PDA

View Full Version : Saturday surprises

Blondie
September 21st, 2013, 07:53 AM

Happy Saturday Folksies!

The weekend is starting out with rain yesterday and today. Which is okay since I am in a gentle rain kind of mood. The kind of rain that leaves the air outside smell and feel fresher than any fabric softner.

I didn't work yesterday, but will be playing catch up today. Yesterday, the celebration of Russell's life was just that. Despite the gentle rain, I could not count the faces of those who had been blessed with his special friendship.

Hoping that you can find some wonderfully crazy person to spend your time with this weekend. I plan on spending some time alone. After all, I am quite comfortable with me, myself and I.

Enjoy the day, see you next week.

Blessings, prayers to those in need (which would be YOU). SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bkthomas
September 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the SMILE Blondie! Enjoy your day and weekend......

Lonna
September 21st, 2013, 08:29 AM
Good Morning All,

It is a rainy day here today suppose to have rain all day. Which would be fine if I could just stay home but it is a work day. At least I do get off at 2 or it may be sooner if out road decides to flood. Oh what a wonderful sewing day it would be. But that is ok once I get home I can do nothing but sew.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Iris Girl
September 21st, 2013, 08:37 AM
Looks like it will be a rainy day here as well. It is a work day for me hope its busy and the time flies. My son is making spaghetti tonight so no cooking for me , and hubby does the dishes on weekends . that frees my evening up. Yesterday afternoon my neighbor treated me to have my haircut by her beautician. It looks like a good cut. I have such a prob finding anyone who can cut my hair correctly. It is baby fine and naturally curly and no one seems to understand layers... I think I found someone now. :)

MRoy
September 21st, 2013, 08:46 AM
Good morning! It's rainy here too...a good day for staying in and sewing,reading, napping, etc. We had fried green tomatoes for supper last night...the last ones from the garden. They were gooood! The last of the ripe tomatoes are lined up along the kitchen window sill.

I hope to finish hand sewing the binding on a baby quilt today, I've got it half sewn with the other half clipped down. I'm thinking about trying machine stitching the binding on the next little quilt. Wishing all a peaceful day!

Bubby
September 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Good Morning....It's chilly and clear this morning. Very soon it will be flannel season! We will be working outdoors most of the day.

My mind is on making a Halloween table topper and I pulled several craps from my stash already to being making strips. The cool weather makes me want to sew. I'm also in the mood to make up a few rag quilts for Christmas gifts.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday. I'm going to make our first pot of chili for the year today.

ilive2craft2
September 21st, 2013, 09:51 AM
Good Morning everyone - I have missed several of the daily threads lately - life has been a bit busy, but it starting to get back to normal. Blondie, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend - it sounds like it was a wonderful friendship and I know you will treasure your good memories.

Our construction zone of a house is beginning to look like a home again! We are down to final details - paint touch ups mostly! Woo Hoo - it has been a really long, stressful road to get to this place. My kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine - but not for long, our usual clutter will start back up soon. :) Bathroom is done too - can't wait to use the new walk in shower stall that replaced the nasty bathtub!

Mom is doing somewhat better, no real falls this week, just a stumble or two - they have her wearing compression hose during the night and I think that is helping.

My plan for the morning is to go "kidnap" my nephew (2) and my niece (9 months) and take them to a family farm that has all kinds of things set up for the kids to do. My sister is a stay at home mom and she also sells Jamberry nails and has a husband that works 60-80 hours a week this time of year and she just needs a couple of hours to call her own. I don't know how she does it, I am in awe of her. This afternoon, I plan to finish the quilt for the niece - it is the one I did the loopy hearts quilting on, but it just isn't big enough (size was determined by my sister), so I am taking artistic license and adding a border to it in the QAYG method. Wish me luck on this one. :) Then I want to start the falling charms with the Oink-a-doodle-moo fabric. I am just itching to get started on something new, but have to make myself finish the other one first!

Hugs and prayers for everyone!

GrammaBabs
September 21st, 2013, 10:54 AM
56336In reply to Blondie and some here with a crazy sense of humor like mine...I found this and sent it to my DF who had a breast biopsy yesterday after a 3 yr. checkup from previous cancer... she loved it... we make each other laugh "here at Oakpoint".. tonight we have a Flamingo Fling (long time yearly celebration of peeps preparing to "go south" for the Winter...LOL Not me, I love the Seasons...

Sandy Navas
September 21st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Good Morning....It's chilly and clear this morning. Very soon it will be flannel season! We will be working outdoors most of the day.

My mind is on making a Halloween table topper and I pulled several craps from my stash already to being making strips. The cool weather makes me want to sew. I'm also in the mood to make up a few rag quilts for Christmas gifts.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday. I'm going to make our first pot of chili for the year today.

I know she didn't mean this (don't you love those random typos?) but I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Barb, sure hope you are recovering and gaining momentum so you can get your toofies taken care of and then relax and just stitch away!!

debinmalaga
September 21st, 2013, 11:47 AM
Good morning all... working till noon then it's off to NJ to do some repairs on the house we are trying to get sold and off our hands. So no sewing for me this weekend :-(. Honestly, I feel like I have a basement full of toys and just NO time to play with them, boo hoo!

auntiemern
September 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM
Good morning. It is a beautiful day here. I will be watching the kids most of today, so no sewing for me today. Think I will watch them for most of the day at DD's house. Kenz is much more occupied there. Yesterday she was wound tight, and hard for me to handle. But there she has friends to play with, and her bike to ride. (she has a bike here too, but the weather wasn't cooperative yesterday). Guess I will have to see how that all plays out.
Hoping every one has a day filled with what they want. Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

Lisapc
September 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Good morning, almost noon to all!

I slept late because after DD and the GD's went home I passed out on the couch for a couple of hours and was a night owl until about 2 am. Yesterday was as great as it was frustrating. Hubby surprised me by coming home early and we hunted 4 stores looking for tables and a new chair for my sewing room and found nothing I "had to have". We went to my DD's and spent some time with the baby and no one gave me a present. I was sad. Then we saw my parents and they gave me a check to get the sewing machine I want. They ended up arguing over which one I wanted and they both thought they were right so I have a check. So typical of them. I wanted the less fancy one which is what Dad said and My mother said I needed all the bells and whistles. He knows me best in most regards and I am just grateful they didn't get the wrong one and that I get to have my dream machine soon. I am thrilled but wanted to spend my day today playing with my present and not just depositing a check. Then after Kora, Papa and I got back here Lil' Peter came off the bus and we just all hung out doing kid things and hubby took them to buy a cake for me. It was beautiful. Dark chocolate with a big blue rose in the center. Tasted good too! My DD showed up with a gift certificate from her for Joann's so I can buy some more stencils that I wanted because the stores don't carry them so I have to order them online and Kora's gift which is an LCD sunflower light set. I love little kid gifts.

Today I make homemade French bread and sauce. We got some canning jars yesterday during our travels. I'll do meatballs as well. No rain today but tomorrow is supposed to be a cloudy one.

I had a really nice day and like a child wish my birthday was everyday. Now to plan for my son's!!!

Have a wonderful Saturday to all!

Madeforyouinma11
September 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Hello everyone!
I love coming here to start my day..how can you not smile while reading some of these posts?
Tonight is Wii Bowling night. It's at my sisters house this month. We are bringing Julia with us tonight because my daughter and son-in-law have a wedding to go to. Won't have much time to do anything before we go so I'm going to try and catch up on some reading here. I've been reading Fifty Shades of Grey for the past week and just finished last night, so I haven't been spending my nights reading here.
Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Sharyn J
September 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Good Morning everyone!

It's beautiful out today, just my kind of weather. I have to go shopping for a pair of comfy shoes. Going to my 50th High School reunion tonight. How the heck did 50 years go by so quickly? I threw out all my old makeup and went to Carson's yesterday to buy new stuff. It's expensive, but I deserve it. :D I am still suffering from "sticker shock" over the cost of makeup. I hope this stuff will take off a few years. Yikes, when I think of all the fabric I could have bought for that money. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

CrazyMtnLady
September 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM
Howdy doody everyone. Slept in this morning which was awesome. Even the dogs slept in. The air is nice and cool and fresh. Only about 66* outside but it is very pleasant. I hate to say it but it's almost time to start wearing socks :( I hate shoes and socks!!!!!! Although down her in Missouri on our property I can't go outside barefoot I only wear my sandals unless I am working in the yard. Then I wear my snake-proof knee high boots! I have been up and working on housework this morning. I have the front room and my sewing area almost done. Still have to move a few things and vacuum.
Now that I have my sewing area cleaned off I hope I can find some time to get myself back in the sewing mood. But every time I sit to sew I think about all the things I should be out doing, like finishing cleaning the barn/garage and other yard work.

Thanks for the smile Blondie. And I guess since I am "Crazy" I am in good company today. LOL.

I have been playing and listening to a CD collection of Daniel's mom's that is all old 50s songs and have been dancing around the front room while I was cleaning. The dogs have been looking at me like I am totally off my rocker! But it sure lifts the spirits. So everyone put on some music and dance!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs and prayers to all.