PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Thread

Bubby
September 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie is with her Mom today so I thought I would begin our morning thread.

Yesterday I began working on a pumpkin table topper. I'm creating as I go. I have the pumpkin head done but I'm at a loss what else to add for interest. Last year I made my first Halloween quilt and loved working with the fabrics so much I thought I would do something else Halloween this year.

Our weather has been beyond gorgeous the past several days. The leaves aren't turning especially fast so I'm hoping that means Fall will be with us for a good long time. This is my favorite time of year.

I have to have some more medical tests done and I would appreciate your prayers.

Let's put on our smiles for Blondie and remember her Mom in our prayers....Wishing you all a great day!!

Monique
September 25th, 2013, 08:48 AM
We both had the same thought. I started one too. LOL!!

Good morning friends. I only worked half a day yesterday. But I still haven't had time to do much of anything. I did take apart a very small quilt that a friend brought to me for repairs. It needs a new back and batting. The problem is the quilt is from a pet friendly home and my eyes are watering like crazy. I will have to take something. So that is my plan for today. I may make another table runner that I need for next week. So much I want to do, so little time.

Have a wonderful day friends.

bkthomas
September 25th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Prayers and Smiles - You got it!

Hulamoon
September 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
It's only 2am here so I'm still the night owl right now. Wishing blessings too.

Going back to sleep soon and then have to clean the kitchen. I found out my Santa pal and doing a little shopping for that. I can't make everything because I have to send it early if that gives a hint. Hawaii here you come :)

Jean Sewing Machine
September 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Whooppee! The day I've been waiting for for almost 10 months, Klasien comes today! I have her room ready, although the tornado damage from quilting sTraight for the past 9 days hasn't been repaIred! Cleaned out the fridge, it is really bare! But I have Klasien's favorite American food here, Kraft macaroni and Cheese for her dining pleasure ! We're going to o St. Louis and surrounds before we go to Hamilton to meet the forum members!

easyquilts
September 25th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I was up at four.... My little Chihuahua (DH has his own$ wanted to go out.... No sooner had I brought him in, the other one wanted out... Fed both, then we all went back to bed... Up again.... Time for a drink, and to go out again... Back to bed, thn up for good. I can never go right back to sleep after tending to the little guys, so I play SCRABBLE, or read posts here.... Just as I am finally drifting off to sleep, he wants to go out, or something....

My plan today, is to border and sandwich my second X's&O's O's quilt... They are both crib size, or a little bigger. I was thinking about these quilts..and realized that one is seven patches by nine, and the second one is 8x9.... The quilts are for sisters... 5 and 3- the larger if the two quilts happens to be for the youngest.... I am having the same problem someone else here had... Two sisters, teo different sized quilts...

The first quilt, has a four inch birder... I am thinking if putting three in h borders on the sevond one... But, they can both count. What to do? I will call my neice (a talented quilter) later today, and ask her what she wants me to do. Rats! I've got to be more observant, or something.

Anyway... I wish eveyone a happy Wednesday... The weather here is perfect again, so I'll get out and walk... The robes is that no matter which way I go, I have to walk up a 1/2mi. hill... The good thing is that coming home is allll downhill.

Mom23
September 25th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Prayers for Blondie's mom today, as well as all those needing held up in prayer.

Yesterday was a day of sewing. I worked on baptism bibs for church, went to a Linus sew day, and last night went to my class on the Double Irish Chain quilt. Today I better get my butt busy getting things caught up at home so I can go to MSQC next week!! First, I pick up three quilts from the LAQ this morning. I will post pics as soon as they are bound. I honestly can't even remember the third quilt. The first two aren't very exciting but I will still post.

Robin

Shirley
September 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Morning everyone, sending prayer for all those in need. We can all use an extra prayer, can't we?
Lovely morning here 57 degrees and will warm up to 80. I love this weather. Have a blessed week everyone.

Lisapc
September 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning all!

My morning started while hubby was brewing my coffee and he said, "I am going to be a little late tonight because I am taking a woman out after work". I said, "OK, just be safe and have fun". He said, "only you would have that reaction". This man goes out after work maybe once a year and it is usually work related. So he then tells me that Ann is leaving and they are all taking her out for dinner, a group of about 20. I don't believe I have ever heard him talk about this Ann so I am thinking he just wants a night out with the group. I am just glad I get to have grilled cheese sandwiches with my son for dinner tonight.

I have no errands to run today that can't be put off until tomorrow. So I will clean a bit, do some laundry and sew. If I could remember to charge the camera batteries I would post something.

I wish you all a wonderful day and prayers to Blondie's Mom, Barb and all who need them.

bakermom
Morning all! I spent Tuesday afternoon making "candy corn" hats for my grandkids. Then I started cutting out blocks for a quilt for the new one due late Fall. I am about half way thru with cutting so I should be able to start sewing later this week. Beyond that I'm hoping for a quiet week.

MayinJerset
Saying a Good Morning here also. Great cool crisp day so I'm going to get going and do some sewing for a change. Did enjoy being at the retreat on Friday, just sewing and chatting with some good friends without phones or family interrupting me. Even made a new quilting friend at the retreat, Keith who just loved hearing my New Ywark accent, reminded him of an old girlfriend of his from Brooklyn. He like George, my other quilt guy pal, makes large intricate quilts, he also has a great color sense and adds little things here and there for interest.

Bubby, good luck with the tests, and Jean - Have a Wonderful Time with Klasien.

Madeforyouinma11
September 25th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Weather here is beautiful too! Nice crisp cool air. I love the fall. Today I will be working on some non quilting sewing projects that need getting done while helping my daughter. She is making some bibs, burp cloths and a couple of self binding blankets for her best friends baby shower. Hoping my other daughter and granddaughter come by today.
Jean, have a great visit with Klaisen..I know the two of you will have a blast.
Sandy, do you have more fabric to just add another row onto the smaller quilt, or can you take a row off of the larger one?
Bubby, good luck with your tests..I'll keep you in my prayers.
Monique, good luck with the allergies, they can be annoying.
Lisa, isn't it great when you don't have to plan a big dinner and can just sew?!
Wishing everyone a wonderful day and prayers to all who need them.

auntiemern
September 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I have been praying extra hard for Blondie and Ruth since yesterday. Praying today that the doctors can fix it, with a little help from God.
Ha Ha Jean, the first thing I thought today, was Klasien will be here soon. Have a great time with her, and I guess I will see you two in Hamilton.
Barb hoping your medical issues are small.
Hugs and Prayers for all.