PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Dear Husband

Lonna
September 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
As some of you know my husband has been battling lung cancer for two years now. Today he had an appointment with his main doctor. As I mentioned a few weeks ago that the tumor was hot and growing once again. Well come to find out the tumor has doubled in size since April. They can not do anymore radiation but he is going to do some more chemo this chemo is a lower dose he will have a chemo treatment once a week for three weeks in a row and then one week off. He will follow this pattern two more times. Please keep praying for him as we do believe that all of the prayers that he has been receiving is what keeping him here. Both of his doctors are truly amazed that he is still living letting along doing as well as he is. He is not bed bound by any means but pretty much house bound. He has a hard time going outside when it is really hot and humid out. Which it is here as this is southeast Louisiana.

Thank you all for your continued love, support, and prayers.

**For the first time the Doctor asked how I was doing and was I taking care of myself. **

Jean Sewing Machine
September 23rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Wow, Lonna, thanks for the update. I think of you often, and always wonder how Wayne is doing. I'll continue to pray for you both, he for success with the chemo, and you to continue with caretaking while taking care of yourself. You have a lot on your plate right now.

K. McEuen
September 23rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hugs and prayers for both you and Wayne. He's a fighter, that's for sure. So many get tired of the continued treatments.

Musical_Starling
September 23rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
Prayers from here, as always Lonna. He is certainly a fighter, and you are both much stronger than I think I would be. I'm glad the doctor asked about you as well, because it is definitely important that you take extra care of yourself too. Sending some long distance hugs along with those prayers :icon_hug:

cyndiofthevortex
September 23rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
I too think of you and Wayne often. Thank you so much for this update. It helps to know how to pray. I hope the chemo is so successful the doctors are once again amazed at how well he is doing.

Bubby
September 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
Wayne is really a fighter and my prayers are with you both. Hugs...Barb

MayinJerset
September 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Keeping Wayne in my good thoughts and prayers, May

Bailey65
September 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers

sewbizzy
September 23rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Sending prayers for you both!!!

dwil23
September 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Yes, Lonna, prayers for both of you.

(((HUGS)))

quiltingtrish
September 23rd, 2013, 06:14 PM
Still saying prayers Lonna for both of you.

Hugs,

EsGrandma
September 23rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Prayers being said for both of you - thanks for the update.

Lisapc
September 23rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
You are just as important as Wayne is in this. My prayers are with both of you.

Divine Daisy
September 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Hugs to you both, my thoughts are with you

xxx

pcbatiks
September 23rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Lonna.......you and Wayne have both been strong through this. Will be praying for chemo to work and for some cooler, low humidity days so he can enjoy some comfortable weather. Glad the doctor ask about you too. Will be thinking of you both.

Genny
September 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Lonna...I'm sending prayers for both your husband and you...and do take care of yourself too. Genny

Suzyq
September 23rd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Sending you big comfort hugs! Will keep you both in my prayers...

Joan@DebtofGratitude
September 23rd, 2013, 08:23 PM
I'm so sorry for your hardship. I hope your husband's situation improves and I will be thinking of both of you.

ilive2craft2
September 23rd, 2013, 08:50 PM
Hugs and prayers for both of you. Care taking is such a hard job. Please take care of yourself.

Blondie
September 23rd, 2013, 09:33 PM
**For the first time the Doctor asked how I was doing and was I taking care of myself. **

Lonna, I never forget to keep you and your dear husband in my prayers. I love it when the dr's are confounded because it is a testimony to me that none of us go until it is our time, regardless of what comes out of dr's mouth. Attitude is huge.

You, dear girl, should have looked that dr in the eyes and said, how does it look like I am doing?

Hang in there, sweetheart. You are so special not only to me but to so many here and so is Wayne. God bless.

Blondie

HandsOffItsMine
September 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
(((Lonna & Wayne))), we all have Wayne in our prayers and you as well. I know that you have many responsibilities, not only taking care of Wayne but your parents, and other family members that live on the property. Giving you an extra hug and holding your hand as you go through this with Wayne.

Huggers, Ruby and Don plus Kat, Matt, and the babies!

Lonna
September 23rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Thank you all! It is all your kind words that give me the strength to keep on thank you. You all are angles here on earth for me.

MRoy
September 23rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Lonna, you and Wayne continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Wayne is a fighter! Take care of yourself and know that you are loved here. ((((HUGS))))

lilmouse
September 24th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I am glad the doc finally asked about you....continued prayers here for both of you and hugs also for both of you....((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))

Monique
September 24th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I too am among the many who think of you often. You are a strong couple, Wayne is very lucky to have you to care for him. Don't forget to look after yourself too, this is very important. I sure wish there was something I could do for you. Take care, hugs to both of you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sandy Navas
September 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I keep you and Wayne in my daily prayers. Thanks for the update - with all this energy coming from your on-line friends, he should be feeling relief. And you, our dear Lonna, remember yourself . . .

Hugs to both of you!!

SuzyQue
September 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
More prayers continued from here, also.

nyscpa2be
September 24th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Prayers from me too!

Wwena
September 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Oh Lonna, so sorry to hear that. What an ordeal, what you must be going through. I hope the treatments work well and that they go smooth.

I think of you EVERY time I use my sticky thimbles (I'm on my third now) so lots of thoughts going your way. :) Take care of yourself as well! Big hugs.

auntiemern
September 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Lonna, so sorry to hear about the tumor growing. I will certainly continue to pray for Wayne as well as you. You are both fighters, and God DOES perform miracles. Take care of yourself too, hun.

phoots
September 25th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Prayers for your husband.

Pam in Vegas

Madeforyouinma11
September 25th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Keeping both of you in my prayers? ((((Hugs))))

GuitarGramma
September 25th, 2013, 02:38 AM
I will pray for your husband. He is a valiant fighter. May he win this battle, Lord!

Suzette
September 25th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Lonna, my prayers continue for you and Wayne, for strength, comfort and healing. God bless!

SallyO'Sews
September 25th, 2013, 01:53 PM
(((Lonna))) Sending cyber-hugs and praying for you and DH.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/