PDA

View Full Version : Sad is hard..

kensington
September 23rd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Being sad is so hard, when we hurt, all we can be is sad. 5 years ago my friend lost her son in a car accident. He was a friend to my son who played football. He had a twin brother... I cannot imagine that kind of grief. That kind of sadness. And now, she must carry more. Yesterday her newborn grandbabygirl passed away into the hands of God. She was less than a month old. When she was born she developed an issue with her heart, they did open heart surgery and she was doing well. They had taken out all her tubes and such and moved her to the nursery. She aspirated and everything turned bad. She was put on life support and two days later, she passed.

Poor Beth... how will she carry such sadness in her life. Her son left to her, has now lost his baby daughter. He and his wife having to let go of their new born baby. Such things are too sad. Too much to even think. I know I do not understand.

Lisapc
September 23rd, 2013, 02:27 AM
I don't know how people bear that kind of pain. All I do know is that sometimes all you can do is just be there. Remembering to pick up the phone when everyone else has moved passed the first few weeks and are now back to their own lives.

I am praying for that woman, her son who has lost his daughter and her son who is now holding that baby girl. That poor baby girl.

Musical_Starling
September 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
There are many things that I don't understand in this world, and children passing before their parents is one of them. It's so unnatural, and it is always heartbreaking. Hugs and prayers going out to that circle of family and friends tonight and to you as well. I may not always have the right words, but I always have a hug to spare and a prayer or two!

:icon_hug:

kensington
September 23rd, 2013, 03:52 AM
MusicalStarling... My gramma said that too. When my dad passed away, she was so sad. She was just sitting there looking down, and she said, "It's not natural for your child to pass before you". I felt so sorry for her.

Musical_Starling
September 23rd, 2013, 04:07 AM
MusicalStarling... My gramma said that too. When my dad passed away, she was so sad. She was just sitting there looking down, and she said, "It's not natural for your child to pass before you". I felt so sorry for her.

I agree with Gramma, it's one of those things that just ain't right. But, as I heard a few years ago, I guess heaven would be pretty boring if it was ALL old people.. :icon_confused:

dwil23
September 23rd, 2013, 04:33 AM
It is true - a parent should never have to bury their child. I cannot imagine the pain. So sorry to hear this happened to your friend, Kensington. I will keep her family in my prayers.

Terri
September 23rd, 2013, 05:35 AM
How very sad, I will keep that family in my prayers. We have a family at church who had two daughters, the younger was killed in a car accident (her father was taking her to school) in March 1982. Years later the older daughter now married with three children of her own learned that her middle child (a beautiful little girl) had cancer. Her brave little girl fought a fight that most adults could not have fought, but in the end the Lord needed her more than we did. She passed in December 2000. Can you imagine being that mother/grandmother losing a daughter and 18 yrs later losing a granddaughter?? Or the sister/mother losing a sister then a daughter?? Even being faithful to church and living what most would call a Godly life this family has endured so much. I don't get it either....but one day maybe I will. Heaven has two beautiful angels from that family, but those of us left behind still miss them so.

shermur
September 23rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
Sad is very hard and I feel that sometimes here on this earth our faith is "tested". I can honestly state that my faith was tested immensely the last 11 days of 2002. My Mother (58) died in a car crash 12/20/02, my youngest daughter 2nd birthday 12-22-02, Mother's visitation 12-22-02/funeral 12-23-02, Christmas Eve 3 children throwing up because of (?), Christmas morning, paternal grandfather (93) passed away (liver cancer), Grandfather's funeral 12-28-02, first grandbaby born 12-29-02 and family Christmas, oldest sons birthday 12-31-02. And at one point, I looked towards the heavens and stated, " Lord, the plate is full, please don't give me anymore to deal with."
For the next 10 weeks, I went down to help take care of my Dad who is grieving so hard, he was put into the hospital for two days. Dad remarried within 5 months after my Mother's passing because he couldn't be alone. And for the next 6 months after attempting to "stay strong" for everyone that I loved, I was suffering from post-trauma stress disorder and didn't know it. Sometimes I have just wanted to run away from the world and build my faith. I truly believe that is why I started quilting again, because it not only gave me a sense of accomplishment for myself, but a closeness to something my Mother (sewing guru) and I shared when she was here on this earth.
I often think how much we miss loved ones that made an impact on our lives when they were here on this earth and what I would give to hug my Mother once more; the Christmas holidays have been sad for the past 10 years.
Yes, sad is hard; and hopefully we gain strength from the trials and tribulations we face when we can't seem to understand. I also believe that each one of us is here for just a short time and we were each given a purpose and a path to follow. Bless to those who are comforters and those who are strong and overcome the sadness.
Kensington, your friend is in my thoughts and prayers.........

easyquilts
September 23rd, 2013, 06:35 AM
Sad is the hardest...... I can't even begin to comprehend the grief of losing s child... I will keep that family in my prayers.....

It never makes any sense to me when a child dies.... Never.... One year, our parish had several children die.. Two were part of a set of newborn triplets.... They died about a week apart. I will never forget the sight of their two gramdfather's carrying those tiny white coffins.

Sad is hard, because it lingers, long after initial grief has calmed.... It just never really goes away, even though you eventually resume your life... It's a,ways there, just waiting for those quiet moments..... It underlies everything.... I am so sorry that thus family has endured the losses they have.... How can your friend bear it? Her saddness must be such a heavy burden,,,, not noy does she have to work through her own grief, but she has to watch her son suffer the terrible loss of his child. When our children, or grandchildren are in pain, do are we... There is not one of us here who would not change places with a hurting child or grandchild. I told Michael that I would gladly trade places with him, and take his pain for my own...

We sometimes need to remind ourselves, that though we have not been promised am easy life, we do have the promise of One whio will carry us over the sand.... when we cannot even out one foot in front of the other....

There are some things no one can understand, or really accept, and the loss of a child/grandchild is one of them... It's the nightmare evey one of us fears most..

Please give your friend hugs from all of us....

MayinJerset
September 23rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
So terribly sad that one family is dealt such hard blows. Adding my prayers for them.

SallyO'Sews
September 23rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss, and that of your friend, Kensington. I really cannot begin to wrap my brain around it. I pray for God's healing hand on your friend and her family, and that God would anoint and empower you to help bear her burden as her friend.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Miss Sheri
September 23rd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Ahh, you got me going this morning, the tears that is, My heart is full for that sweet family and hearing of the other families with similar losses. I can say from my own experience of burying my first born child after 6.5 weeks (45 precious days), that I could only come through the grief by clinging fast to my faith in my gentle, loving Savior. I sought Him out in prayer, I let Him carry me. I layed my burden of grief in His arms as I also layed my darling son in His arms. His tender mercies have lifted me, have cut through the dark fog that consumed me. He is my best and most beloved friend. Through Him, I can trust that I will yet see my precious son again. It has been 25 years since I said good bye to my sweet Travis, I have welcomed his four siblings into this life, and they all know his story. I agree, parents shouldn't have to outlive their children. But, I also know, that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, a loving, perfect plan. This is a world of opposites, we experience intense pain, so we can know and appreciate intense joy. We have sickness, so we can appreciate health. We choose to love, rather than hate, to forgive rather than revenge. We choose to hope rather than despair. I have the perspective that time can offer. These wounds are so new and raw for this sweet family, my heart goes out to them along with prayers for peace and the healing comfort only the Savior can give. ~ with kindest regards, Sheri

Wwena
September 23rd, 2013, 02:15 PM
I have no words, just teary eyes from reading that. What a horrible thing to have happen.

All I can say is, I have friends who lost their newborn and while they will always miss him, they now have another baby and they appreciate him that much more, I'm sure.

auntiemern
September 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
My heart goes out to them, as well as prayers. As hard as it is to accept, God needs little angels too. I also have felt the loss of losing little ones. My DSD, lost both of her boys, shortly after they were born. It is a pain that never goes away. It just gets duller. I don't know why things happen the way they do, however I have to believe it is God's will, or my faith means nothing. I am thankful every day that we still have Gabe, because it so easily could have gone the other way. Praying for peace for your friends.