectional and now added TV cabinet, leather ottoman and slipper chair. Finishing touches is to make new covers for the couch's big throw pillows (they are left over from last couch) and maybe a little pillow for the slipper chair. DH is going to mat some of his black and white photos and I plan to hang a big quilt, have a small one over the fireplace. One of the reasons we had the windows taken out was for more wall space to display our hobbies.

Take care every one and keep on smiling. May

nyscpa2be
September 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Blondie, prayers for your mom - sounds like you both need lots of forum love and prayers right now!

I was going to spend the day quilting, but dad just got home from work early, so I really don't know what today holds. Oh, but there are several loads of laundry facing me. We went to Hobby Lobby last night and I got 9 cuts of fabric - 7 1/4 yard cuts and 2 3/4 for more purses

Lonna
September 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie warm fuzzy thoughts and prayers going out for your Mother, You and your family.

Buddy and the same for you. I pray that you will not be in too much pain.

Wayne is off to get his first chemo treatment in over a year. Wanted to go with him but he asked me to go to work instead. He hates for any one to have to sit and wait for him. The only thing that brings me comfort is know I am but 10 mins away.

Have a great day all, thoughts and prayers are being lifted for all my forum friends.

sewbizzy
September 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Blondie, I'm sending prayers for your Mom that all goes well...

Sew Perfect
September 26th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Good morning everyone. I slept very well last night and in fact, woke up about an hour ago. I love it when I can be on a good sleep schedule.

I'm going to hang out with DD today. I always look forward to that one day a week to see her which won't happen again for about 3 weeks or so.

Got you all in my prayers as well. Have a good day.

Madeforyouinma11
September 26th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Good morning everyone!
Blondie, I'm usually always awake at 3, but went to sleep around 2 and slept like a baby for a change. Sending prayers for your mom, you and your family.
Bubby, will be thinking of you today too.
Lonna, will say a special prayer for Wayne that all goes well for him.
Jean...you must be so excited to have Klaisen with you, and she must be over the moon happy! The two of you will have so much fun in the upcoming days. Be sure to keep us posted.
Well, today I am going to put away some laundry and get to sewing. Have a few things going, so I'm not sure what ill work on yet. Hubby has court today for work, so I'm not sure what time he'll be home, but I do know that he'll be ready for a nap when he gets here.
Sending prayers to all in need and hoping all of you have a wonderful day!

pcbatiks
September 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Good morning everyone........prayers going out for Blondie & her mom.........for Barb for a pain free dentist visit and for Wayne as he starts his chemo treatments. Leonie it's great to see you posting again. I hope your shoulder has healed up completely. :) I've been snooping the last day or two.....got a few more ideas for my gift box and now I'm trying to shift into Christmas gift making mode.

easyquilts
September 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I met 3 this morning, too... In the form of a small Chihuahua climbing on my chest a doing his doggie level best to get me up... So... I did....the other Chihuahua heard the fun going on, and came out, too.

That was pretty much the end of my sleep.... As usual.... Thank goodness for my iPad.

Mom is in my prayers, Blondie.... You, too...,

Yes,... So much seems to be going on in our lives.... It's a good thing we can come here, where there is no judgement... Only support. Just what we need.... I love that we are so quick to offer prayers for each other.

Yep... It's another Thursday.... A beautiful day in the Ohio Valley.... Perfect, in fact.

Wishing everyone a great Thursdsy!

toggpine
September 26th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Good morning from the left coast!

Kiddo is on the bus, livestock fed, and cup of coffee at hand. Laundry is mostly caught up. I sent the little art table and the other birthday presents home with DS last night after he came over to use Dad's tools to finish constructing the "Big Boy" bed for grandson.
I'm purging the files out of the small cabinet so I can move it into the office along with the printer. Then perhaps I can get the sewing space situated. I want the counter top put up in there and some more shelves, but I want to make sure they are where I want them to be forever, as I'll only get one shot a having hubby put them up for me! I suppose I had better do some cleaning/purging in there while I am at it.

It makes me a bit sad to read about all of the preparations for the M* get-together this next week. I had so hoped to be on the highway making a big road trip to see family and meet up with friends, new & old, along the way. I'll keep tucking away the pennies and perhaps the next time I'll be able to swing it! Until then, I'll keep catching up with you here.

Prayers and gentle hugs to my quilty friends in need today.
Cathy

auntiemern
September 26th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Oh my dear Blondie. I had already heard about your dear mom. I'm nosy that way. I have been praying very hard for her, and you as well. Don't forget to take care of your self in all the rushing here and there.
Barb, will be praying for a painless, less traumatic day for you.
Jean, so glad Klasien arrived safely. Wishing you two the best of times together. I guess I will see you in Hamilton, or Cameron.
I will be working on some COC things today, and will have the kids later.

alliek
September 26th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Prayers for your mom and you Blondie. Be well, God Bless

kensington
September 26th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I got up this morning and my first thought, was "What day is this".... I get confused midweek. LOL. I am keeping you in my thoughts Blondie and prayers for your mom. Hang in there. Keep the faith.