PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just wa punt to scream...

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Well.... My fav cousin, Linda, who is more like a sister, has a 22 year grandson, Tyler. He just graduated from nursing school, has a great job that he loves, as a surgical nurse, and has a serious girlfriend.

Two weeks or so ago, Tyler was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and had one testicl removed (replaced with a silicone "filler".... They were told that they would know more on September 23rd.

This good, intelligent young man has two tyes of cancer, one of which is very aggressive and fast.... He will need surgery, to remove all of the appropriated nodes... Depending on whether ir nit the doctors think they got it all, or not, a decision will then be made about chemo..... Recuperation time is six-to eight weeks.

I haven't talked with Linda yet, but I can only imagine how she, and her daughter (Robin) are feeling. Robin has been a nurse for a long time, so I know she is very much aware of how things really are.

I don't really know Tyler, but his grandmother is like my own sister, and I do know his mother... I know Linda and Robin are devastated..... They are living a nightmare....

Please keep Tyler and his family in your thoughts and prayers.... I wish I could go to Linda, but if course cannot leave my husband.

Marebear
September 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM
What devistating news! Prayers sent for Tyler and his family.

Lisapc
September 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I am so sorry. This is the exact cancer my husband fought. He had both types and it was very aggressive. He is alive and there is hope. If you or his mother or anyone needs anything please email me, my email is in my user notes. I mean this will all that I am, if I can help anyone get through this or help to explain something I will.

Monique
September 24th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Prayers for Tyler and all his family.

Lonna
September 24th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Prayers for Tyler and his family.

lilmouse
September 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Prayers for all concerned!

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I am so sorry. This is the exact cancer my husband fought. He had both types and it was very aggressive. He is alive and there is hope. If you or his mother or anyone needs anything please email me, my email is in my user notes. I mean this will all that I am, if I can help anyone get through this or help to explain something I will.

Lisa.... Thank you do much for your offer... I finally talked to my cousin, and she is deveastated.. She told me that robibn her DD, and Tyler's mother is just barely holding herself together....

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks, Mary....

quiltingtrish
September 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Prayers for Tyler and his family coming from here also. I hate cancer and praying is the only thing I know how to do.

Hugs,

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Thank you for your prayers.

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM

Your prayers are appreciated...

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Prayers for Tyler and his family.

Thank you, Leona.... It really is a sad thing..... Tyler's life is just beginning....

Musical_Starling
September 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Prayers from here as well Sandy

auntiemern
September 24th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Prayers for Tyler, his family and his GF. Cancer really does suck, but prayer is a powerful thing.

MayinJerset
September 25th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Ohhhh, Will do the only thing I can do, that is to pray for Tyler.

Judy, USMC
September 25th, 2013, 12:47 AM
I'm truly amazed at what therapies are available. Praying that there is a combination that will help heal him.

easyquilts
September 25th, 2013, 12:51 AM
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who is praying for Tyler and his family. Yes, cancer does duck....and it's one sneaky beast,,,, Tyler has a real battle ahead...

Love to all of you..

dwil23
September 25th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Sandy, so very sorry to hear about Tyler's diagnosis. Will definitely keep him and the family in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))