PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
September 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies!

Almost done with my first cuppa. I've been milking it along for quite awhile. Daddy used to laugh at me, saying, "I've never known anything to beat it - you drink your coffee cold and your coke hot." Well, I don't like to waste and while my coffee is not Maxwell House, it is always good to the last drop. Coke? Kool Aid? Only thing I like to drink super duper chilled are juices. I don't really care for juice so it has to be cold to go down nicely for me. Oh my, now you know more of my idiosyncrasies.

Another busy day on schedule for me. Mom is in the hospital with Superior Vena Cava Syndrome. At least that is what they are finally and technically calling all of her painful neck and facial swelling. It doesn't hurt - just the pressure from the swelling is tremendous, poor dear. I believe that this morning they are going to decide whether to transfer her to a different hospital for surgery or just remove her port here in local hospital.

Someone found this sweet little video and shared with me, so now, here I am sharing it with all of you. It is a very happy and sweet video. Enjoy folksies!

This Dog and Elephant Have Something Strange in Common - They are BEST Friends - Heartwarming Video (http://www.godvine.com/Dog-and-Elephant-fb-gv-3967.html)
It's fall, think of apples, pumpkins, cinnamon, and pretty leaves. That always makes me smile!

Blessings and prayers to each of you.

dwil23
September 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Good Morning!

Blondie, I sure hope they are able to get Mom better. I know it is hard on all of you. Will keep her in my prayers.

I agree - Fall is something to smile about, but I know it's Fall when Dunkin Donuts starts serving their Pumpkin coffee! And the pumpkin goodies start showing up in the store - love them!

I'm hoping to get some rest today - yesterday was anything but. A sad day. I still have a couple of projects to finish before Friday morning, so will have to get busy on them tomorrow. Today I will sleep (I say hopefully). It's very rainy here today and they are warning of flash flooding, though nothing like Colorado. Yikes, hope my bedroom doesn't flood again.:0

Everyone have a Blessed Day and if you are where the leaves are changing - enjoy them for me, please!

(I would love to see pictures)

Jean Sewing Machine
September 24th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Oh Blondie! So sorry to hear about your mom! Those vena cavas can be problematic! My husband had issues with swelling below the waist, vena cava was clogged with clots! I sure hope they can get things right for her!

Have a great day folks!

Monique
September 24th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie, sorry to hear about Mom. I hope she gets better real soon.

Yes, fall is in the air for sure. It was a cold day here yesterday. The leaves are changing fast.

At least I had the morning yesterday to unpack and put stuff away before I was called in to work. I work again today all day. I tell you, this working is cutting into my quilting time. LOL!! I am not complaining by any means. There are too many people out of work. I am lucky to have this part time job.

So that is it for me. Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
September 24th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I'm praying hard for Mom. She's been through so much lately. Give her a hug for me when you see her. I know she's keeping the faith.

I had my mammogram and flu shot yesterday. There are some areas of calcification in both breasts...I'm waiting to see what the radiologist recommends. These things can go either way depending on how the margins are according to my mammographer. They have new digital equipment and it catches a lot more than their old machine that used film. So I wait....

Yes, it's looking and feeling like Fall here, too. I love this weather and everything that goes along with it. I get excited about Halloween candy - not that I can eat any of it anymore but it used to be my favorite 'candy time' of the year. I love watching the kids picking out their costumes...so excited to be their alter ego!

Dottie woke me at 3:30 this morning...she's getting up earlier and earlier all the time. It's a pain. She barks so loud it could wake someone in a coma.

I'm off to go back to bed for a while. Wishing everyone a good day.

MRoy
September 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Good morning! Blondie, prayers for your mom. I went to the weekly Mennonite produce auction yesterday. The Amish/Mennonite community is less than 20 miles from me in the next county but I'd never been before because the auctions were while I was working. It was very interesting. There were pumpkins, gourds, and mums along with the vegetables. Items were sold in lots so you had to buy multiples. I got huge mums for $5 each. There were folks there with trailers buying mums to resale.

Before the auction, I went to a store that had everything from quilts to wood cook-stoves and furniture for sale. I got a piece of fabric, a pack of hand-sewing needles with larger eyes, and a pack of old-fashioned needle threaders. I swear the eyes of needles have gotten smaller as I've gotten older. ;)

MayinJerset
September 24th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Brrr, cold this morning so I guess Fall is here. No leaf turning in our area but did see orange and gold here and there in the trees in PA and MA. Need to jump in the shower but I'm cold, think the heat will be turned on soon if the temps keep dropping.

Blondie, Hope your Mom gets the right treatment for her problem.

Unpacked my suitcase and travel bag so I guess I'll head up to my sewing room to unpack the stuff I took to the retreat, need to finish the Patriotic Christmas stockings I was working on. I'd like to get them in the mail ASAP. Machine I brought to retreat needs oiling so that's next on my To Do List. I plan to take it to Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In at my Guild. I'll be running the Sew In this month so I need to get my stuff ready and make sure I get to the building early to set up the tables and chairs. This time I hope I can get the door open without setting off the alarm. Have to remember that everyone needs to sign in on the Sign Up sheet as it is a new policy for the Park where we meet.

MayinJerset
September 24th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Brrr, cold this morning so I guess Fall is here. No leaf turning in our area but did see orange and gold here and there in the trees in PA and MA. Need to jump in the shower but I'm cold, think the heat will be turned on soon if the temps keep dropping.

Blondie, Hope your Mom gets the right treatment for her problem.

Unpacked my suitcase and travel bag so I guess I'll head up to my sewing room to unpack the stuff I took to the retreat, need to finish the Patriotic Christmas stockings I was working on. I'd like to get them in the mail ASAP. Machine I brought to retreat needs oiling so that's next on my To Do List. I plan to take it to Saturday's Pillowcase Sew In at my Guild. I'll be running the Sew In this month so I need to get my stuff ready and make sure I get to the building early to set up the tables and chairs. This time I hope I can get the door open without setting off the alarm. Have to remember that everyone needs to sign in on the Sign Up sheet as it is a new policy for the Park where we meet.

Mpyles
September 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Good morning all,

Again I pop in without any regularity! Blondie sure hope mom gets better soon! All is well here in my part of southwest Missouri...the weather is beautiful and everyone is getting along fine.

Everyone have a great day!!!

easyquilts
September 24th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Morning All.... Blondie...I'll add my prayers for your Mom... I know you must worry...

It's cool here... I'm sipping a second cup f Folge's... Still in my warm nightgown... Both Chix are cuddled on my lap.... I'm loving this weather, too..... Fall is the best.... Our summers are miserable, our springs threaten tornados, and our winters are cold and dreary.. Fall? Perfect.

Fnd he'd all but about four inches of the bnding n Michael's quilt last night..... I tried sewing it down with the sewing machine... I'm always sorry when I do that, but he needs his comfort quilt NOW. those four or five niches have to be taken out and redone.... Bu, the stitches are beng very stubborn,.... Hoping for better luck this morning.

I want to try a mug rug today.... my first. I want to practice, so I can make some Christmas themed ones.

DH isn't doing all that well (end stage OPD), but I don't think he needs to go to the hospital..... It hurts me to see him suffer so.... Married 45 years.

HOWEVER .... I plan to enjoy this beautiful day... Walking, quilting, a tiny bit of housework....very tiny, to be sure, And maybe a good movie on my Lifetime app, or Netflix... We'll see.

Wishing you ALL a happy, joy filled Tuesday.... I'm glad I found you....

Lisapc
September 24th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Blondie: I hope your Mom is feeling better soon and that she is back to her old self and back on the hill as quickly as possible. When the leaves start to turn the kids start quietly mentioning pumpkin whoopie pies. Then that quiet mention turns into, "Mom just make them already". So within a few weeks I will stuff their mouths with them, my parents don't do the mentioning quietly, I will get a phone call with, "are you gonna make em or what?". It is that time of year and such a relief to the body after the intense heat.

Hearing about all the unpacking makes me think I need to pack and take a little trip just to say I went somewhere.

Bubby: My Karli nudges hubby with her cold nose when she wants to go out in the middle of the night and that is about once a month or so. I wouldn't care but now that I am feeling better he wakes me up to take her out. That I don't like but since he goes to work in the dark I don't say anything. I hope Dottie gets on a regular schedule soon. I wish you luck with your tests, waiting for answers is not easy.

Sandy: I am praying for you.

My Lil' Peter is 9 yrs old today. He wants pork chops with no bones and my BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes and green beans for his birthday dinner. I guess he missed the memo that I really like to give the kids takeout for their birthday dinner so I don't have to cook. Hubby will eat the green beans and mashed potatoes with a smile even thought we had those veggies just last night. We will have a tiny cake and I will get him a small present for today. His family party is this Sunday and we still have no idea what we are getting him for a gift. The problem is he is so not a toy kid, he is a keep my family around me kid. If we are together he will be happy. He is very excited to have everyone over Sunday and couldn't care less about the presents. We are lucky to have him.

Prayers to all and I hope all of you have a quilty day!

aliaslaceygreen
September 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Good morning!
The Bathroom is FINISHED!!! I Repeat, the BATHROOM is finished!
Geeze. I am not one to normally mind the chaos of repair work, but normally it is US that is causing the delays because we are doing the work.
This time, the work was done by others, but took as long as if we had done a bit after work every day! Frustrating! At no time was a worker here for longer than 3 hours except the actual install of the tub. The rest was a few hours here and there and Oooooh!
Well, it is DONE. Now I can get back to cleaning the house, putting back together and QUILTING..
Here is a link to the photos 2013 The Year of the Bathroom, Part 2 | More Notes From the Refrigerator Door (http://aliaslaceygreen.com/2013/09/23/2013-the-year-of-the-bathroom-part-2/)

Blondie, I hope your mom is doing better today!

MayinJerset
September 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Sorry my message posted twice. I was having a problem posting it and clicked a 2nd time, hence the double post. Turned out the problem wasn't here, it was my internet that went out for awhile. May

PS: So Happy that Trish and family have their new bathroom all finished!

cyndiofthevortex
September 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Blondie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's medical problems. I hope the docs will be able to help her feel more comfortable until this latest thing goes away. I know how precious she is to you.

I did not sleep well at all last night. I had lots of nightmares and they have stayed with me this morning since I've been up. I can't shake the scary feelings from them. I see my doc today. Maybe I should start taking something to help me sleep. I hate to but I might need to. I love all the Night Owls but it's hard to function the next day on very little sleep!

Today will be filled with cleaning up the kitchen after DS#2's birthday party last night (it was wonderful for him) and my tiny sewing room as well. It is so small I can't work in there unless everything is in its place, and I took everything out to prepare for my class last Saturday! I'd rather be sewing than organizing but it must be done.

Please, all of you, have a safe and peaceful day on this lovely Tuesday, rain or shine.

auntiemern
September 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Blondie, so sorry to hear about you dear mom. Small hospitals scare me. Especially when they don't have the ability to perform surgery. I know how very much she means to you, and I would think about having her moved to the larger hospital, that is better equipped to handle such things. Praying hard for her DF.
Sandy, so sorry to hear about hubby. Is he on bi-pap at home? It gets their carbon dioxide down to a level, that helps keep them coherent, and more comfortable. He can use it when he sleeps. If not you should check with his pulmonologist. I lost my mom to COPD 2 years ago, so I know how you feel, and what he is going through. It truly is a terrible disease.
Ok, done giving medical advice. Just that I have been where you are, and know what I would do, and what I have been through.
DH has gone hunting for a couple days, so I plan on sewing. DD is off these next 2 days, which means I have some freedom to get something accomplished.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

toggpine
September 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM
It's a drier start to the day here. I have a few more things to put away from our trip to the state fair. Hopefully I'll have the laundry caught up today. I should really get out and clean the barn, but I may wait until Thursday for that.
Between laundry loads I will see if I can put the sewing space and the last bit of the office back together. I'd really like to get back to sewing and quilting, but it's not really possible with things all over like they are at the moment.
Have a good one!