PDA

View Full Version : Drivers License

phoots
September 25th, 2013, 01:33 AM
In Nevada your drivers license comes up for renewal every few years on your birthday. The DMV always sends out renewal notices really early, like two months early. Well, my license is up for renewal this year and I lost the renewal card. They just started a new program where you can renew your license online instead of waiting all day at the DMV office. But you need the notice...and I can't find it. And my birthday is on...that's right, Sunday. And I have school Wednesday and Thursday. So, since I'll be working on homework tomorrow and Thursday, I'm going to the DMV on Friday. Why is it that I am such a procrastinator? So I can have so much fun like going to the DMV!

Happy birthday to me!

Pam in Vegas :icon_doh:

bubba
September 25th, 2013, 01:40 AM
In Washington, you can go online and check the wait time for each individual office. Maybe you can do that down there and head to the one w/the shortest line.

bkthomas
September 25th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Awww Pam I'm like that too sometimes, I get distracted so easily!
So here we are side by side; :icon_doh::icon_doh:

Mchelem
September 25th, 2013, 02:53 AM
Here, you can check in online and sort of hold your spot in line.

Our local office used to have people waiting in line at 6 am in order to get in to take their driving tests. Now they assign you a date, and when my son took his, their next available was 7 weeks out!!

Judy, USMC
September 25th, 2013, 04:00 AM
This was the year I came up for renewal here in North Carolina. Had to take only the vision and sign recognition tests. The Test Office had 5 workers and 3 stations when I renewed 6 years ago. Today there are 7 stations and at least 12 employees. I was in and out in 15 minutes. No wait time at all. Got there at 10:15am which was between the 2 rush period. You know after the "first thing in the morning" and before the "do it on my lunch hour" rush.

Hope it goes as smoothly for you too, Phoots.

ETA - Proud to say I don't need to renew for another 8 years....

Musical_Starling
September 25th, 2013, 04:08 AM
D'oh! I hate having to go to MVR (NL's version of DMV), it always takes FOREVER! I had to go back in 2009 because my license was up for renewal and I needed to have a new picture taken (last one was when I was 16 lol) and ever since I do my license and vehicle registration online because I'm NOT going there and waiting in line when I don't have to. Ain't nobody got time for that! lol

Good luck!

easyquilts
September 25th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Procrastination.... True procrastination is an art form.....

Sharyn J
September 25th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Oh, don't get me started about the DMV. I went to get my license renewed. All I had to do was take the eye test and pay the fee. The clerk was older than God and shuffled around the counter to set up the eye machine. You put your head up against the machine and they turn on the light inside and your read the little chart. This should have taken only a couple minutes. Nope!

He said, "read the left side of the chart." I did. Then he said, "read the right side." I did. He started yelling at me, "Lady are you blind or something? Read the RIGHT side of the chart!" I told him there was only one chart to read. There are no right and left sides.

Then another ten minutes until he shuffled out behind the counter around to the machine. He looked into it and said, "Oh, the light bulb is burned out."

Oh Duh...........

CountryHut
September 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
the artist that I am . . .

don't have to renew my DL until 2017 . . hopefully by then it won't cost 100 bucks to renew
it almost cost as much as OwenMills sitting fee . . it's my military ID I HAVE to remember to renew in 2014 - and I dislike going to the base -- *sigh*~ . . now I have to decide if I want to bump up my Military Health insurance to the next level - or stay where I am at and see whatever Dr I want . .

Procrastination.... True procrastination is an art form.....

Monique
September 25th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Happy early birthday Pam.

Beakkmom
September 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Almost happy birthday Pam, and procrastination -- since when is it a bad thing :)

Lisapc
September 25th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Happy Birthday and I am the queen of all nighters for most any deadline because I allow everything to distract me so I an procrastinate. My bad!

SallyO'Sews
September 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Aww... so sorry, Pam! Why don't you do something fun at the DMV, like wear a silly hat and bring a balloon? Or... maybe use the time in line to study? Hope it goes really quickly for you.

BTW, if you are a AAA member, call them - I had to get my license renewed in July, and they will do it - even the photo! - for a $2 fee. Well worth it; I was in and out in 15 minutes!