PDA

View Full Version : Kensington

Mchelem
September 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
Here's the picture you asked for.

Sorry it took me so long,

Hulamoon
September 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM
That's really cute. I hope you don't mind me sharing something I found about a year ago. It's really close. I don't even remember where I found it.

kensington
September 21st, 2013, 08:51 PM
Wow thanks so much!! I like it!

She took a salt air layer cake to show me how it would look up into a falling cake rather than a falling charms!

bkthomas
September 21st, 2013, 11:55 PM

She took a salt air layer cake to show me how it would look up into a falling cake rather than a falling charms!

Oh, I thought it was a Falling Charms design and I thought to myself,
What the heck?! Kensy knows how to to that! He He

Jean Sewing Machine
September 21st, 2013, 11:57 PM

Watch out! Don't let the cake fall!

Mchelem
September 22nd, 2013, 03:18 AM
Oh, I thought it was a Falling Charms design and I thought to myself,
What the heck?! Kensy knows how to to that! He He
Lol yeah. She didn't want to cut her cake lol.

Hulamoon
September 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
So the white is two jelly rolls wide? Sorry I was trying to figure out this out and thought it was a design for a charm size.

asta
September 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for sharing, I found a charm pack while packing for our move and did not know what to do with it, will work perfect. I will try to work on this during my stay in temporary housing situation-living at a friends cottage for 3-4 weeks.

kensington
September 22nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
So the white is two jelly rolls wide? Sorry I was trying to figure out this out and thought it was a design for a charm size.

Yes, Falling Charms being one of my favorites... I wanted to see how it worked up with a Layer Cake since the Salt Air Layer Cake is too pretty to cut. I thought it might work in this pattern for my second guest room. Since my daughter took my Pinwheel Quilt I made. LOL.

I am now thinking about doing the falling charms with a four patch rather than a charm square, the four patch made from the layer cake! Endless Possibilities. My mind is always in motion!

Hulamoon
September 22nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Yes, Falling Charms being one of my favorites... I wanted to see how it worked up with a Layer Cake since the Salt Air Layer Cake is too pretty to cut. I thought it might work in this pattern for my second guest room. Since my daughter took my Pinwheel Quilt I made. LOL.

I am now thinking about doing the falling charms with a four patch rather than a charm square, the four patch made from the layer cake! Endless Possibilities. My mind is always in motion!

The four patch is a great idea!! Great way to use up some of those jelly rolls. I love that idea!

kensington
September 22nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
The four patch is a great idea!! Great way to use up some of those jelly rolls. I love that idea!

I have tons of ideas, what I need is MORE fabric and MORE time to sew! LOL. Thanks.

Mchelem
September 23rd, 2013, 03:21 AM
Kensington, if you do the 4patch, please post pictures. I would be interested to see how that looks.