PDA

View Full Version : Terrific Tuesday

Blondie
March 22nd, 2011, 07:19 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/Margie077/Pic%20My%20Space/113701.gif

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday to you lovely ladies

Yesterday was a busy day. Sis and I played a bit; got a little bit of cleaning done and then I relaxed. Working on getting Miss Gracie the chi chi used to wearing a little harness so I can walk her properly and get her trained soon. She is quite a handful of fur.

Today is supposed to be really warm and then later this week a cool down. Just perfect Spring type weather. When my sis was over we walked all around the back forty looking at the different things coming up. Then we walked her property and did the same. She is the one with the real green thumb she inherited from our Granny. If anything I plant survives it must be a hearty weed.

From the looks of reading yesterday's posts y'all are as busy as I am. Safe journey back home, Nancy. Going to see how many are in the wild animal swap. Will try to peek in later, no guarantees.
Blessings to all

Blondie

quiltingtrish
March 22nd, 2011, 08:28 AM
I love walking around the flower beds seeing all the new life coming in and watching the trees bud and turn into beautiful colors. To me it's like the saying that God keeps making babies to promise the world won't end tomorrow.

Even though today is Katie's 17th birthday (and I won't see her) and I drive Odie to the airport to Phila. today to go back to Oklahoma, I'm going to make this a great day. I'll get extra hugs from Odie that's for sure!

Have to run for work and get off at 11 so we can make the 2 hour trip to Phila. His flight takes off at 4:30 so would appreciate a prayer for the pilots (has another flight out of Ft. Worth later too).

Hope you all have a great day today and able to get some sewing in.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
March 22nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
I got up feeling like Tigger this morning!!! Well, sort of. Almost fell on my face when I got out of bed but I'm sure that was a fluke!!

Blondie and Trish are getting me fired up to take that walk outside and see what's happening. So far I've been admiring from inside the house or driving out the driveway. It saddens me, since I had my knees replaced, that I can't get down and personal with the earth any more - so my beautiful flower beds are ragged around the edges - but my thought is you can't control or harness true beauty. That's the reason I'm so out of control most of the time.

Went to KC yesterday afternoon/evening for my first serger class. Bought my new serger 6 months ago and finally got them to do a class for me. I HATE being out at night - driving over 50 miles each way no less - but it was worth coming home in the dark. I learned SO MUCH!! Almost left when the instructor showed up with a pair of scissors and cut the threads I had painstakingly threaded . . . not once, not twice, but THREE times. I think I could thread in the dark now. We have another class next week and I am excited about that because we'll get into the overlock stitch. Makes me glad I plunked down the moola for the serger.

Anyone here going on the Bus Tour in June? I'm trying to convince my little sister that I need to go but only if she'll go with me. I get to see her and Mom this morning. We have Mom's quarterly assessment meeting at the nursing home and then will take her to the dentist. Mom will be 95 on Friday. What a lady - the Big A and all. The days she recognizes us are special.

When I get back home I'm hoping to get my BOM blocks done for the local quilting guild. I have it all cut out and laid out to see if I really like my fabric together. Very pleasing - and Big Bad Al likes 'his' quilt, too. Will try to get Al to help me pin Zoe's quilt - I am leaning toward machine quilting it instead of using the beautiful frame Al made for me - and Al's all right with that. My wrist just doesn't cooperate at all. Want to lay out that Bargello lap quilt and get it ready to quilt, too. And then there's the Wild Thing swap. Anyone here involved? The blocks are sure looking 'WILD'. I have 8 of my 26 blocks finished . . .

Why is it that I quite often go to bed feeling as if I haven't accomplished a darned thing for the day yet when I see it written out I wonder how I got so much done. No wonder I'm tired.

TRISH: You probably won't see this before you head to the airport, but let Odie know that your quilty friends are certainly proud of him and truly appreciate his service.

Everyone else out there - Patti, Blondie, Suzy, Debi, Deb, Paula, Cathy, all you wonderful friends have a fantabulous day. It don't get much better than this!!

debinmalaga
March 22nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Good morning, all! I'm going to copy Trish and decide to make it a great day! Only have to work till 2:30, and then a very grubby house awaits my cleaning. But the sun is coming out and it's a spring morning, my daffodils are blooming and the hyacinths are starting to open, and I'm sure there are all the makin's of a great day. Wishing all my quilting friends a great one, too!

ginampls
March 22nd, 2011, 11:23 AM
ha... it is a winter storm warning for us... here in northern MN... 6 to 12 inches expected... perhaps a cleansing snow to make it all pretty... this is to last til tomorrow night at 7pm... so jumped in car last night to get staples...

today i am clearing out junk i don't need.. funny how when you move... you toss out rubbish... read a book on a happy home.. and a chapter says not to bring dishrags from old place. so i will hit a dollar store and get new ones.. i am planning to move in mid may.. but stay here for two more weeks as to let abbey finish the school year.. last day of school is june 2,..wish i could just go now... but i need to do the sort.. clothes she has out grown and stuff i don'y wear no longer... make a trip to goodwilll after snow settles..

worked on abbeys quilt yesterday. i was able to finish center panel... so today i am just going to work on sorting rubbish... lots to be done.. so it is good i have lots of time to get stuff done... one day at a time... thinking of you all..

JVO
March 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
We are getting snow again in Alberta. We had 3 - 4 inches on Sunday and it looks like another 2 inches last night. Nothing growing in my back yard yet! I am sure looking forward to spring. It seems like it has been a long winter. I have a Bernina webinar this morning. Since I am not working, I have been enjoying the info they pass along. Always some new to learn or buy!
Hope everyone has a great day. Snow or not!
JVO

Loonwatcher
March 22nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! We've arrived back home in Vermont and, of course, it's snowing! So jealous you can walk the back forty to check our what's poking up. Probably another month here before I can do that. But it is my favorite time of year. Unless it happens to be folliage season; then that's my favorite time. Nothing fickle about me....LOL!

shawnan
March 22nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Sandy, I hope you enjoy learning all about your new serger as much I have been learning about mine. And my instructor does the same thing, snip snip snip. I'm glad though because I am learning more that way. The one thing I hear the most when people say they don't use their sergers is that they don't know how to thread it. I also have to drive about an hour, but at least our class is in the afternoon.

I'm sure hoping spring is finally arriving, but I have my doubts. Our temps have been hovering at the "almost nice" range, but not quite there. We really can expect snow at any time during March and April and even not that strange in May, heaven forbid.

Welcome home loonwatcher. It went too fast didn't it.

I'm playing catch up today and tomorrow I'm heading to my BFF's for some fabric cutting. It will be a fun day!!

:icon_wave: Nancy :icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
March 22nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
HAIL, HAIL, HAIL AND THE TV SIGNAL JUST WENT OFF. I'm headed to bed with a good book!

janluna
March 22nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Trish, I am praying for Odie to have a safe trip. Looking for 6 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow. Spring has sprung though. I have crocus and tulips coming up. Sandy enjoy your book. I have a good one I'm reading too. I rather read than watch tv usually. I do like a couple of shows but reading beats most of the junk on tv. See you all tomorrow. Hugs and prayers for everyone, Jan L

Onetiredmomma
March 22nd, 2011, 10:57 PM
I went to a quilting class tonight and made a friendship star. It's a beginning quilting class, and I feel that I could have made that block on my own. I just in the past have followed Jenny's tutorials and then fudged the parts she didn't quite go into lengths about so I wanted to tale a class to puck up on tricks and correct anything needing fixed. Well, I felt like I was right on track. The other ladies in the class were all confused with the instructor, but I felt so confident with my MSQC background. We are all so lucky.

I had a great horsey ride on my horsey, Eve, earlier today. I was ridin her bareback and trotting along. Boy, she is such a willin little thing. When I talk about her, my eyes go all dreamy- it's like I'm a little girl oogle-ing over Breyer ponies. I just can't get enough. I taught 6 youngins today, and really feel like I've seen so mug improvement in their riding. I love my job. I work mostly with kids with autism, and they really blossom on the back of anhorse. I love my job.

Tomorrow is a semi day off. I plannon finishing up my homework blocks for my class and maybe cutting the fabric for the wild block swap. It'll be my first dresden fan, so I'm excited!
I hope you all have had blessed days.

Onetiredmomma
March 22nd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Wow. My spelling is bad. That's a combination of typing on an iPhone with fat fingers and auto spell correct. Sorry!

sewsoft
March 22nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
We have the yucky Sleet freezing rain that has been going on all day.

toggpine
March 22nd, 2011, 11:54 PM
I mowed the lawn and pulled some weeds! No kidding!

I hope to get some sewing done tonight. I have the last of the stuff to muck out of the laundry room for tomorrow's delivery.

I think I broke my toe last night too. I kicked the step stool my darling daughter left in the middle of the kitchen floor. I didn't see the stupid thing and turned and stepped right into it. It's the one next to the pinky toe. It is now all purple, deep red and white. Looks great with the sparkley red polish.

Well, need to shower off the grass/gas smell and find something to eat for supper.

Take care all!
Cathy

quiltingtrish
March 23rd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Looooong day but got Odie off. He's in Dallas for the night - his flight out of Phila was delayed from 4:30 until 6 tonight and since he missed his connecting flight and there were no more to get into Oklahoma, the airlines gave him a free hotel ticket. Just waiting on the call that he's in the hotel.
Man - if you all don't ever have to drive on 476 and 95 North or South - don't do it! What a bunch of crazy people going about 80 mph in a 55 speed zone and zooming in and out of lanes - your head spins trying to keep track of where all the cars are. I did tell Odie to try and fly in and out of Harrisburg the next time. I was lucky to get him there alive and me home alive. Geesh!
How can it be 11:20 PM? Guess I best head to bed with the phone by my ear.
I'll have to check for any new photo posts tomorrow. I'm hoping to sew some tomorrow. I'm anxious to get those 10 min. blocks started with that beautiful True Blue line.

Ouch Cathy! Hope you didn't break it and it feels better tomorrow.

Hugs,

rebeccas-sewing
March 23rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Sandy,

They are going to show you how to change the thread without re-threading the machine each time, I hope! It's definitely important to show you how to do it manually but the tying on of the new thread is the way to go. You just need to tie the threads together properly so the knot is secure. Otherwise, the threads may come apart and then you'll end up needing to take time to thread manually. I don't know why I'm mentioning this. Surely they'll show you this short cut. Have fun. You're going to love having a serger. I noticed that Eleanor Burns even uses her sometimes for quilting. To me that's a lot of thread to waste. I can see using it on a quilt that's going to get lots of abuse, though. Certainly would keep those seams secure.

rebeccas-sewing
March 23rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
Trish,

Do you live near Philadelphia? I spent many years in Philly. I attended Temple University many moons ago. About 5 years after graduating I moved back to Philadelphia and worked at the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, met and married my husband on the Penn campus. You're right! It's pretty stressful driving the highways around there! It's always fun to read posts from forum members who live near my old stompin' grounds. If you happen to see this post, I'd love to hear about your part of the world.
Rebecca

Sandy Navas
March 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Sandy,

They are going to show you how to change the thread without re-threading the machine each time, I hope! It's definitely important to show you how to do it manually but the tying on of the new thread is the way to go. .

Rebecca, I knew that trick and actually had one of the threads retied while he was cutting my classmate's threads but he recut it.

debinmalaga
March 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Trish, you're so right about 476 and 95... I'm half an hour from Philly so that's the airport we always use. Of course we're coming from South Jersey, so not nearly as bad as what you dealt with. It can leave you shaking sometimes, that traffic!