PDA

View Full Version : Got some happy mail today!!!

nyscpa2be
September 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it finally came!!!!!! Unfortunately the envelope was bent - I'm going to try and flatten the diploma with encyclopedias - if that doesn't work, I'll request a new one.

Renate
September 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Congratulation dear Amy, what a great success. It must feel like haven to have such a diploma in your Hand. time to open a bottle of champagner :-)

Bubby
September 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Congratulations on a terrific accomplishment!!!

mamaquilt
September 24th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Congratulations Amy! Reading your degree I noticed your last name is Clausen. That is also the name of part of the old city of Luxembourg. Funny isn't it?

Lisapc
September 24th, 2013, 03:52 PM
That is a well earned beautiful document. Congratulations!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!

Monique
September 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Congratulations Amy.

ksap
September 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM
You should be very proud of yourself. All of your hard work has paid off. Congrats!!!

nyscpa2be
September 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone! It does feel amazing. In my family we usually celebrate with a dinner of choice - whether it be a college graduation, birthday, whatever - so taco salads it is tonight! No champagne though - saving that for when I am allowed to drink again.

Michèle - my dad's family came from the Isle of Föhr, up near the Danish border - I actually think it was part of Denmark at one time.

bdmsmith
September 24th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Congratulations on an awesome accomplishment!

bec
September 24th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Congratulations Amy! I know it was hard work, but it's worth it. :)

ilive2craft2
September 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Congrats Amy!

lilmouse
September 24th, 2013, 04:52 PM
So happy for you...all of your hard work is right there on a single document that never shows all the blood, sweat and tears to earn it....congratulations!

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 05:11 PM
YAY... Good for you, and congratulations!

auntiemern
September 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM
What an awesome accomplishment. You have every right and reason to be proud of yourself. Enjoy your taco salad, you more than earned it.

Musical_Starling
September 24th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Woohoo! How awesome!! You are now the proud owner of one of the most expensive pieces of paper you will ever own in your life :icon_giggle: Congratulations Amy, you did it!! Enjoy that salad, you should have asked for cake too! ;)

New York Sue
September 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Congratulations, Amy!!
WOOHOO!

Iris Girl
September 24th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Congratulations Amy!

bkthomas
September 24th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Happy for You!!!

nyscpa2be
September 24th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Woohoo! Enjoy that salad, you should have asked for cake too! ;)

Eh, its not as much fun when I have to make dinner too. But I did get a present - I found a quartersawn oak dresser for $50 - just needs a bit of refinishing and it'll be as good as new.

nyscpa2be
September 24th, 2013, 09:05 PM
To everyone who posted - thank you all so much! I can't believe I earned it at times, then I just have to remember the tests and term papers, and yup, I really did earn it.

MayinJerset
September 25th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Congrats, You DID IT!

Musical_Starling
September 25th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Eh, its not as much fun when I have to make dinner too. But I did get a present - I found a quartersawn oak dresser for $50 - just needs a bit of refinishing and it'll be as good as new.

You had to make your own celebration dinner? Aww man, you should have come to my house! No taco salad, but I did have pizza casserole. That's almost as good, right? lol Great find on the dresser, I just bought a quartersawn white oak bed frame and it cost a small fortune! Let's just say I'm glad it came with a lifetime guarantee because if it doesn't last the rest of my life I'm going to think I got gypped! lol

tobeysmama
September 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM
May I add my conrats also. Amy is my daughter and we are so very proud of her. She has worked so hard for this, especially since it was a stressful year for her. She is now quilting up a storm and using my stash to her advantage. Beautiful things are being made by her talented hands.

nyscpa2be
September 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM
You had to make your own celebration dinner? Aww man, you should have come to my house! No taco salad, but I did have pizza casserole. That's almost as good, right? lol Great find on the dresser, I just bought a quartersawn white oak bed frame and it cost a small fortune! Let's just say I'm glad it came with a lifetime guarantee because if it doesn't last the rest of my life I'm going to think I got gypped! lol

I would love to come to your house. Mom's family is from PEI (called The Island in our house), but I've never been to the rest of Atlantic Canada, except for driving through NB and one disastrous night of camping in NS. I love road trips though - if I'm not working next summer, I might just drive up to see you!

GrammaBabs
September 25th, 2013, 12:45 PM
:icon_wave:Go Amy!!

Suzyq
September 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Wow Amy that's amazing! Good for,you!

Musical_Starling
September 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM
May I add my conrats also. Amy is my daughter and we are so very proud of her. She has worked so hard for this, especially since it was a stressful year for her. She is now quilting up a storm and using my stash to her advantage. Beautiful things are being made by her talented hands.

You have good reason to be proud Mama :) We can't wait to see what she creates from your stash!

I would love to come to your house. Mom's family is from PEI (called The Island in our house), but I've never been to the rest of Atlantic Canada, except for driving through NB and one disastrous night of camping in NS. I love road trips though - if I'm not working next summer, I might just drive up to see you!

Well Newfoundland is similar to the Maritimes, but I think everyone will agree that we're still very different lol This province is beautiful (but I may be a little biased!) but the west coast of the island is FAR more beautiful than the east! We have the Long Range mountains over there, and Gros Morne park, Marble Mountain, just gorgeous! On the Avalon peninsula (where I am) we have lots of lighthouses, lots of rocks, lots of birds and whales and such, just not a heck of a lot to do! lol If you ever take a trip, July or August is definitely your best bet. Warmer weather and lots of whales and icebergs to see :D And you will DEFINITELY have to drop in for some good Newfie grub! lol

Tanya D
September 26th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Congratulations Amy!!!!

Andrea F
September 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Congratulations Amy! Well done! Holding a diploma in ones hand after so much work is really great, isn´t it :D